Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard Review
With endless rewards and accelerated miles, the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard is the card for savvy travellers.
With more points earned when spending abroad compared to at home, the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard makes stacking up points easier for frequent travellers. Besides exclusive concierge services and lounge access, you can take advantage of BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard privileges and redeem your points for rewards or air miles.
Benefits of using the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard
- Concierge services. Take advantage of a 24/7 concierge service for referrals and reservations.
- World Mastercard privileges. Enjoy exclusive benefits related to travel, entertainment, shopping, dining, sports, arts and even insurance premiums. This makes the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard a great card for discounts on everyday expenditure.
- Flexible benefits. Enjoy no minimum spend requirements and no cap on redeemable points.
Drawbacks to take note of
- High fees that could add up. The BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard comes with an annual fee of $203.3, which is slightly more expensive than other miles cards on the market. Additionally, after a 23-day interest-free period, an interest fee of 28.88% applies. Late payment fees stand at 5% (minimum $100) and minimum monthly repayment costs at 3% (minimum $50). Foreign check fees, cash advance fees and over-limit fees may also apply.
- Limited luxury perks. This card is great for maximising miles, but is limited in offering luxurious perks like golf benefits, fine-dining discounts or complimentary hotel stays. Rather, it is a no-frill card for travellers to accumulate travel miles as quickly as possible.
- No automatic miles redemption. Automatic miles redemption is unavailable, so this does require some effort on the user’s part.
- No bonus miles. Unlike its competitor miles cards, this travel card does not offer bonus miles perks.
How to redeem your miles with BOC
- Points may be redeemed in blocks of 30,000 points for 10,000 Krisflyer miles or 18,000 points for 6,000 Asia miles.
- A $30 charge is levied for each batch of conversions.
- Extra points may be used on BOC rewards, vouchers, and fee waiver perks.
- Do note that all extra points expire in 1 year, while miles expire according to your respective frequent flyer program’s stipulation.
How to apply for the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard
If you’ve decided to apply for the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard, you should go ahead and apply directly on BOC’s website. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
- Be 21 years or older
- Hold an income of at least $30,000 (Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents) or $60,000 (foreigners)