Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard Review
With endless rewards and accelerated miles, the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard is the card for savvy travellers.
With more points earned when spending abroad compared to at home, the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard makes stacking up points easier for frequent travellers. Besides exclusive concierge services and lounge access, you can take advantage of BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard privileges and redeem your points for rewards or air miles.
Benefits of using the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard
- Concierge services. Take advantage of a 24/7 concierge service for referrals and reservations.
- World Mastercard privileges. Enjoy exclusive benefits related to travel, entertainment, shopping, dining, sports, arts and even insurance premiums. This makes the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard a great card for discounts on everyday expenditure.
- Flexible benefits. Enjoy no minimum spend requirements and no cap on redeemable points.
- High fees that could add up. The BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard comes with an annual fee of $203.3, which is slightly more expensive than other miles cards on the market. Additionally, after a 23-day interest-free period, an interest fee of 28.88% applies. Late payment fees stand at 5% (minimum $100) and minimum monthly repayment costs at 3% (minimum $50). Foreign check fees, cash advance fees and over-limit fees may also apply.
- Limited luxury perks. This card is great for maximising miles, but is limited in offering luxurious perks like golf benefits, fine-dining discounts or complimentary hotel stays. Rather, it is a no-frill card for travellers to accumulate travel miles as quickly as possible.
- No automatic miles redemption. Automatic miles redemption is unavailable, so this does require some effort on the user’s part.
- No bonus miles. Unlike its competitor miles cards, this travel card does not offer bonus miles perks.
- Points may be redeemed in blocks of 30,000 points for 10,000 Krisflyer miles or 18,000 points for 6,000 Asia miles.
- A $30 charge is levied for each batch of conversions.
- Extra points may be used on BOC rewards, vouchers, and fee waiver perks.
- Do note that all extra points expire in 1 year, while miles expire according to your respective frequent flyer program’s stipulation.
- Be 21 years or older
- Hold an income of at least $30,000 (Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents) or $60,000 (foreigners)
Drawbacks to take note of
How to redeem your miles with BOC
How to apply for the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard
If you’ve decided to apply for the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard, you should go ahead and apply directly on BOC’s website. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
More guides on Finder
Instarem Amaze review
Benefit from 1% cashback, low-cost FX payments and seamless expense management with the Instarem Amaze card.
Find the best trading platforms in Singapore (2021)
Compare stock trading apps to find out which app has all the tools and resources you need to reach your investment goals.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.
Best credit cards for online shopping
Whether you’re looking to save on interest costs, earn reward points or need peace of mind that purchases are secure, we’re here to help you compare the best credit cards for online shopping.
Best credit cards for big purchases
When it comes to big-ticket items, here’s how a credit card could work for you.
Best credit cards for wedding expenses in 2021
Find the right credit card for funding your wedding, including unlimited cashback, rewards and low-interest cards.
Best Shopping Credit Cards
Discover the benefits you can get in-store and online with a shopping credit card.