Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
CIMB World Mastercard Review
Take advantage of this cashback card with travel and golfing perks.
The CIMB World Mastercard is an excellent maintenance-free option for golfers and globetrotters alike. Enjoy unlimited 2% cashback on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile and duty-free store purchases both locally and overseas, plus 1.5% cashback on all general spend, with no minimum spend requirement. Cardholders can also enjoy 50% off on walk-in green fees at 25 prestigious golf courses in Southeast Asia, alongside other exceptional privileges.
Use this guide to compare the benefits and features of the CIMB World Mastercard so you can decide if it’s the right card for you.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Benefits of using the CIMB World Mastercard
Here are some of the potential benefits and features you can look forward to:
- Unlimited 2% cashback on four categories of spending. Earn unlimited 2% (consist of 1.5% base rate plus 0.5% bonus rate) cashback when you spend on wine and dine, entertainment, recreation, automobile and duty-free stores.
- Unlimited 1.5% cashback on all spend. Earn 1.5% base cashback on all eligible spend, at no minimum spend or monthly cap.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Travel with an ease of mind with up to $1 million travel coverage for you and your family when the full travel fares are charged to your CIMB World Mastercard.
- Transit ready with SimplyGo. Simply tap the fare gantry with your SimplyGo-enabled CIMB World Mastercard, mobile or wearable payment (Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay) to pay for your bus or train fare.
- Free for life. Both principal and supplementary cards do not come with any annual fees.
Features of the CIMB World Mastercard
The CIMB World Mastercard provides the following features:
- Sign-up offer. Receive S$120 cash credit when you apply for a CIMB credit card and spend a minimum of S$500/month for two months. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Oct 2021.
- e-Commerce protection. Shop with confidence knowing that your online purchases are protected against non-delivery and defects up to US$200 p.a. under the e-Commerce Purchase Protection Insurance by Mastercard, should the seller fails to reimburse you.
- Apply for up to 4 supplementary cards. Extend the card benefits to your family with up to 4 free supplementary cards.
- CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan. Ease the burden of your big-ticket purchases with 6, 12 or 24 months interest-free instalment plans. Do note that this flexible payment plan will cost a one-time processing fee of 3% of the transaction amount for 6- or 12-month tenures, and 5% of the transaction amount for 24-month tenure.
- Exclusive CIMB deals. Benefit from CIMB’s exclusive network of over 1,000 dining, retail and lifestyle partners in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Golfing privileges. Enjoy 50% off green fees when you tee-off at 25 prestigious golf courses across 9 Asian countries. Terms and conditions apply, so make sure to check your eligibility before booking a game.
- Mastercard Airport Experiences. Gain exclusive access to Mastercard’s lounge network with over 1,000 lounges in over 500 airports worldwide. In addition, you’re also entitled to special promotions on dining, shopping, and spa outlets from selected exclusive airport merchants
How to apply for the CIMB World Mastercard
If you’ve compared cards and decided the CIMB World Mastercard suits your needs, you can apply online in around 10 minutes via a secure application form. Alternatively, you may opt to apply via MyInfo, which will retrieve your personal details and income information from SingPass.
Before applying, do ensure that you meet the following criteria and all the necessary documents ready.
- Earn at least S$50,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident;
- Fixed deposit collateral of at least S$50,000 if you don’t meet the income requirements
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years of age
Frequently asked questions
Compare other credit cards in Singapore
More guides on Finder
Instarem Amaze review
Benefit from 1% cashback, low-cost FX payments and seamless expense management with the Instarem Amaze card.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Vinomofo discount codes and coupons September 2021
When it comes to happiness and wine, Vinomofo has you covered. Enjoy good wine, have fun and hang out with others who do.
Libertex offers zero spreads on 250+ tradable assets, including stocks, cryptocurrencies and ETFs. Learn more in our review.
Benefit from zero trade commission on selected accounts, low spreads and a host of advanced trading tools with Exness online brokerage.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.