Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
CIMB AWSM Card Review
Enjoy unlimited 1% cashback on select spend with this low income requirement credit card.
The CIMB AWSM Card is one of the few credit cards in Singapore that comes with a (comparatively) low age and annual income criteria. Designed for students and NSFs, this card is also an option for those earning less than $30,000 per annum.
With this credit card from CIMB, there’s no annual fee to worry about and, what’s more, you can earn unlimited 1% cashback on select spend categories and access special offers from both CIMB and Mastercard.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the CIMB AWSM Card.
Finder does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Benefits of using the CIMB AWSM Card
When you use the CIMB AWSM Card, you get to enjoy these key benefits:
- Unlimited 1% cashback on select categories. Earn 1% cashback on all your dining, entertainment, online shopping, and telecommunications expenses, with no earn cap or minimum spend.
- No annual fee. You won’t need to pay an annual fee for the life of the card.
- Transit ready with SimplyGo. With SimplyGo, you can pay for your transit fare conveniently by tapping your card, mobile or wearable payment (Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay) on the fare gantry.
Features of the CIMB AWSM Card
Here are some features you can take advantage of with this card:
- CIMB deals & discounts. Access CIMB’s exclusive network across 1,000 dining, retail and lifestyle partners in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Exclusive Mastercard privileges. Benefit from a curated list of local and global perks and privileges across travel, culinary, shopping, sports, entertainment, arts and culture for Mastercard cardholders.
- Must not be an existing CIMB credit cardmember
- Earn at least S$18,000 p.a. if you’re a salaried Singaporean or permanent resident; or $30,000 p.a if you’re aged 35 and above
- No minimum income requirement for student or NSF applicants.
- Be at least 21 years of age; or between 18 to 29 years old if you’re a student or NSF.
- Have a good credit rating.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the CIMB AWSM card, you can apply by completing an online application form on the card issuer’s website.
You may choose to have your personal and income details retrieved via MyInfo if you’re a SingPass holder, or manually input your information.
To ensure that your application runs smoothly, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary information ready:
Frequently asked questions
The CIMB AWSM Card offers students, NSFs, and low-income working adults a good opportunity to earn cashback in key categories at a respectable 1% rate. On top of that, it is the only no-annual-fee credit card that is available to salaried employees earning just $18,000 p.a.
As with all financial products, each comes with its own set of pros and cons, so make sure to compare your options carefully before applying.
Compare other credit cards in Singapore
More guides on Finder
Instarem Amaze review
Benefit from 1% cashback, low-cost FX payments and seamless expense management with the Instarem Amaze card.
Review: Celsius Network cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform
An in-depth review of one of the most popular lending and interest earning platforms in cryptocurrency.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
YouTrip vs Credit Card
Both prepaid cards and credit cards give you the option to shop with ease – here’s how they compare.
Best student debit cards
Enjoy convenient payments and a wide range of benefits with debit cards options that match the fast-paced lifestyles of students and young adults.
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Singapore and what your business stand to gain with the account and card.
UOB Delight Credit Card Review
Get bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and household bills with the UOB Delight Credit Card.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.