Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Hong Leong Group Car Insurance
Compare Hong Leong’s car insurance plan against offers from other leading car insurance providers in Singapore.
About the provider
Hong Leong (HL) is a member of Hong Leong Group – a conglomerate that deals with business and financial services, distribution, manufacturing, investments, and hospitality and leisure. The Hong Leong Financial Group is a leading provider of services throughout China, Vietnam, Hong Kong Malaysia and Singapore. Hong Leong is guided by core values that include quality, entrepreneurship, innovation, honour, human resource, unity, progress and social responsibility.
Hong Leong’s car insurance plans boast of many benefits that car owners in Singapore can enjoy upon approval of an application to help them enjoy driving without having to worry about damages and loss.
Why should I choose Hong Leong car insurance?
HL Assurance car insurance is otherwise known as the Car Protect 360. The benefits include:
- High medical coverage depending on your plan of choice
- Daily transport allowance if the repair of the damaged car takes more than three days
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Total coverage for your car, your family and you.
- Enjoy complimentary car works that give you vehicle good treatment for maximum efficiency.
What benefits does Hong Leong car insurance provide?
Featuring comprehensive coverage for your car, Car Protect360 protects you and your family from accidents and other car inconveniences for your complete peace of mind. You get complimentary car service once you sign up for a plan so your car is kept in tip-top shape and your trips always go as planned.
Hong Leong Assurance Car Insurance understands your need for comprehensive coverage and affordable premiums so it has created a product that offers just that. Car Protect360 helps minimize car insurance comparison by providing benefits such as a 25% discount whenever you bring your car to an authorized workshop or any workshop of your choice, depending on your plan. Other benefits include:
- Receive up to the market value of your vehicle at the time of loss or damage by fire, theft and other insured causes like a fallen object, strike, flood, and riot.
- Unlimited windscreen cover with a windscreen excess of $100
- Maximum repayment benefit of $5,000,000 damage to third party cover
- You or your passengers will receive medical coverage including the authorised driver for up to $1,000 each
- Personal accident benefits will be a maximum of $20,000 for the policyholder, $10,000 for authorised driver and $10,000 for passenger
- $50 daily transport allowance or up to $1,000
- HL car insurance also provides a maximum of $500 towing allowance after an accident and up to $300 worth of minor repairs.
How do I qualify for Hong Leong car insurance?
Here are requirements to qualify for Hong Leong car insurance:
- Applicant is a resident of Singapore
- Applicant should be the registered owner and driver of the vehicle
- The main driver should be driving with a license for at least two years and should between 27 to 65 years old
- Your car has never been modified beyond the specifications of the manufacturer
- You and other drivers should not have claimed for the last 3 years
- The car should not have been used for commercial purposes, rental, lease, hire or reward
- Your car’s previous insurance should not have been terminated, imposed or declined.
How do I make a claim?
To file an insurance claim, HL Group advises that drivers should not discuss liability with someone and should immediately call the police or ambulance for assistance. Call 6922 6009 for towing services and emergency assistance.
To initially facilitate a claim, kindly make sure that the following documents are submitted:
- Accident report
- Completed claims form for windscreen damages
- Police report
- Details of witness
- Specialists or medical reports in case of injury claims
- Invoices, receipts, and bills incurred for medical interventions and towing fees
- Other documents that support your claims including photographs or recorded videos.
What other products does Hong Leong offer?
Hong Leong’s wide range of financial products also include:
- Travel insurance. TravelProtect360 provides high medical overseas benefit, unlimited medical evacuation cover, rental car excess benefit and extensive travel inconvenience benefits. With HL travel insurance, you get peace of mind for global protection anytime and compensation for travel inconveniences like hotel accommodation, flight delays, baggage loss and flight cancellations
- Fire insurance. HL offers the Property Protect360 which covers private residential apartment, MCST, and HDB residential properties. External factors that allow coverage are explosion, flood, vehicle impact damage, smoke damage, riot, malicious damage and water discharged from leaking pipes, gutters, roofs and water systems
- Personal accident insurance. The Accident Protecct360 is aimed at providing affordable protection in times of personal accidents. Insured individuals can receive up to 5 benefits worth $250,000 and reimbursement of accidental medical expenses to a maximum of $1,000.
More guides on Finder
In this guide we take a look at some of the greenest cryptocurrencies and alternatives to Bitcoin, and explain how they work and where you can buy them.
Where to buy eyeliner online in Singapore 2021
Accentuate your eyes and come up with a new eye look with eyeliner from our list of retailers.
Where to buy eco-friendly packaging online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on pioneering eco-friendly packaging online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable straws online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on sustainable, reusable drinking straws online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy eyeshadow online in Singapore 2021
Top up your makeup kit and try out new looks with eye shadows from our list of retailers.
Where to buy reusable coffee cups online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee cups online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable diapers online in Hong Kong 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on reusable diapers for the little ones in your life online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable heat packs online in Singapore 2021
Shop for reusable heat packs online at any of these eight destinations and score a discount with a coupon code.
Where to buy reusable coffee pods online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable nespresso pods online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy mascara online in Singapore 2021
For a great range of mascaras, shop from these sellers and save with our discount and coupon codes.