Citibank Debit Mastercard review
Take advantage of free overseas cash withdrawals and other perks with this card.
The Citibank Debit Mastercard comes with a wide range of features to streamline your day-to-day payments. Learn more about the card and compare with other options before applying.
Minimum Initial Deposit
Features of the Citibank Debit Mastercard
Here are some of the benefits you can expect with the Citibank Debit Mastercard:
- Multi-currency feature. If you have the Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account, you may access 9 different foreign currencies with your Citibank Debit Mastercard at no additional conversion fee.
- Access a wide network of ATMs. Withdraw cash conveniently at over 360 Citibank ATMs and atm5 network islandwide. The Citibank Debit Mastercard may also be used at over 2 million ATMs around the world for free.
- Worldwide acceptance. The card is accepted at over 30 million Mastercard merchants across the globe. Cardholders can also pay for purchases with NETS at over 14,000 outlets island-wide.
- Transit ready with SimplyGo. The Citibank Debit Mastercard can be used for fare payment via card, mobile or wearable payment (Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay). This way you can enjoy smoother commute by simply tapping on the contactless terminals on public bus and train without the hassle of queuing and reloading your EZ-Link card.
- Contactless payment technology. Making fast and secure payments when you shop with Mastercard contactless.
- Enhanced card security. Receive instant SMS notifications for every transactions made. This way if you lose your card, you’ll not be liable for any unauthorised card transactions effected on the card after the bank has been notified. It is also equipped with an EMV-Dynamic Data Authentication Smart Chip to protects you from potential identity theft and fraudulent activity.
- Exclusive Citibank Debit Mastercard privileges. Access a host of curated dining offers, travel deals, entertainment perks and more with Mastercard’s Priceless Cities.
What fees and limits apply?
- There’s 0% fee for overseas payments made in the preferred currency of your Foreign Currency Account.
- You’ll be charged a 2.5% fee for overseas transactions in Singapore dollars or a currency that’s different from the currency of your account.
How to apply for the Citibank Debit Mastercard
You may apply for the Citibank Debit Mastercard at any Citibank branch or through the application form. Before applying, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents ready:
- Singapore citizen, permanent residents or foreigner with a valid visa
- At least 18 years old
- Hold at least a Citibank savings or current account
- No minimum income required
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back); or
- Photocopy of your passport with at least 6 months validity; or
- Duly completed and signed application form