BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card
A Platinum Mastercard with discounts, ticket giveaways and more.
The BOC Chinese Cultural Debit card is a Platinum Mastercard that lets you enjoy discounts and benefits for performances and workshops organised by the China Cultural Centre in Singapore. You’ll also enjoy easy access to global withdrawals and transactions with no transaction fee for withdrawal via more than 24,000 BOC ATMs in China’s Mainland. Even though this is a debit card, you still get to earn 0.1% cash rebate with a minimum spend of S$100 per month for purchases in Singapore and overseas.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card.
Minimum Initial Deposit
|Product Name||BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card|
|Rewards||Free access to over 17,000 books in the library of China Cultural Centre.|
10% Off performance tickets
0.1% Cash rebate with a spend of S$100
|Mobile payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay|
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
The BOC Chinese Cultural Card is worth considering if you enjoy Chinese culture and would like to enjoy discounts and free tickets to events held at the China Cultural Centre. It makes a good basic debit card that gives you cash rebates when you spend with the card as well. This card has benefits whether you are in Singapore or overseas and it’s nice that there is no annual fee to worry about. Whether or not this card is suited to you will depend on your needs, lifestyle and the way you like to spend. There are many cards out there to choose from, so make sure to compare your options to find the right card that is right for you.
Features of the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card
- Enjoy free access to the library services in the China Cultural Centre in Singapore
- Enjoy up to 10% off tickets for performances held at the China Cultural Centre
- Cardholders will have a chance to receive free tickets to activities and performances
- Enjoy up to 10% discount off workshops organised by China Cultural Centre
- Cash rebates are offered when you shop using the card in Singapore or overseas. Simply spend a minimum of $100 a month to qualify. The maximum rebate is capped at $10 per calendar month.
- No annual fees to pay.
- Withdraw cash at any atm overseas bearing “Mastercard” logo.
- No transaction fee for withdrawal via more than 24,000 BOC ATMs in China’s Mainland. Doubles up as a “contactless” card that you can use to pay for your bus and train rides
- Enjoy fuss-free contactless payment using Mastercard PayPass
Costs and limits of the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card
- No annual fee
- The maximum rebate is capped at $10 per calendar month
- A $20 deposit is required at the library of the Chinese Cultural Centre once you activate your card for library services
How to apply for the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card
You can apply for the BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card at any BOC branch in Singapore. Make sure you have the required documents to hand before you visit a branch.
- Principal cardholder must be 16 years old
- Applicants must hold an SGD savings account, SGD current account or Multi-Currency Savings account (with SGD sub-account)
- Application is open to Singapore citizens, permanent residents, foreigners who hold employment pass, work permit or student pass with valid ID and Passport.
- For Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident, please bring your NRIC.
- For Foreigners, please bring your valid travel documents, pass and proof of address.
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.