Aspire Corporate Card Review
Enjoy the lowest FX rates and earn up to 1% cashback on your digital spend with this card.
The Aspire Corporate Card is an affordable SME option for tech-forward start-ups with sizable marketing budgets —offering an attractive 1% cashback on all online marketing and SaaS expenses with qualifying vendors.
Find out more about the Aspire Corporate Card in our review.
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
How does the Aspire Corporate Card work
The Aspire Corporate Card is a free virtual debit card linked to an Aspire Business Account. Cardholders can take advantage of 0.7% FX fees and earn up to 1% cashback on digital spends (online marketing and SaaS) at qualifying merchants including Facebook, Google, Hubspot, and Slack.
Can your business open an Aspire business account?
You can open an Aspire business account if:
- Your company is incorporated in Singapore
- Your business activities fall within Aspire’s Acceptable Use Policy (not in violation of any law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation)
If you’re unsure about your company’s eligibility or have any enquires, you may contact Aspire by sending a support ticket on its website or call +65 3165 1500 (available from Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 6.30 pm)
Key features of the Aspire Corporate Card
- Up to 1% cashback on digital spend. Earn up to 1% cashback on select online marketing and SaaS with a minimum of S$5,000 category spend per month
- No annual fee. Take advantage of all card perks without having to pay an annual fee. There’s also no minimum spending required for this card.
- Advanced fraud protection. The card is equipped with measures to help safeguard your card and PIN from any unauthorised transactions.
- Foreign exchange fees. Transact in over 40+ currencies at the visa exchange rate with a low, transparent fee of 0.7%. Aspire also indicated on their website that transacting with its card can be up to 5 times cheaper than transferring through banks.
- Real-time notifications. Keep track of your business spending with real-time notifications on the go.
- Eligible for Google Pay (Apple Pay Coming soon). Add your Aspire Corporate Card to Google Pay for the added convenience of tap-and-go payments.
Which are the vendors that qualify for cashback rewards?
Only eligible online marketing and SaaS transactions from the following merchants will qualify for cashback:
Fees and limits
Opening an Aspire Business Account is free and comes with S$0 monthly fee. Local transfers via FAST and setting up standing instructions are also complimentary.
However, there are some nominal charges to take note of:
- International transfers. Outbound transfers cost a low, transparent fee on top of the mid-market exchange rate. For inbound transfers, the exchange rate will be based on the Reuters buy rate, plus a 0.5% fee.
- Overseas card transactions. Visa exchange rate + 0.7% fee
Pros and cons
- Zero fees. Getting started with Aspire is completely free.
- 1% cashback on eligible spend. Earn 1% cashback on all online marketing and SaaS spends charged to your Aspire virtual cards.
- Low FX fees. Enjoy lower fees on all foreign currency spending with Aspire – Visa exchange rate + a flat 0.7% fee.
- Real-time spend notifications. Keep track of all your expenses with real-time spending notifications through the Aspire app.
- Unlimited virtual corporate cards. You may generate as many Aspire virtual cards as you need for you and your team.
- No physical card. Currently, the Aspire Card is only available as a virtual card.
- Limited eligible categories for cashback. Cashback is only limited to online marketing and SaaS spends.
- No travel-oriented perks. Aspire does not offer any travel perks and may not be ideal if you or your employees need to travel frequently.
How to apply
To apply for the Aspire Card, you’ll need to sign up for an Aspire business account. The registration process typically takes around 5 minutes and accounts are approved within 2 working hours. Once you’ll successfully created the account, you’ll receive your virtual Aspire card immediately.
Before applying, make sure that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand:
To open an Aspire Business Account, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- ACRA-registered business
- Have a corporate bank account that is active for at least 6 months
- Applicant’s personal information and contact number
- Business Registration Number (UEN)
- Latest 3 months’ corporate bank statements
- Credit Bureau Singapore (CBS) report. If you don’t have it, you may purchase it for S$6.42 (inclusive of GST) from CBS’ website.
What’s more, if you integrate your Lazada, Shopify, Shopee, Xero or Quickbooks account when registering for an AspireAccount, you’ll be required to upload even fewer documents, and will see your approval timing shortened dramatically.
If your business requires substantial digital advertising budgets, the Aspire Corporate Card may be ideal for you. With no annual fees or minimum spend, this card is free to use and give back up to 1% of your online marketing and SaaS expenditure. In addition, Aspire’s low foreign transaction fees of 0.7% makes it a competitive option over other similar corporate cards in the market, which can be as high as 3.25%.
However, do note that expenses in other categories outside digital spend will not be eligible for any cashback rewards. So if your company don’t have a strong focus on online services, you may want to compare other business cards and find one that suits your needs.
Compare a range of business bank accounts and cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.