Earn up to 8% cash back on everyday spending categories and enjoy a wide array of ongoing promotions with this card.
The Citi Cash Back card has one of the most eye-catching cash back benefits on the market, promising to provide 8% cash back on dining, groceries and petrol. If you charge your everyday spendings frequently and meet the qualifying spend of S$888 per month, this card may be ideal for you.
Benefits of using the Citi Cash Back Card
Here are some of the features that come with the Citi Cash Back Card:
- Cash back. Earn 8% cash back on dining, groceries and petrol when you meet a minimum retail spend of S$888 per calendar month. All eligible expenditures, regardless of spend categories, will entitle you to 0.25% cash back. There’s no qualifying spend and earn cap for the 0.25% rebates.
- Petrol discounts. You can enjoy bonus fuel savings up to 20.88% in petrol savings at Esso and Shell stations..
- Welcome bonus. If you’re a new cardholder, you’re eligible to earn up to S$120 additional cash back when you spend. You’ll receive S$20 cash back for every month you meet the S$1,200 monthly qualifying spend, up to three months from your card approval. Terms and conditions apply and offers are subject to change from time to time at the bank’s discretion.
- Refer-a-friend bonus. Receive S$50 per successful referral and up to S$1,500 bonus for further successful referrals. T&Cs apply. Ends 23 August 2019.
Features of the Citi Cash Back Card
The Citi Cash Back Card provides the following features:
- Annual fee. The annual fee for the primary card is S$192.60 and S$96.30 for every supplementary card. First-year annual fees are waived for the primary card and two supplementary cards.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Purchase your travel tickets with your Citi Cash Back Card for complimentary coverage of up to S$1 million in travel accident insurance for incidences such as flight inconveniences and fatal injury whilst travelling.
- Dining, lifestyle and travel perks. Gain access to a multitude of local dining deals with Citi Gourmet Pleasures. Citi World Privileges also open doors to other overseas dining, travel and shopping deals, helping you make the most out of your dollar.
- Eligible for mobile wallets. You can make fast and secure payments online, in stores and in apps through Citi Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
- Automated ERP payments with EZ-Pay. You may also link your Citi credit card to the EZ-Pay facility, allowing you to breeze through Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantries without worrying about an empty cash card.
How to apply for the Citi Cash Back Card
You can apply for the Citi Cash Back Card online in around five to ten minutes. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and details on hand for a quick application process.
- Earn at least S$30,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or S$42,000 if you’re a foreigner.
- Have a good credit rating.
- Be at least 21 years or older.
The Citi Cash Back Card could offer lots of potential savings if you spend on groceries, fuel and dining frequently, and charge at least S$888 to your card every month. Otherwise, the high annual fee may negate any savings earned from the 0.25% basic cash back rate and end up costing you more. To make sure you’re applying for the right card for you, take some time to compare your options before you make your decision.