CIMB TravelEASE offers three tiers of travel insurance: Lite, Easy and Max. These plans cover a broad range of benefits from medical and travel inconvenience cover, to leisure-underwater activity and pregnancy-related cover. Read on to find out more about each of CIMB’s TravelEASE plans, and which plan suits you best.
What policies are available with CIMB travel insurance?
(excluding emergency medical
|Cancellation cover||Personal and baggage cover|
|CIMB TravelEASE Lite||Up to S$452,000||S$5,000||Up to S$1,000|
|CIMB TravelEASE Easy||Up to S$981,000||S$6,000||Up to S$4,000|
|CIMB TravelEASE Max||Up to S$1,966,500||S$15,000||Up to S$6,000|
Finder does not provide the products and services listed on its website (including insurance policies) to users. We do not assume any risk or undertake any liability under any insurance policies that we may provide information on.
There is no insurance agency relationship created between Finder and the user. We do not negotiate, service or effect insurance contracts on your behalf or on behalf of the insurer or insurance broker. We do not act as your agent.
CIMB TravelEASE Lite
This standard plan comes with the basic medical-related and travel inconvenience cover. Some examples of its benefits include personal-accident expenses, overseas medical expenses, and trip cancellation costs. However, in comparison to competitor low-tier travel insurance plans, TravelEASE Lite has a significantly lower extent of coverage. Some features that you’d expect from low-tier plans, but are absent in CIMB’s include overseas hospitalisation allowance, compassion-visit expense benefits, adventure sports cover and terrorism cover.
CIMB TravelEASE Easy
This is a higher-priced, higher-coverage version of the TravelEASE Lite plan.
CIMB TravelEASE Max
Besides covering everything mentioned in the lower-tier plans, TravelEASE Max goes above and beyond in providing all-encompassing insurance benefits. It outshines competitor high-tier plans due to the sheer array of categories its benefits cover, including recuperation costs due to accidental miscarriage, reconstructive surgery costs due to burns and even war cover.
What’s covered by CIMB TravelEASE policies?
|Cover Feature||CIMB TravelEASE Lite||CIMB TravelEASE Easy||CIMB TravelEASE Max|
|Personal belongings benefits|
|Trip cancellation cover|
|Personal accident cover|
(accidental death and disablement)
|Overseas medical expense cover*|
|Emergency medical evacuation|
|24/7 emergency travel support|
|TravelEASE Shopping Shield|
|Leisure underwater activities|
|Reconstructive surgeries due to burns|
|Recuperation allowance related to miscarriage|
*Does not include hospital cash, emergency medical evacuation, emergency phone charges and repatriation of mortal remains
Besides this, each of CIMB’s plans come with individual/family travel and single trip/annual multi-trip options. This allows you to better customise your desired insurance policy in order to save more! Besides this, you can choose extra coverage for your plans by purchasing CIMB’s optional top-up covers which include rental vehicle excess, home protection and pet care cover.
What won’t be covered by CIMB TravelEASE insurance?
- Claims for terminal illness
- Intentional self-inflicted injury or suicide
- Travel to a war zone
- Dental Treatment or surgery unless caused by an accident
- Participating, practicing, training or engaging in any sport which could provide earnings or receive remuneration
- Participating in mountaineering, ski-racing in major events, ski-jumping, ice hockey, the use of bobsleighs, riding or driving in races or rallies
- Sexually-transmitted diseases
- Mental health disorders
- Undeclared pre-existing conditions
- Items confiscated by customs officials
- Any form of false claim
CIMB’s TravelEASE plans are priced by four factors: your trip duration, destination, plan type and policy type.
- Trip duration: The longer your trip, the higher your plan’s price will be
- Destination: CIMB has created four chargeable zones — A (Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and more), B (South korea, Australia, Japan and more), C (Europe and USA), and D (others). Price increases alphabetically, so a trip in Europe, for example, will cost you more than a trip to Thailand.
- Plan Type: Single trip plans and annual multi-trip plans will have differing price points.
- Policy Type: Max plans are the most expensive, followed by TravelEASE Easy and Lite.
To see which price you could be charged, refer to CIMB’s travel brochure.
Pros and cons of CIMB TraveEase insurance
- Extensive coverage of medical and travel convenience
- Add-on features allow for greater customisability
- 24-hour emergency hotline
- Adventure cover available
- Terrorism cover available
- Interesting benefits that few other plans offer (miscarriage-related, burns-related and quarantine-related)
- On-going promotions: 45% off single-trip plans (till 31st March 2020)
- Lite plan offers significantly lower coverage than competitor brands at the same price point
- Bonus cover for extreme leisure sports requires an additional monetary top-up
How to sign up for CIMB TravelEASE travel insurance
Get an online quotation on CIMB’s website, fill up your personal details and make an immediate purchase! Alternatively, print out the TravelEASE brochure, fill it up with your particulars, place these documents with the BRE and simply drop off the sealed envelope in a postbox.
How to make a claim with CIMB
Visit Sompo’s TravelEase page, then complete the relevant sections. Attach all necessary supporting documents and submit your claim!
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for CIMB’s TravelEASE plan?
The insured must be a Singaporean, Permanent Resident, or Foreigner residing in Singapore with valid Employment Pass, Work Permit, Dependent Pass, Student Pass or Long Term Social Visit Pass.
Who qualifies for a Family plan?
Any (one or two) adults traveling with any number of children.
What are the durations acceptable for Single trip plans and Annual Multi-trip plans?
Single trip plans can be up to 182 days long, while Annual Multi-trip plans allow for up to 90 days per trip.
CIMB TravelEASE offers a good range of plans at different price points. Its Lite plan is not as competitive as other low-tier travel insurance policies and offers a low level of coverage. However, the Easy and Max plans offer plenty of coverage to suit your travel needs, including coverage for very specific expenses that most other plans currently do not offer!