Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best credit cards for Grab rides
Here's how to compare credit cards offering rewards as you spend with Grab.
Grab offers a range of services, including ride-hailing and food delivery across the country. Read on to compare credit cards that offer rewards on Grab spending. Plus, see how easy it is to link your card and enjoy the services of the Singapore-based company.
Compare credit cards with Grab offers
Who is Grab?
Grab is a company that offers a number of services based around transport. Primarily it’s a ride-hailing service that allows users to book, track and pay for transport. You can book a taxi, a shared lift or even hire your own vehicle through Grab. All bookings can be made from a mobile device.
Grab also offers a food delivery service via the mobile app that lets you order from a wide selection of cafes and restaurants. Plus, the company offers a grocery delivery service.
Many people rely on Grab every day, yet may not be aware that they could be earning extra credit card rewards while doing so.
How do Grab credit card promotions work?
There are three main ways in which grab credit card promotions work:
- Cashback. Credit cards can offer you cashback on your Grab expenses. These rewards are typically calculated as a percentage of spend. Credit cards may offer “bonus cashback” when you use Grab. This means you’ll accumulate savings at a higher rate with Grab spend than with other spending. Be sure to check the terms and conditions of your card to find out whether there are any caps on cashback rewards.
- Accelerated points. Some credit cards will offer you accelerated points earning on Grab spend. For example, you may have a rewards credit card that regularly offers you one reward point for every S$1 spent, but offers you 2 rewards points for every S$1 of Grab spend. If you’re a regular Grab user, this can be a great way to quickly accumulate rewards points.
- Accelerated miles. If you’re a frequent flyer or saving for your next holiday, you may want to consider a credit card reward that offers accelerated air miles earning. This means that every time you spend with Grab, you’ll earn air miles at a higher rate. If you regularly catch Grab rides or use Grab to order dinner a couple of nights a week, you could quickly accumulate enough air miles for a trip overseas.
How to choose the best credit card for Grab spending
When choosing a credit card that offers rewards on Grab spend, be sure to consider:
- Grab privileges. By shopping around, you could find a host of Grab credit card promos. For example, using the UOB One Credit Card can bag you up to 10% on all Grab transactions. If you can find a credit card that offers a high rate of cashback as a welcome offer, grab it while you can.
- Minimum spend requirements. Some rewards only kick in if you reach a minimum monthly spend. If you want to maximise your rewards, be sure to choose a card that has no minimum monthly spend requirements or a threshold that you know you’ll be able to meet. One great card here is the Citi Rewards Card, which also lets you earn on rides with ComfortDelGro and Gojek.
- Card fees. When looking for a credit card it’s best to check for any sign-up fees, annual fees, late payment fees and cash advancement charges. Even no-fee credit cards are likely to have some charges, even if it is only the interest rate charges on overdue balances. Always read the terms and conditions associated with a credit card before signing up.
- Rewards. Find a rewards scheme that works for you. Knowing that you’ll use Grab often is only the first step. To truly maximise your rewards you should find a credit card rewards system that you can maximise. If you’re a frequent flyer, look for a credit card with an air miles program; if you’re just trying to lower your bottom line, cashback cards may be your best option.
- Features. Credit card features may include compatibility with mobile payment systems, access to ATMs abroad or the ability to link multiple supplementary cards to a primary account. If you’re after a particular credit card feature, be sure to shop around to find a bank and card that offer it.
- Security. Most credit cards have inbuilt mechanisms that provide security and protect against fraud. Extra layers of protection, such as one-time passwords, SMS verification and transaction notifications can be available. If you find one of these additional safeguards to be a necessity, double-check that the card you’re eyeing provides it.
How to link a credit card to Grab
Linking your chosen credit card to Grab is a very simple process. You’ll have to:
- Download the Grab app
- Select “GrabPay” from the menu
- Select “Add payment method”
- Choose credit card (or debit card if preferred)
- Enter your card details and click “save”.
Once you have linked your card to the Grab app you can begin booking car rides or other orders. Grab also offers “GrabPay credits” which are prepaid and can be shared between users.
Grab offers a range of convenient services, from ride-hailing to food delivery. If you find yourself using Grab regularly, a credit card that offers rewards on Grab spend could save you money. If you’re ready to find a Grab credit card promo, start comparing your options today.Back to top
Questions you still might have
Am I eligible for a credit card with Grab rewards?
Credit cards all have individual eligibility criteria, determined by the bank. Most Singaporean credit cards require applicants to be over the age of 21 and have a healthy credit history. Grab rewards can be found on a range of credit cards, some with minimum income requirements of only S$30,000 at the lower end of the spectrum.
How much can I save with a Grab credit card reward?
Savings are typically calculated as a percentage of spend – for example, 8% cashback on your fare when you order a taxi through Grab. It’s best to be wary of caps or limits when it comes to cashback promotions. If you order S$100 worth of food for yourself and your friends through Grab, you might expect to see S$8 cashback. but if the cap on this promotion is S$4, your savings will only be S$4, not the expected S$8.
Is GrabPay safe?
Grab uses a fraud detection engine to ensure that all your transactions with Grab are safe. Your credit card should also have inbuilt safety mechanisms to protect against fraud and unusual transactions.
Aside from Grab credit card promotions, what other perks are available to me?
Grab regularly offers sign-up benefits to new and existing customers. In the past, this has included giving customers S$10 off their first two rides by opting to go ‘cashless’.Back to top
Image: Grab Singapore
More guides on Finder
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.
Best credit cards for online shopping
Whether you’re looking to save on interest costs, earn reward points or need peace of mind that purchases are secure, we’re here to help you compare the best credit cards for online shopping.
Best credit cards for big purchases
When it comes to big-ticket items, here’s how a credit card could work for you.
The best credit card for insurance payments
Learn how to choose the best credit cards for paying insurance premiums and apply securely.
Best credit cards for wedding expenses in 2022
Find the right credit card for funding your wedding, including unlimited cashback, rewards and low-interest cards.
Best credit card buffet promotions in 2022
Find the latest dining promos at hotels and restaurants around Singapore.
Best Shopping Credit Cards
Discover the benefits you can get in-store and online with a shopping credit card.
Best cashback credit cards with no minimum spend
Find out how to choose the best cashback credit card that doesn’t have any minimum spend requirement.
The best EZ-Link credit cards
Learn how you can save time and money from your daily commute with the right EZ-Link credit card.