Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Broadband bundles Singapore
Getting your broadband and home entertainment together could save you time and money.
If you’re in the market for broadband it could be beneficial to shop around and bundle your connection with a streaming platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, or other digital products. You’ll want to be sure that all such items are suited to your needs before you commit.
Read on to find out what you need to know about broadband bundles in Singapore.
What types of broadband bundles are there in Singapore?
Here are a couple of examples of broadband and entertainment deals on the market:
- Starhub HomeHub Plus. Get 1Gbps fibre broadband, a StarHub Entertainment Pass and a Standard subscription – including two devices – to Netflix. Subscribers get free installation and service activation for the Fibre Broadband plan, plus, free activation and a set-top box for StarHub TV. Also, you can take advantage of a free second Entertainment Pass for the duration of your contract. This package costs S$79.90 per month for a 24-month contract.
- Singtel. Enjoy 1Gbps fibre broadband and access to Singtel TV Family Pack channels for S$61.50 per month, for 24 months. You can add Netflix as a channel to Singtel TV and pay a total of $76.81 per month.
- MyRepublic. Take advantage of 1Gbps fibre broadband for $59.99 per month, for 24 months. In addition to competitive broadband speeds, the GAMER package offers a number of other perks, including a free ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Gaming WiFi router (worth S$559). Plus, a free home phone line with unlimited local calls.
Pros and cons – choosing a bundle
- One contract, fewer bills. It can be easier to manage, and pay for, your home fibre broadband plans and home entertainment as part of one deal
- You may be able to save money, especially if there are added extras or freebies. But do the sums as bundling may not always be cheaper
- Less flexibility. It’s likely you’ll have to sign up to a 24-month contract if you choose a bundle. There are a number of ‘no contract’ deals in the market today, so two years may be too long for some
What features should I look out for in a bundle?
- Free instillation and activation. The set-up costs of your service are typically included among the main broadband providers in Singapore. Also, check if a wireless router is included in your monthly fee and look out for any other costs or charges such as for registration.
- Security features. You’ll want to have peace of mind that your whole family is browsing safely. If you’re not sure a broadband package offers this, then it could be worth paying a few dollars a month extra to get tools which ensure you have good parental controls in place.
- 24/7 customer support. Having round-the-clock help could be invaluable if you have a query about your account, or need to speak with a technical advisor.
- Ease of use. Some consumers may prefer the simplicity of being able to switch to Netflix simply via a remote, rather than connecting through a Smart TV. Others will appreciate the ease of streaming content on-the-go by using an app on their smartphone.
- Complimentary insurance. You may be able to find home insurance, or another type of free cover, if you sign up to a broadband deal. Make sure you read the fine print of your policy to see if the cover you’re offered will be comprehensive enough for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Can I take advantage of broadband bundles if I’m an existing customer?
You should first check the expiry date of your contract in your broadband account. It’s often found on a provider’s website under ‘Manage my plan’ or ‘Manage my account’. How close to your contract’s expiry date you need to be for a new deal varies between providers. Typically you may be able to change terms around the 22nd month of your contract on a two-year deal – assuming you meet criteria, such as having no outstanding balance.
What broadband speeds do I need for gaming?
Generally speaking, you’ll need a minimum of 1Gbps for gaming. If you find the packages you’re comparing offer the same speeds, then you could keep an eye out for gaming bundles with special offers such as free accessories.
What will I need to have in place to get fibre broadband at home?
As a minimum you’ll need to ensure you have the required fibre infrastructure in your area, and the Termination Point (TP) is activated in your premises. Once you’ve activated your broadband, the way your home is set up – including the distance between the router and your devices – are among the factors in how seamlessly you’ll be able to use the Internet in your home.
Read more about broadband plans, prices and providers.
More guides on Finder
UOB One Account Review
Find out what you need to do to unlock the highest interest rate offered by UOB One Account.
UOB Uniplus Savings Account review
The UOB Uniplus Savings account is ideal for everyday transactional banking. Find out if it suits your needs and apply securely.
Where to buy sulphate free shampoo in Singapore
Sulphate free shampoos will have your hair looking sleek and shiny, and you are helping your health and the enviornment.
Best* savings accounts for expats and residents on a temporary visa
Expats can open savings accounts in Singapore easily. Here’s all the information you need to get started.
Foreign currency fixed deposit in Singapore
Discover the in-and-outs of foreign currency fixed deposit accounts and whether this type of investment is suitable for you.
OCBC 360 Review
Find out how you can maximise your savings with higher interest rates when you bank with OCBC 360 Account.
DBS Multiplier Review
Find out how you can unlock the highest interest rate offered by DBS Multiplier Account.
Interest earned on savings accounts
We’ve researched how long it will take you to buy different items, such as a movie ticket or a home deposit, using only the interest on your savings. Spoiler alert: you could be waiting a while.
NAS drive buying guide
If you’re shopping for a NAS drive but don’t know where to start, this buyer’s guide will help you compare NAS drive features, specs and prices.
Compare multi-cookers: How to find the best multi-cooker
If you’re searching for an all-in-one appliance that can help you prepare a wide range of meals, this guide will help you find the best multi-cooker for your needs.