Earn as you spend with the American Express True Cashback Card.
For a straight-forward way to get something back on your credit card spend, consider the American Express True Cashback card. The 1.5% cashback rate is uncapped and applies to almost all the transactions you make with your American Express card. You don’t need to do anything to claim your cashback – American Express simply credits your account statement every month, making this card ideal if you’re looking for fuss-free rewards.
|Product Name||American Express True Cashback Card|
|Reward||1.5% cashback on all purchases with no minimum spend and no cap|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 22 days|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to 4X of monthly income|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Go to site|
It’s always a good idea to try and get some type of reward on the payments you make with your credit card. Cashback can be the easiest way to do so and the American Express True Cashback card makes it especially easy.
This card currently offers a 3% cashback as an introductory bonus offer when you charge S$5,000 in the first 6 months on your card. All other transactions earn you 1.5% cashback. Your card includes additional benefits such as dining privileges with the American Express Selects, 24-hour customer care and global assistance.
Benefits of the American Express True Cashback credit card
- Straight-forward cashback. 1.5% cashback with no limits on the total amount of cashback with the American Express True Cashback card, with cashback automatically credited to your account.
- Welcome offer. Receive 3% Cashback bonus and up to S$150 Cashback upon S$5,000 spend in the first six months.
- Cashback Bonus. Earn S$150 as an introductory cashback bonus when you spend S$5,000 in the first 6 months upon card approval.
- Dining benefits. With the American Express True Cashback card, you get access to American Express Selects, giving you special discounts and benefits at dining establishments around the world.
- Sign-up bonus. Receive S$150 cashback when you spend S$5,000 in the first six months and 1.5% cashback on succeeding purchases (no minimum spend or earn cap).
- Cashback Foreign Currency Spend. Get 2.5% cashback on foreign currency spend. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 June 2020.
- Supplementary card offer.Receive S$20 worth of CapitaVouchers for each approved supplementary card, up to the first two supplementary cards only.
Features of the American Express True Cashback credit card
Your card comes with all the usual American Express credit card features including extensive protection against fraud and a customer-friendly, 24/7 care line to answer your questions. Here are further details of this card’s features:
- Annual fee. Your first year’s card membership will be free, but following years will be subject to a S$171.20 (inclusive of GST) annual fee.
- No cap on cashback. Apply for the card and rest assured that you won’t face a cashback limit; you can earn cashback on all of your transactions.
- American Express Global Assist. Help is just a phone call away wherever you are travelling in the world. American Express will offer you personal advice over the phone, whether you need to speak to a doctor, lawyer or other professional.
- Travel inconvenience and travel accident insurance. The card carries a travel insurance benefit that may provide cover if your travel arrangements are unexpectedly disrupted, or if you are in an accident while travelling.
- Mobile Payments. Conveniently pay with your phone through Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay when you hold an American Express True Cashback credit card.
If you’re looking for a fuss-free rewards card and find the cashback rate on this card warrants the annual fee, proceed with an application by clicking on the green “Go to Site” button. You need to meet the following criteria to apply:
- Minimum 21 years of age for Principal and 18 for Supplementary cardholder
- There is an income requirement of S$30,000 for Singapore citizens and permanent residents, S$60,000 for expatriates
- Credit record must be free of defaults or bankruptcies
- Your identification, including Singapore ID or a passport
- Full income and employment details
- Proof of your current residential address
Everyone likes to get something back when using a credit card, but a complicated rewards scheme is not always ideal. This cashback card is an easy way to enjoy credit card rewards.