Earn up to 5% cash back on your daily spends, whether it’s online shopping, groceries, SMRT rides or movies with Citibank SMRT card.
The Citibank SMRT card allows you to maximise savings on your daily spends, offering savings on groceries, fast food and coffee, movies, online shopping and more. Savings are dished out in the form of SMRT$, which may be redeemed at any participating merchants, for vouchers, rides and even cash rebates. So if you’re a budget shopper looking to earn points as you spend, you can compare the rates, fees and features of this card in further detail below.
Benefits of using the Citibank SMRT Card
When you shop using the Citibank SMRT card, you get to enjoy a number of unique benefits:
- Daily savings. Get up to 5% savings on groceries, dining and movies, up to 3% discount on online shopping and up to 2% off on EZ-Reload top ups.
- Petrol discounts. Those who drive can also save up to 14% in fuel spendings at Esso and Shell stations.
- Welcome gift. All new cardholders is qualified to receive S$120 cash back, as long as you meet the S$1,200 qualifying spend. This offer is only available within three months from card approval. Terms and conditions apply and offers are subject to change from time to time at the bank’s discretion.
- Refer-a-friend bonus. Get S$50 per successful referral and up to S$1,500 bonus cash for further successful referrals. T&Cs apply. Ends 23 August 2019.
Features of the Citibank SMRT Card
Here are the features you should consider when looking at the Citibank SMRT Card.
- Annual fee. After the first 2 years waiver, the Citibank SMRT card will incur an annual fee of S$192.60 for the primary card and S$96.30 for every supplementary card.
- Easy redemptions. Redeem SMRT$ for cash rebates or vouchers where you earn 1 SMRT$ for every S$1 spend on eligible purchases.
- Shopping and travel deals. Besides earning SMRT$, you can also access exclusive Citi offers such as shopping or hotel discounts from participating merchants.
- EZ-Link card. This credit card doubles as an EZ-Link card for your daily commute. You can also enable the EZ-Reload facility and enjoy the convenience of automatic top-up when your EZ-Link value is insufficient.
- Visa payWave. Equipped with a contactless payment feature, you can make fast and hassle-free payments for purchases under S$100 by simply tapping it on any contactless transaction reader.
How to apply for the Citibank SMRT Card
Applying for the Citibank SMRT Card takes around 10 to 15 minutes online. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary documents:
- Earn at least S$30,000 p.a if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or S$42,000 if you’re a foreigner
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years or older
If you’re looking for a credit card that offers competitive cash back for your daily expenditure as well as complimentary extras, the Citibank SMRT Card might be an option for you to consider. Just make sure you compare it to a range of other cash back and rewards cards to make sure that you’re applying for the one that suits your lifestyle.