Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card Review
Enjoy 10% cashback on everyday purchases with the CIMB Visa Signature credit card.
The CIMB Visa Signature may be best known for offering 10% cashback, but there’s a lot more to this popular card than its headline offer. One major perk is a range of travel benefits for those who often find themselves on the move. Let’s take a look at the full range of features, rates and fees in more detail below.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Benefits of using the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
The CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card offers both cost-saving features and rewards. Some of the main benefits of this card are:
- 10% cashback across multiple categories. Earn money back on your groceries, beauty and wellness products, pet shopping, vet services and cruises. This attractive cashback rate also covers all of your online shopping. To be eligible for the 10% cashback (base 0.2% cashback plus 9.8% additional cashback), cardholders need to spend at least S$800 per month.
- Unlimited 0.2% cashback. Get money back on all other retail spending, with no minimum spend or monthly cap.
- Interest-free repayments. By converting your travel and other big expenses to the CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan, you can get interest-free repayments over a period of up to 24 months.
- Complimentary travel insurance. You can get up to S$500,000 of travel accident cover if you charge your full travel fares to your CIMB Visa Signature card. You can also get protection for lost baggage and flight delays.
- Concierge services. This card offers useful advice on travel planning as well as gift ideas for loved ones. These and other benefits can be most easily accessed via the VisaConcierge app.
Features of the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
- Sign-up offer. Receive S$150 cash credit when you apply for a CIMB credit card and spend a minimum of S$500/month for two months. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Dec 2021.
- No annual fee. This card is free-for-life and the benefit also applies for up to four supplementary cards for members of your family.
- Tap-and-ride on local transport. Avoid the hassle of carrying separate transit cards – and having to top them up – on bus and train rides.
- Cash withdrawals. After requesting a PIN, you can withdraw cash from ATMs at CIMB Bank Branches in Singapore, or at any ATMs that take Mastercard or Visa abroad. Just make sure you’re fully aware of the interest rates and fees when you take out cash with this card.
How to apply for the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
To begin your application for this card, simply head to CIMB Visa Signature’s website and click ‘apply now’. Before applying, you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documents close to hand.
- Be at least 21 years old or older.
- Have an annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PRs, or S$15,000 for those aged 55 years and above.
- If you do not meet the minimum income requirement, you can still apply for the card as long as you have a minimum of S$10,000 fixed deposit.
The documents that you may be asked for to complete your application include:
- A photocopy of your NRIC or passport.
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last 12 months or Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and CPF Contribution History Statement (for the past 12 months).
- For self-employed: Last 2 years’ income tax notice of assessment and bank statement (for the past 3 months).
- For commissioned or variable income earner: Last 2 years’ income tax notice of assessment or CPF statement (for the past 12 months).
- Phone or utility bill for proof of address.
If you’re after a credit card deal that rewards you as you spend on both everyday items and bigger travel purchases, then signing up for the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card could be a good option for you. Just be sure to compare it to a range of other reward cards so that you can find the right credit card for you.
Compare other credit cards in Singapore
More guides on Finder
Designed for large businesses that want to manage all their money from one place, Volopay offers virtual cards, expense management and transaction insights.
UOB Delight Credit Card Review
Get bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and household bills with the UOB Delight Credit Card.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
How long does it take to get a credit card?
Learn about the factors behind how long it takes for you to get a new credit card.
Best credit card hotel promotions 2022
Learn about how to reap the rewards of hotel promotions while using your credit card.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best petrol credit cards
How to compare credit cards with some of the leading savings for fuel.