For a fast way to grow your KrisFlyer balance, consider the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card which rewards you with KrisFlyer miles for almost all your everyday spend.
American Express has teamed up with Singapore Airlines to provide a miles-earning credit card product that offers bonus earnings for foreign spend and high earning rates when you pay for Grab rides.
Cardholders additionally receive 1.1 KrisFlyer miles on every dollar you spend.
|Product Name||American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card|
|Reward||Get up to 1.1 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 22 days|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to 4X of monthly income|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Go to site|
Earning airline miles is one of the most popular ways to enjoy credit card reward benefits and the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer card features a solid earnings rate, from 1.1 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 of eligible spend and up to 3.1 KrisFlyer miles when you pay for Grab rides for up to S$200 per month. The miles you earn are conveniently credited directly to your KrisFlyer account.
The card features a decent welcome and sign-up bonus crediting you with up to 5,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles when you charge your card the first time. Currently, you also get S$150 cashback for use at singaporeair.com when you spend a minimum of S$12,000 till 30 June 2020.
Your KrisFlyer card from AMEX also features Complimentary Travel Accident and Inconvenience benefits up to S$350,000. All you have to do is to charge your travel tickets with your card plus you get to enjoy a range of other travel perks and discounts.
Benefits of the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card
- Earn KrisFlyer miles every time you pay. Use your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card and top up your KrisFlyer account with 1.1 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 of eligible spend, which includes most transactions. The earnings rate goes up to 2 miles per S$1 of foreign spend in June and December, and 3.1 miles per S$1 of spend at Grab rides up to S$200 per month.
- Introductory bonus points offer. Earn 5,000 KrisFlyer bonus miles the very first time you charge to your card.
- Spend bonus. Earn 7,500 KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$5,000 within the first three months and an additional 7,500 KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$5,000 during the fourth to sixth month of card membership. You’ll also receive an additional 11,000 KrisFlyer miles based on 1.1 KrisFlyer per S$1 spent locally. (Valid on applications received and approved by 30 September 2019).
- Complimentary travel insurance. Complimentary Travel Accident and Inconvenience benefits up to S$350,000 when you charge your travel tickets on your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card.
- Discounted Wi-Fi router. Enjoy portable Wi-Fi router rentals at a reduced rate of S$4.65 per day courtesy of Changi Recommends.
- Special privileges at Hertz. Your card comes with complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership which includes 10% savings on published car rental rates, a one class upgrade under certain conditions and a waiver of additional driver fees.
- American Express Selects. Pay up to 50% less at restaurants throughout Singapore and the rest of the world, thanks to American Express Selects.
Features of the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card
Consider this card if you frequently travel. You can redeem the KrisFlyer miles you accumulate for flights and upgrades on flights you’ve already booked. This is what you can expect from the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card:
- Annual fee. You’ll be billed S$176.55 (inclusive of GST) as an annual fee every year, but the first year’s fee will be waived.
- Earn miles on all spend. Almost every transaction you make with this card will earn KrisFlyer miles.
- Miles automatically credited. No need to swap your rewards balance for miles – American Express automatically credits your KrisFlyer account as you spend.
- Interest-free period. Pay no interest on purchases for up to days when you use your card.
- Fraud protection. American Express guarantees that you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised use of your credit card, whether on the Internet or in-store.
It’s quick and easy to apply for an American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer card, but check the following criteria first:
- Singapore Citizens and Residents are eligible if they earn S$30,000 p.a. or over.
- For Expatriates, minimum income requirement should be S$60,000 p.a. or over.
- Minimum age: 21
- A default-free credit record.
- Personal identification such as passport or ID card
- Employment details, including your income
- Evidence of your current residential address
After you’ve completed the secure application form, American Express will request that you upload supporting documents via the upload portal.
This card could be a good choice if you make extensive use of airline miles as it directly credits your rewards into a KrisFlyer account, while also offering a decent rewards earning rate.