Whether you’re looking for a credit card that gives you cashback or one that earns air miles and rewards, HSBC has a broad range of benefits for different types of spenders. Free luggage, Grab discounts and permanent annual fee waivers are just a few examples of the perks available from this card issuer.
Read on to find out which cards are on offer from HSBC, and learn the eligibility requirements before applying.
HSBC Revolution Credit Card
Receive S$150 cash back or a Samsonite Prestige 69cm Spinner Exp (worth SS670) luggage
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply.
HSBC Revolution Credit Card
- Principal Annual Fee: S$0 annual fee for 2 years - S$160.50 thereafter.
- Cashback Rate: 0%
- Annual Interest Rate: 25.9%
- Minimum Income (Singaporean & PR): S$30,000
- Minimum Income (Non-Singaporean): S$40,000
HSBC offers a wide variety of credit cards in Singapore, including cashback, air miles and rewards cards, and even a credit card that potentially offers a perpetual fee waiver. Cardholders can also benefit from a large range of value-added financial services with their cards, including cash instalment plans, balance transfer, balance conversion and even a tax payment program. Compare your options based on the following types of cards and your financial needs.
HSBC has several cashback credit cards including the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card and HSBC Advance Credit Card. These provide cash rebates on various types of spending both locally and online, including on daily expenses, such as groceries, petrol, dining and bill payments, as well as on shopping and entertainment. Some unique privileges that cardholders could benefit from include earning rebates on paying recurring bills, transit payments and insurance (which is usually excluded by banks in Singapore) and accumulating both cashback and air miles with one card.
Learn more about cashback credit cards
While some individuals may prefer directly earning cash rebates with a cashback card, others might want a rewards credit card that lets you accumulate points and air miles quickly. Rewards cards can provide more flexible and exclusive redemption options such as flight and travel deals, discounts on hotels, dining, entertainment and vouchers to redeem a wide range of merchandise and services. Some HSBC rewards cards, including the HSBC Revolution Credit Card, also have no minimum spend requirements and no cap on the points you can earn.
Learn more about rewards credit cards
HSBC also offers several air miles cards, including the HSBC Visa Infinite credit card as well as the HSBC Revolution Credit Card and HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card. With an air miles card from HSBC, cardholders can expect to earn points on a wide range of local and online spending, including online shopping, food delivery services such as Foodpanda and when paying recurring bills. Members may also benefit from an annual fee waiver if minimum spend requirements are met. Other privileges and perks may include unlimited access to VIP airport lounges worldwide, complimentary travel insurance coverage, welcome offers on qualifying spends and no additional fees for eligible supplementary cardholders.
Learn more about air miles credit cards
If you’re unsure whether an HSBC credit card is right for you, consider the following features:
- Welcome gifts. New cardholders may be eligible to receive a range of sign-up offers or cashback on eligible minimum spends charged to your card.
- Supplementary cards. All supplementary cards will not incur additional fees for life. You can apply for up to five supplementary cards.
- Rewards program. All HSBC primary cardholders with a valid HSBC Visa or Mastercard credit card are eligible for the HSBC Rewards program. This program is additional to any card-specific benefits you can enjoy. Every dollar charged to your credit card earns you one reward point, which you can then use to redeem shopping, dining and entertainment vouchers, gifts and cash rebates.
- Exclusive lifestyle perks. Enjoy a range of dining, lifestyle and petrol privileges curated by Entertainer via the Entertainer with HSBC mobile app. These include numerous 1-for-1 deals on dining, leisure, wellness and entertainment across Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, London and more.
- Mobile payments. HSBC offers the convenience of Apple Pay on your Apple devices for fast and secure transactions.
- Travel privileges. All HSBC credit cardholders can access HSBC’s home&Away Privilege Programme, which offers privileges both locally and on your travels. These include discounts on shopping and deals on a wide variety of travel and dining experiences.
You can apply for an HSBC credit card online in about 15 minutes.
Follow these steps to apply for an HSBC credit card:
- Compare all of HSBC’s credit cards in the comparison table above.
- Pick the credit card that best suits your lifestyle and financial needs.
- Check the eligibility criteria for your credit card of choice and see if you meet the eligibility requirements by selecting “Compare” in the table.
- When you’re ready to apply, click “Go to site” to start your online application with HSBC.
Before applying, make sure you’ve met the following eligibility requirements and have all the necessary documents on hand.
While specific requirements may vary depending on the specific HSBC card you apply for, most HSBC credit cards have the following requirements:
- Age. You must be at least 21 years old as the primary card applicant. Supplementary card applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Minimum income. Most HSBC credit cards require the following minimum income levels:
- S$30,000 for Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents (SPRs)
- S$40,000 for self-employed or commission-based Singaporeans, SPRs and foreigners who reside in Singapore
- Fixed deposit collateral. If you don’t meet the minimum income requirements, you can still apply with a minimum S$10,000 fixed deposit to be maintained with the bank as long as your account is open.
- Residential status. Singaporean citizens, permanent residents and foreigners can apply for an HSBC credit card. However, foreigners may be subject to higher income requirements and stricter employment criteria.
- Credit history. Applicants must have a good credit rating (such as no recent episodes of bankruptcy or defaults) and checks will be made prior to approval.
- Advance and Premier membership. Certain HSBC credit cards are only open to Advance and Premier relationship customers. These cards come with their own eligibility requirements.
Make sure you have the following information and documents ready when you apply:
- Personal details.You’ll need to provide personal details including your name, email address, phone number, residential address and National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) or passport and employment pass both with at least six months’ validity.
- Credit card information.You’ll need to provide your credit card number and disclose information including your annual income bracket, whether you currently hold an HSBC credit card and the type of card you wish to apply for (cashback, air miles or rewards for example).
Can I convert my HSBC reward points into air miles?
Your reward points earned on your card can be converted into air miles with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Asia Miles upon joining the HSBC Mileage Programme. You can sign up for a one-time enrolment subject to an annual fee or redeem additional reward points for a fee waiver. Every 5,000 reward points can be exchanged for 2,000 miles. You must be a member of at least one of the participating airlines’ frequent flyer or travel reward programs before enrolling in the HSBC Mileage Programme.
What’s the expiry date for the HSBC reward points earned?
Your HSBC reward points will last for up to three years.
How can I activate my complimentary travel insurance?
Certain HSBC credit cards come with complimentary travel insurance. To enjoy this benefit, simply charge your travel expenses (such as air tickets and hotel bookings) to your HSBC credit card to qualify for the free insurance coverage. To activate your card, follow the instructions provided by your bank.
What HSBC credit card promotions are available?
HSBC offers a wide range of bank-wide credit range promotions, including discounts and deals on petrol, dining, shopping, travel and leisure. These could include earning rewards and redeeming discounts and rebates on Shell and Caltex petrol.