Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
DBS Credit Cards
A DBS credit card may be the answer to managing your finances, so here’s an overview of your options.
Whether you seek rebates, shopping deals, flyer miles and rewards or an affordable student card, DBS offers a host of credit card options to choose from. Compare DBS bank credit cards and choose the one that best suits your needs, lifestyle and preferences.
Compare DBS credit cards
What does DBS offer?
DBS, which has used this brand name since 2003 instead of the original Development Bank of Singapore, offers a wide array of credit cards in Singapore. For example:
- If you are seeking cashbacks and rebates you can choose from among the POSB Everyday Card, the DBS Black Visa Card and the DBS Live Fresh Card.
- Those wanting to earn air miles or get access to travel deals can opt for the DBS Altitude Cards, DBS Woman’s Card and Woman’s World Card.
- DBS grocery and shopping cards like the DBS Takashimaya Card present you with a delicious dilemma on which card to pick for shopping deals
- For online shopping, the DBS Live Fresh Card, DBS Woman’s Card and the DBS Woman’s World Card are all options to consider.
To help you sort through the options, we’ve categorized them into different types, so read on to find out more.
What types of DBS credit cards are available?
From student cards with no income requirement to privilege-laden travel and rewards cards, DBS has a broad range of credit cards to pick from. The co-branded lifestyle cards such as the DBS NUS Alumni Card, DBS NUSS Card and SAFRA DBS Card can come with exclusive privileges, rewards and rebates, including annual fee waivers.
Cashback or rebate credit cards
- If cashbacks and rebates on everyday expenses is what you want, the POSB Everyday Card is one option to consider. In addition to double-digit rebates on dining and on petrol purchases at Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC), you can also earn rebates on groceries, utilities and shopping.
- The DBS Live Fresh Card offers up to 5% cashback for online shopping and shopping via mobile apps, and when using Visa payWave, Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung pay, subject to a monthly minimum spend of S$600 per month.
Travel and air miles credit cards
- With DBS Altitude Cards you can earn miles on a range of purchases both locally and overseas. Complimentary add-ons include access to Global Airport Lounges and travel accident insurance up to S$1 million.
Rewards credit cards
- Some of DBS’ rewards cards include:
- The DBS Woman’s Card and the Woman’s World Card let you earn flyer miles or DBS points for a range of purchases. With both cards you can also convert some large purchases into 12-month instalment plans free of interest.
- With the DBS Woman’s World Card you can also earn DBS Points for every S$5 spent when shopping overseas.
- The DBS Takashimaya cards – both the American Express and Visa cards – earn Takashimaya Bonus Points for spend at the Takashimaya Department Store. You can redeem your points for Takashimaya gift vouchers.
Grocery and shopping credit cards
Petrol credit cards
- With the DBS Esso Card your discounts at Esso sites can add up to double digits with instant fuel discounts and additional discounts. You can also receive fuel savings when you convert Smiles Points earned on dining, shopping and other spending on your Esso Card.
Student credit card
- DBS Live Fresh Student Card comes with 5 years annual fee waiver and gives you the opportunity to earn up to 5% cashback when spending at certain brands including McDonald’s, Golden Village and more. There is no minimum income requirement for this card.
Lifestyle credit cards
- The exclusive lifestyle cards offered in collaboration with SAFRA, the recreation facilities for the armed services, and the National University of Singapore (NUS) offer benefits like exclusive privileges, fee waivers and rebates on online and offline purchases and other spending.
- The DBS SAFRA Card privileges include access to SAFRA Clubhouse gyms, entertainment and swimming pools. You can also earn SAFRAPOINTS.
- The DBS NUS Alumni Card lets you support students of NUS by way of bursaries and awards each time you spend. It also comes loaded with dining, shopping, entertainment and wellness privileges both on campus and around the country.
- The DBS NUSS Card waives your annual fee for as long as you remain a member of the NUS Society. You can also earn DBS Rewards Points when you spend at NUSS food and beverage (F&B) outlets and more.
What benefits can I get with a DBS credit card?
- DBS offers a variety of rewards on its different credit cards including vouchers from Takashimaya Department Store, discounts on Esso Synergy fuel purchases and DBS Points. DBS Bank also allows some cardholders to convert DBS Points to air miles in programs like KrisFlyer and Asia Miles. Refer to the DBS Rewards Catalogue for the many exciting options to redeeming your rewards points.
- The DBS Lifestyle App makes shopping, dining and travel more rewarding. Use it to download mobile coupons or redeem your rewards in a jiffy.
- Use DBS FasTrack to order food with your DBS or POSB credit card and avoid waiting in line.
Easy and convenient mobile and digital payments
- You can pay for your card transactions using DBS MasterPass, EZ-Pay, Visa Checkout, Visa payWave, Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung pay.
- With DBS Recurring Bill Payments you can pay multiple bills easily, saving you time and earning reward points in the process.
- You can make credit card payments via digibank, digibank Mobile, the DBS Lifestyle App, SMS banking, or through DBS/POSB ATMs, Video Teller Machines (VTMs), through AXS Stations via AXS e-Station, AXS m-Station and AXS QuickBill, by interbank Giro and by cheque.
- EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) chips in DBS Credit cards offer enhanced security against fraud.
- Enable or disable the card for overseas use to give you more control over how your card can be used.
- One Time Passwords (OTP) can make online transactions more secure.
- SMS Notification Alerts. This function allows you to customise thresholds for transactions, and you’ll receive an alert if those thresholds are exceeded.
How can I apply for a DBS credit card?
Follow the steps below to apply for a DBS credit card. Note that the exact application requirements and process will differ depending on the specific card you’re applying for:
- Compare the various DBS credit card options, reviewing their privileges, benefits and costs.
- Select the credit card that best suits you, considering your lifestyle, credit needs, spending patterns, income and circumstances.
- Check the eligibility criteria for your chosen credit card to ensure that you meet those requirements. Eligibility criteria may vary from card to card, especially income levels, but you can expect the following:
- Age. You must be at least 21 years of age
- Income. With the exception of students, you generally need to have a minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPRs) and S$45,000 for foreign nationals.
- Supporting documents and information you will need to submit.
- For salaried:
- A photocopy of your National Registration Identity Card (NRIC), front and back, AND
- Latest 12-month Central Provident Fund (CPF) contribution history statement AND
- Computerised payslips for the last three months OR
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment OR
- POSB or DBS account number if your salary has been credited to this account for the last three months via Giro.
- For self-employed or fully commissioned:
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) AND
- Latest 2 years Income Tax Notices of Assessment
- For commission or variable income earners:
- A photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) AND
- Latest 12 months CPF contribution history OR
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Foreign nationals:
- Valid Passport with 6 months’ validity AND
- Employment Pass with at least 6 months’ validity AND
- Latest computerised payslip or salary crediting Singapore dollar account with DBS/POSB account AND
- Most recent Income Tax Notice of Assessment where available
- If employment is less than three months, a company letter dated within three months of application that certifies employment and your salary in Singapore dollars.
- Once you have all the documents and information lined up, click the “Go to site” button to be taken to a secure application page.
- Provide the required details and documents.
- Submit your online application. You should allow 5-7 working days for processing your application. There will be delays if your application was not submitted with the required documents or the information was incomplete.
Frequently asked questions about DBS credit cards
Read more on this topic
Credit Card Finder Compare cashback, air miles, rewards, low interest, no annual fee cards and a host of other credit cards in Singapore.
Best credit card buffet promotions in Singapore See how much you can save with the latest credit card buffet promotions at hotels and restaurants around Singapore.
Best credit card hotel promotions 2020 Learn about how to reap the rewards of hotel promotions - both in Singapore and further afield - while using your credit card.
Free travel insurance with credit cards Travel with peace of mind and save on holiday costs with a credit card with complimentary travel insurance.
Best Mastercard Credit Cards If you're shopping around for a new Mastercard credit card, read this guide to learn more about the features and perks that come with the different cards.
Best credit cards for shopping online Whether you're looking to save on interest costs, earn reward points or need peace of mind that purchases are secure, we're here to help you compare the best credit cards for online shopping.
Best cashback credit cards with no minimum spend Find out how to choose the best cashback credit card that doesn't have any minimum spend requirement.
Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card Review Your bank contributes to select NUS partners for every dollar you charge to the Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card.
American Express Credit Cards Whether you want to focus on air miles, rewards or cashback, you have plenty of options to consider with Amex.
CIMB Bank Credit Cards Earn cashback on online shopping and a range of other spending categories with a no-annual-fee credit card from CIMB.