Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Broadband bundles Singapore
Getting your broadband and home entertainment together could save you time and money.
If you’re in the market for broadband it could be beneficial to shop around and bundle your connection with a streaming platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, or other digital products. You’ll want to be sure that all such items are suited to your needs before you commit.
Read on to find out what you need to know about broadband bundles in Singapore.
What types of broadband bundles are there in Singapore?
Here are a couple of examples of broadband and entertainment deals on the market:
- Starhub HomeHub Plus. Get 1Gbps fibre broadband, a StarHub Entertainment Pass and a Standard subscription – including two devices – to Netflix. Subscribers get free installation and service activation for the Fibre Broadband plan, plus, free activation and a set-top box for StarHub TV. Also, you can take advantage of a free second Entertainment Pass for the duration of your contract. This package costs S$79.90 per month for a 24-month contract.
- Singtel. Enjoy 1Gbps fibre broadband and access to Singtel TV Family Pack channels for S$61.50 per month, for 24 months. You can add Netflix as a channel to Singtel TV and pay a total of $76.81 per month.
- MyRepublic. Take advantage of 1Gbps fibre broadband for $59.99 per month, for 24 months. In addition to competitive broadband speeds, the GAMER package offers a number of other perks, including a free ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Gaming WiFi router (worth S$559). Plus, a free home phone line with unlimited local calls.
Pros and cons – choosing a bundle
- One contract, fewer bills. It can be easier to manage, and pay for, your home fibre broadband plans and home entertainment as part of one deal
- You may be able to save money, especially if there are added extras or freebies. But do the sums as bundling may not always be cheaper
- Less flexibility. It’s likely you’ll have to sign up to a 24-month contract if you choose a bundle. There are a number of ‘no contract’ deals in the market today, so two years may be too long for some
What features should I look out for in a bundle?
- Free instillation and activation. The set-up costs of your service are typically included among the main broadband providers in Singapore. Also, check if a wireless router is included in your monthly fee and look out for any other costs or charges such as for registration.
- Security features. You’ll want to have peace of mind that your whole family is browsing safely. If you’re not sure a broadband package offers this, then it could be worth paying a few dollars a month extra to get tools which ensure you have good parental controls in place.
- 24/7 customer support. Having round-the-clock help could be invaluable if you have a query about your account, or need to speak with a technical advisor.
- Ease of use. Some consumers may prefer the simplicity of being able to switch to Netflix simply via a remote, rather than connecting through a Smart TV. Others will appreciate the ease of streaming content on-the-go by using an app on their smartphone.
- Complimentary insurance. You may be able to find home insurance, or another type of free cover, if you sign up to a broadband deal. Make sure you read the fine print of your policy to see if the cover you’re offered will be comprehensive enough for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Can I take advantage of broadband bundles if I’m an existing customer?
You should first check the expiry date of your contract in your broadband account. It’s often found on a provider’s website under ‘Manage my plan’ or ‘Manage my account’. How close to your contract’s expiry date you need to be for a new deal varies between providers. Typically you may be able to change terms around the 22nd month of your contract on a two-year deal – assuming you meet criteria, such as having no outstanding balance.
What broadband speeds do I need for gaming?
Generally speaking, you’ll need a minimum of 1Gbps for gaming. If you find the packages you’re comparing offer the same speeds, then you could keep an eye out for gaming bundles with special offers such as free accessories.
What will I need to have in place to get fibre broadband at home?
As a minimum you’ll need to ensure you have the required fibre infrastructure in your area, and the Termination Point (TP) is activated in your premises. Once you’ve activated your broadband, the way your home is set up – including the distance between the router and your devices – are among the factors in how seamlessly you’ll be able to use the Internet in your home.
Read more about broadband plans, prices and providers.
More guides on Finder
Find the best Singaporean mobile share trading apps (2021)
Compare share trading apps to find out which app has all the tools and resources you need to reach your investment goals.
Wedding Loans in Singapore
Discover the different loan options available to help you meet the cost of your big day.
How to buy Robinhood stock from Singapore
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Singapore.
How long does it take to get a personal loan?
Find out what affects the turnaround time of a personal loan and get tips on how to speed up the process.
Education Loans in Singapore (2021)
Find out the options you have to help meet the cost of your higher education.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.
Best credit cards for Grab rides
Learn how to save by using your credit card as you spend on Grab rides.
Credit cards for foreigners in Singapore
Compare credit cards for foreigners living in Singapore and learn what details you need to provide for your application.
Budget Direct Car Insurance
Compare between three main cover options and make the most of promotions that can reduce the cost of your premium.