Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card Review
Enjoy 10% cashback on everyday purchases with the CIMB Visa Signature credit card.
The CIMB Visa Signature may be best known for offering 10% cashback, but there’s a lot more to this popular card than its headline offer. One major perk is a range of travel benefits for those who often find themselves on the move. Let’s take a look at the full range of features, rates and fees in more detail below.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Benefits of using the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
The CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card offers both cost-saving features and rewards. Some of the main benefits of this card are:
- 10% cashback across multiple categories. Earn money back on your groceries, beauty and wellness products, pet shopping, vet services and cruises. This attractive cashback rate also covers all of your online shopping. To be eligible for the 10% cashback (base 0.2% cashback plus 9.8% additional cashback), cardholders need to spend at least S$800 per month.
- Unlimited 0.2% cashback. Get money back on all other retail spending, with no minimum spend or monthly cap.
- Interest-free repayments. By converting your travel and other big expenses to the CIMB 0% i.Pay Plan, you can get interest-free repayments over a period of up to 24 months.
- Complimentary travel insurance. You can get up to S$500,000 of travel accident cover if you charge your full travel fares to your CIMB Visa Signature card. You can also get protection for lost baggage and flight delays.
- Concierge services. This card offers useful advice on travel planning as well as gift ideas for loved ones. These and other benefits can be most easily accessed via the VisaConcierge app.
Features of the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
- No annual fee. This card is free-for-life and the benefit also applies for up to four supplementary cards for members of your family.
- Tap-and-ride on local transport. Avoid the hassle of carrying separate transit cards – and having to top them up – on bus and train rides.
- Cash withdrawals. After requesting a PIN, you can withdraw cash from ATMs at CIMB Bank Branches in Singapore, or at any ATMs that take Mastercard or Visa abroad. Just make sure you’re fully aware of the interest rates and fees when you take out cash with this card.
How to apply for the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
To begin your application for this card, simply head to CIMB Visa Signature’s website and click ‘apply now’. Before applying, you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documents close to hand.
- Be at least 21 years old or older.
- Have an annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PRs, or S$15,000 for those aged 55 years and above.
- If you do not meet the minimum income requirement, you can still apply for the card as long as you have a minimum of S$10,000 fixed deposit.
The documents that you may be asked for to complete your application include:
- A photocopy of your NRIC or passport.
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last 12 months or Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and CPF Contribution History Statement (for the past 12 months).
- For self-employed: Last 2 years’ income tax notice of assessment and bank statement (for the past 3 months).
- For commissioned or variable income earner: Last 2 years’ income tax notice of assessment or CPF statement (for the past 12 months).
- Phone or utility bill for proof of address.
If you’re after a credit card deal that rewards you as you spend on both everyday items and bigger travel purchases, then signing up for the CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card could be a good option for you. Just be sure to compare it to a range of other reward cards so that you can find the right credit card for you.
Compare other credit cards in Singapore
More guides on Finder
Maybank Platinum Debit Card review
Cardholders can enjoy convenient day-to-day transactions and comes with a host of features with the Maybank Platinum Debit Card.
CIMB FastSaver Account review
The CIMB FastSaver account offers bonus tiered interest rates based on the size of your account balance, up to a maximum of $100,000.
BOC SmartSaver review
The BOC SmartSaver plan offers attractive bonus interest for MCS account holders through salary credit, card spend and more.
Standard Chartered JumpStart Account review
The Standard Chartered JumpStart account offers competitive interest rates and cashback on eligible debit card spend.
MCO Visa card review
The MCO Visa card is a mobile cryptocurrency wallet and prepaid card that allows you to hold, convert and spend crypto with ease.
OCBC 360 Review
Find out how you can maximise your savings with higher interest rates when you bank with OCBC 360 Account.
DBS Multiplier Review
Find out how you can unlock the highest interest rate offered by DBS Multiplier Account.
Rewards debit cards
With a reward debit card in your wallet, you can reap rewards benefits while using your own money.
Aspire Corporate Card Review
Learn more about the features offered by Aspire Corporate Card, a free virtual debit card linked to your Aspire business account.
Singapore debit cards for overseas travel
Make sure you have one of these debit cards before you travel overseas.