CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card Review
Enjoy 10% cashback on everyday purchases and even score yourself a free return flight to one of 16 destinations in Asia with the CIMB Visa Signature credit card.
The CIMB Visa Signature may be best known for offering 10% cashback, but there’s a lot more to this popular card than its headline offer. One major perk is a range of travel benefits for those who often find themselves on the move. Let’s take a look at the full range of features, rates and fees in more detail below.
Benefits of using the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
The CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card offers both cost-saving features and rewards. Some of the main benefits of this card are:
- A return flight to one of 16 destinations in Asia. This is a time-limited offer for new cardholders of the CIMB Visa Signature card and includes taxes. To qualify, you’ll need to spend at least S$600 per month on your first three statements. Ends 29 February 2020.
- 10% cashback across multiple categories. Earn money back on your groceries, beauty and wellness products, pet shopping, vet services and cruises. This attractive cashback rate also covers all of your online shopping. To be eligible for the 10% cashback, cardholders need to spend at least S$800 per month.
- Unlimited 0.2% cashback. Get money back on all other retail spending, with no minimum spend or monthly cap.
- Interest-free repayments. By converting your travel and other big expenses to the CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan, you can get interest-free repayments over a period of up to 24 months.
- Complimentary travel insurance. You can get up to S$500,000 of travel accident cover if you charge your full travel fares to your CIMB Visa Signature card. You can also get protection for lost baggage and flight delays.
- Concierge services. This card offers useful advice on travel planning as well as gift ideas for loved ones. These and other benefits can be most easily accessed via the VisaConcierge app.
Features of the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
- There’s no annual fee to worry about. This benefit also applies for up to four supplementary cards for members of your family.
- Tap-and-ride on local transport. Avoid the hassle of carrying separate transit cards – and having to top them up – on bus and train rides in some countries.
- Cash withdrawals. After requesting a PIN, you can withdraw cash from ATMs at CIMB Bank Branches in Singapore, or at any ATMs that take Mastercard or Visa abroad. Just make sure you’re fully aware of the interest rates and fees when you take out cash with this card.
How to apply for the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
To begin your application for this card, simply click on the green “Go to site” button at the top of this page. Before applying, you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documents close to hand.
- Be at least 21 years old or older.
- Have an annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PRs, or S$15,000 for those aged 55 years and above.
The documents that you may be asked for to complete your application include:
- A photocopy of your NRIC or passport.
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last 12 months or Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and CPF Contribution History Statement (for the past 12 months).
- For self-employed: Last 2 years’ income tax notice of assessment and bank statement (for the past 3 months).
- For commissioned or variable income earner: Last 2 years’ income tax notice of assessment or CPF statement (for the past 12 months).
- Phone or utility bill for proof of address.
If you’re after a credit card deal that rewards you as you spend on both everyday items and bigger travel purchases, then signing up for the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card could be a good option for you. Just be sure to compare it to a range of other no annual fee and reward cards so that you can find the right credit card for you.