The DBS Black Card is a contactless Visa card that you can use at home and abroad. You’ll earn DBS Points for all your purchases which can be redeemed for DBS Rewards or converted into air miles. As well as earning points you’ll enjoy special discounts and interest-free payment plans.
- DBS rewards points. Earn 3 DBS Points on local Visa contactless purchases, and 1 DBS Point for other purchases.
- Interest-free payment plans. Take advantage of 0% interest payment plans over 12 months for larger purchases.
- Special discounts and offers. Enjoy offers exclusive to DBS Black Card members for shopping, dining and travel with brands like Booking.com, Klook, Brooks Brothers and more.
- Accumulate reward points. You are awarded DBS Points for every S$5 you spend. Points can be used for shopping or dining vouchers, air miles and other discounts.
- Convert points to air miles. Each DBS Point is worth 2 miles.
- Annual fee. There is a yearly fee of S$192.60 for principal cardholders but this is waived for one year. Each supplementary card has an annual fee of S$96.30.
- SimplyGo. Forget about carrying a separate card for public transport that you need to top up. Your DBS Black Card can be used for your train and bus fares.
- Offset travel expenses. When you book your next holiday with DBS Marketplace, you can offset your Singapore Airlines flights or hotel accommodation with your DBS Points.
You can apply for the DBS Black Card directly on the DBS website.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking, otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you do not have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application which is outlined below. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria outlined below.
- Be 21 years or older
- Have an annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PR, and S$45,000 for foreigners
The DBS Black Card enables you to earn points for all your purchases, with more points added to your balance every time you use Visa contactless locally. If you prefer to have an American Express card rather than a Visa, check out what the DBS Black American Express Card has to offer below.
Back to top
While the DBS Black American Express Card may not provide as many benefits as the DBS Black Visa Card, it is still worth considering if you want to have an American Express in your wallet. It has the same annual fees and eligibility criteria, as well as the same discounts and 0% interest payment plans.
What is different is the number of miles that you can earn. For every S$5 you spend you’ll receive 1 DBS Point. However, there is currently a cashback offer where you get 6% cashback if you spend S$1,000 or more as a new cardmember every calendar month (ends 30 September 2020).