It’s always a good idea to try and get some type of reward on the payments you make with your credit card. Cashback can be the easiest way to do so and the American Express True Cashback Card makes it especially easy.
This card currently offers a 3% cashback as an introductory bonus offer upon S$5,000 spend in the first six months on your card. All other transactions earn you 1.5% cashback. Your card includes additional benefits such as dining privileges with the American Express Selects, 24-hour customer care and global assistance.
- Welcome offer. Receive 3% cashback as an introductory bonus offer upon S$5,000 spend in the first six months
- CapitaVoucher. New members can get up to S$120 CapitaVoucher upon S$500 spend within first month of membership when they apply via MyInfo. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 Sep 2021.
- Cashback bonus. Earn 1.5% after your welcome bonus cashback with no minimum spend and no earn cap.
- Dining benefits. With the American Express True Cashback Card, you get access to American Express Selects, giving you special discounts and benefits at dining establishments around the world.
- Sign-up bonus. Receive S$150 cashback when you spend S$5,000 in the first six months. T&Cs apply.
- S$20 CapitaVouchers. Receive S$20 CapitaVouchers upon first spend when you prefill up to 50% of the application form with MyInfo. T&Cs apply. Valid until 30 Sep 2021.
Your card comes with all the usual American Express credit card features including extensive protection against fraud and a customer-friendly, 24/7 care line to answer your questions. Here are further details of this card’s features:
- Annual fee. Your first year’s card membership will be free, but following years will be subject to a S$171.20 (inclusive of GST) annual fee.
- No cap on cashback. Apply for the card and rest assured that you won’t face a cashback limit; you can earn cashback on all of your transactions.
- American Express Global Assist. Help is just a phone call away wherever you are travelling in the world. American Express will offer you personal advice over the phone, whether you need to speak to a doctor, lawyer or other professional.
- Travel inconvenience and travel accident insurance. The card carries a travel insurance benefit that may provide cover if your travel arrangements are unexpectedly disrupted, or if you are in an accident while travelling.
- Mobile Payments. Conveniently pay with your phone through Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Amex Pay when you hold an American Express True Cashback credit card.
You need to meet the following criteria to apply:
- Minimum 21 years of age for Principal and 18 for Supplementary cardholder
- There is an income requirement of S$30,000 for Singapore citizens and permanent residents, S$60,000 for expatriates
- Credit record must be free of defaults or bankruptcies
- Your identification, including Singapore ID or a passport
- Full income and employment details
- Proof of your current residential address
Everyone likes to get something back when using a credit card, but a complicated rewards scheme is not always ideal. This cashback card is an easy way to enjoy credit card rewards.