The DBS Black American Express Card is a credit card that can earn rewards and discounts for travel, dining out or shopping. What’s more, you can get a 12-month instalment plan with 0% interest. This means you can use your card to buy larger purchases and repay them over the course of a year without paying interest. If you also like the idea of a bunch of discounts and exclusive American Express promotions, read on to find out if the DBS Black American Express Card is right for you.
The DBS Black American Express Card offers points for all of your purchases, exclusive dining and shopping privileges along with a range of global benefits through its partnership with American Express. But before applying, take a look at some other travel credit cards and compare their features to make sure that the DBS Black American Express Card is the right option for you. If you prefer to have a Visa card rather than an American Express, check out the main features of the DBS Black Card below.
Benefits of using DBS Black American Express Card
- DBS Points. Get 1 DBS Point every time you spend S$5.
- Interest-free payment plans. Make the most of 0% interest payment plans over 12 months.
- Special rewards. Get exclusive discounts on shopping and dining, and more, as a DBS Black Card member.
- Travel smarter. By linking your DBS credit card to your travel card account, you’ll can take trains or buses without having to top up (or carry) a seperate card.
Features of the DBS Black Card
- Annual fee waiver in year one. There’s an annual fee of S$192.60 for principal cardholders; however, this is waived for one year. Keep in mind that each extra card you request will have an annual fee of S$96.30.
- Save on travel expenses. Get complimentary travel insurance and use your DBS Points to offset hotel accommodation or flight bookings with Singapore Airlines.
- DBS deals on dining, and more. This provider has multiple partners across Singapore, unlocking special offers on shopping, dining and leisure activities.
- Convert points to air miles. Each DBS Point is worth two miles. Note that there are fees associated with converting DBS Points to miles.
How do I apply for the DBS Black American Express Card?
You can apply for the DBS Black American Express Card via the DBS website.
If you’re an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking. Alternatively, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you do not have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying. Also, make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Be 21 years or older
- Earn an income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PR; or S$45,000 if you’re a foreigner
Back to top
DBS Black Card
The DBS Black Card offers many of the same advantages and costs of the DBS Black American Express Card: the annual fees are the same; so are many of the discounts, and the 0% interest payment plan for 12 months. However, you might prefer the added benefits with the DBS Black Card: one being the chance to get 3 DBS Points for every S$5 you spend on local Visa contactless purchases.