DBS Live Fresh Student Card Review
Get rewarded as you dine, save on your favourite streaming services, and more with DBS.
The DBS Live Fresh Student Card is an affordable student card that offers a host of benefits as you spend. This includes up to 5% in cashback on selected dining, entertainment and streaming services. What’s more, you don’t have to pay annual fees for the first five years. Read on to find out what you need to know about the DBS Live Fresh Student Card.
S$0 annual fee for 5 years - S$192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||DBS Live Fresh Student Card|
|Reward||Get 5% cashback from your favourite brands and your favourite music, movies and TV streaming services.|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.8%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Maximum Credit Limit||S$500|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the statement balance (or S$50, whichever is greater) plus any amount that is overdue and/or exceeds your credit limit|
Benefits of using the DBS Live Fresh Student Card
- Earn cashback. You can use the DBS Live Fresh Student Card to pay at McDonald’s, McDelivery, Starbucks and Golden Village and receive up to 5% cashback (capped at S$15 per month). Also, take advantage of savings on your favourite music, movies and TV streaming services. Plus, enjoy 0.3% cashback on all other spending (capped at S$20 per month).
- Pay for everyday rides. Enjoy the convenience of being able to use the DBS Live Fresh Student Card to pay for your bus and train rides with SimplyGo. This can mean you’ll never have to top up or reload again.
- Annual fee waiver. This card has an annual fee of S$192.60, however, you can take advantage of a fee waiver for the first five years.
Features of the DBS Live Fresh Student Card
- All-in-one card. Use your credit card to pay for your ATM, retail and transit needs, so you won’t need to carry around another card.
- Option to upgrade. After you graduate, you can seamlessly upgrade to the DBS Live Fresh Card and unlock a further range of perks as you spend.
- Spending requirements. There’s no minimum spend requirement with this card.
- Credit limit. The credit limit with this card will be up to S$500.
How to apply
DBS makes it easy to apply for a DBS Live Fresh Student Card in three steps:
- Visit DBS’s website and provide the required details
- Print and complete the application form
- Mail the required documents and your application form to DBS.
You should allow 5-7 working days for processing your application. Expect delays if your application was not submitted with the required documents or the information was incomplete.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking, otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you do not have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application.
Start by checking the eligibility criteria for this credit card, to ensure that you meet those requirements. You must:
- Be between 21 and 27 years old.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be an existing student from National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP), Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP), Temasek Polytechnic (TP), Singapore Polytechnic (SP) or Republic Polytechnic (RP)
- Not have an existing DBS/POSB Credit Card or another unsecured facility with DBS or POSB
You’ll need to submit the following documents:
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back)
- Photocopy of your student matriculation card (front and back)