CIMB Bank Credit Cards
CIMB has many credit cards on offer, and this guide will help you to review them.
All of CIMB high end card offers from Visa and MasterCard come with their own exclusive privileges. Take the time to compare CIMB Bank credit cards and choose which high-end privileges and offers best suit you and your lifestyle
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Why should I choose CIMB?
With its roots in the 1920s, the bank adopted the name Commerce International Merchant Bankers (CIMB) in the 1980s and has continued to build and grow since then. You can choose from among the Infinite Visa privileges worldwide, find great deals in foreign currency transactions with Visa Signature, accept complimentary green fees at golf courses in Singapore and around Asia, enjoy amazing dining discounts on CIMB World MasterCard, or earn Platinum Mastercard privileges.
The choices are almost endless, so let us guide you through the types of cards so that you can make a wise decision:
Types of CIMB Bank credit cards
CIMB Bank offers you credit cards with attractive cash rebates, exclusive travel deals and complimentaries, including cross-border CIMB regional deals and travel insurance cover. All CIMB credit cards are no-annual-fee cards, and they let you enjoy the privileges of a credit card – without paying for that privilege. The cards fall into a number of categories, as we will explain:
Cashback or rebate credit cards
- The CIMB Visa Signature card and the CIMB Platinum Mastercard both offer cash rebates.
- Get 10% cash rebates on wining and dining with CIMB Visa Signature card. You can earn your rebates at nightlife venues and eateries, from fast food outlets to fine dining restaurants, and everything in between. Cash rebates are available on foreign currency online shopping transactions as well. Unlimited 0.2% cash rebate on all other retail spending.
- CIMB Platinum Mastercard offers 10% cash rebates on travel, beauty, wellness and health as well as unlimited 0.2% cash rebates on all other retail spend.
- The Visa Infinite card and the CIMB World Mastercard also have cash rebates, but on a less impressive scale than with the Visa Signature and Platinum Mastercard. However, you can still get cash rebates on overseas and travel expenses, local dining, shopping, groceries and petrol. CIMB World Mastercard has the least attractive rebates of all CIMB credit cards offerings.
Travel credit cards
Each CIMB credit card has its own exclusive travel privileges:
- CIMB Visa Signature card offers complimentary travel insurance cover up to S$500,000 as well as opportunities to make use of cross-border regional deals from CIMB Bank.
- The Visa Infinite card gives you a chance to earn 2% cash rebates on all travel, overseas spend and online foreign currency transactions. Other features includes access to VIP airport lounges around the world, personal concierge services and complimentary travel insurance cover.
- The Platinum Mastercard from CIMB comes with access to cross-border regional deals on dining and other lifestyle experiences, attractive cash rebates on hotels, travel and flights, as well as admin fee waivers on purchases using foreign currency.
- CIMB World Mastercard opens up golfing opportunities for its cardholders by waiving green fees at prominent golfing venues across across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines and Vietnam. Find great discounts in dining around Singapore and at selected venues in Malaysia and Indonesia with the Cross-Border CIMB Bank Regional Deals. Additional features include complimentary travel insurance cover to keep you safe on your journey.
Credit cards with no annual fee
None of the credit cards offered by CIMB Bank charge an annual fee.
Shopping and dining credit cards
What you get by way of a shopping and dining deals varies with each CIMB credit card:
- With the Cross-Border CIMB Bank Regional Deals, you can receive competitive discounts when dining at selected restaurants in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- CIMB Visa Signature card does not charge an administration fee on foreign currency transactions and gives significant cash rebates when you make foreign currency online purchases. There are also attractive cash rebates to be earned when paying with your Visa Signature card at various nightlife venues, fast food outlets, cafes and restaurants.
- The Visa Infinite card from CIMB entitles you to exclusive discounts on dining as well as cash rebates on dining and shopping.
What benefits can I get with a CIMB Bank credit card?
All of the CIMB card offers from Visa and MasterCard come with their own exclusive privileges:
- Complimentary travel Insurance. Some CIMB credit cards entitle you to complimentary travel insurance when you charge your air tickets with your card.
- Cash withdrawal. Cardmembers can withdraw cash from CIMB Bank Branch ATMs in Singapore or at any MasterCard/Cirrus or Visa/Plus ATMs around the world. You will need a PIN for this.
- Personal concierge services. Offered on selected CIMB credit cards.
- Flexi-Payments. You can use the CIMB interest-free i.Pay Plan to make credit card repayments in any period up to 20 months.
- Easy and convenient payment methods. You can make credit card payments via CIMB Clicks, interbank GIRO, at AXS Stations, through cash at CIMB Bank branches, using auto debit from CIMB accounts, or by cheque.
- Security. CIMB Transaction Alerts let you know immediately when amounts over a defined threshold are charged to your credit cards. The magnetic stripe on CIMB credit cards become disabled for overseas transactions. You need to call and ask CIMB to activate the magnetic stripe before travelling overseas. You can do so by calling the 24-hour CIMB Credit Card Customer Service Hotline on (65) 6333 6666.
How can I apply for a CIMB Bank credit card?
Follow these steps to apply for a CIMB Bank credit card:
- Compare the various CIMB Bank credit card options, reviewing their privileges, benefits and costs
- Select the credit card that best suits you, taking into account your lifestyle, credit needs, spending patterns, income and circumstances. Comparison tables make this easy.
- Check the eligibility criteria for your chosen credit card to ensure that you meet those requirements. Eligibility criteria may vary from card to card, especially income wise, but you can expect the following:
- Age. You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Income. Have a minimum annual income of S$30,000 if you are a Singapore citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR). The limit is S$15,000 for Singapore Citizen or SPR aged 55 years and above. Applicants who do not meet the minimum income requirement can use a minimum Fixed Deposit of S$10,000 collateral.
- Supporting documents and information you will need to submit. All applicants must furnish a photocopy of their National Registration Identity Cards (NRIC), both front and back.
- For Fully Salaried:
- Latest computerised payslip OR
- Statement of Central Provident Fund(CPF) contribution history for the past year OR
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment AND last 2 months statement of CPF contribution history OR the most recent computerised payslip
- For Self-Employed
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 2 years AND copies of bank statements for 3 months.
- For Commission or Variable Income Earners
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past 2 years OR
- CPF contribution history for the past 12 months.
- Once you have all the documents and information lined up, click the “Go to site” button to be taken to a secure application page.
- Provide the required details and documents.
- Submit your online application.
You can also apply for a CIMB Bank credit card offline. Some card applicants may receive same day approval when applications are submitted via www.cimbbank.com.sg. You will be notified by SMS when your card application has been approved. You will receive your credit card by mail within 3 working days.
FAQs about CIMB Bank credit cards
Read more on this topic
UOB JCB Card Review Earn accelerated rebates when you spend at select Japanese merchants, both in Singapore and Japan.
Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card review The Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card awards bonus points on your banking relationship.
Standard Chartered Prudential Visa Signature Card Review Offset your insurance premiums with the points you've earned on the Standard Chartered Prudential Visa Signature Card.
Standard Chartered Manhattan $500 Card Review The Standard Chartered Manhattan $500 Card is an entry-level credit card for those earning less than $18,000 p.a.
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite X Credit Card Review The Standard Chartered X Credit Card is a sleek metal card that comes with both prestige and unlimited reward earn.
CIMB Visa Signature Card Review Benefit from up to 10% in rebates when you spend on beauty, grocery, online shopping, petcare and cruises with this credit card.
Citibank Lazada Card Earn up to 10X rewards points when shopping on Lazada. Other perks include savings on delivery and complimentary travel cover.
Citibank Cash Back+ Credit Card The Citibank Cash Back+ Credit Card lets your earn 1.6% cashback - with no limit or minimum spend - in any category.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review Earn points on your daily spending including shopping, dining, petrol, and more.
UOB Delight Credit Card Card Review Earn bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and recurring bills with the UOB Delight Credit Card.