BOC Zaobao Credit Card Review
Get cash rebates, petrol savings and much more when you sign up for the BOC Zaobao Credit Card
The BOC Zaobao Credit Card is packed with features and benefits that help you save and get rewarded as you spend. As well as rebates for purchases like newspaper subscriptions and online shopping, you can save on petrol at four different service stations in Singapore. When travelling abroad you’ll have access to a concierge service, and you’ll even earn more rewards points than you can at home for overseas transactions.
There are not many cards around that give you more than a year annual fee waiver, but with the Zaobao Credit Card from BOC, you’ll get two. Read on to find out more about what this card has to offer.
Benefits of using BOC Zaobao Credit Card
- Annual fee waiver. Annual fees are waived for two years for both the principal card and supplementary cards.
- Concierge service. Access to a 24/7 global concierge if you need help with tickets, reservations or emergency assistance.
- Petrol savings. When you fill up at Shell, SPC, Sinopec or Caltex you’ll enjoy discounts on your petrol.
- Cash rebates. Cash rebates are offered when you shop online, for dining, department stores, at Buzz, MCST fees and for your SPH newspaper subscription. Rebates are given when you meet a minimum spend each month on your card.
- Bonus cash rebate. Charge at least S$2,000 each month of retail transactions and get a bonus 1% for what you spend over S$2,000.
- Double rewards. Earn double reward points when you use your card overseas.
Features of the BOC Zaobao Credit Card
- Annual fee. Yearly fees for the principal card are S$203.30, and there is a charge of S$101.65 p.a. for supplementary cardholders.
- Earn reward points. For every S$1 you spend locally you’ll receive 1 BOC Reward Point. For overseas spend you’ll earn 2 BOC Reward Points except for RMB transactions. Points can be redeemed for items or vouchers from the BOC Rewards Programme.
- No currency exchange fees. For retail transactions in RMB, currency exchange fees are waived.
- UnionPay QuickPass. Cashless and convenient shopping experiences.
How to apply for the BOC Zaobao Credit Card?
If you’ve decided that you would like to apply for the BOC Zaobao Credit Card, you can click the green ‘Go to site’ button at the top of the page to be taken to the BOC website. Hit the ‘Apply now’ button from there and follow the prompts. Singaporeans and permanent residents can use MyInfo to complete their application online. If you aren’t able to use MyInfo then you’ll need to send an SMS to BOC, after which you’ll be contacted within five business days. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
- Principal cardholder must be 21 years or older
- An income of at least S$30,000 for Singapore citizens and PR, S$60,000 for foreigners