Earn more miles every time you spend with the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card.
Currently, you can earn 15,000 KrisFlyer miles on your first use of the card, and a further 15,000 KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$10,000 in your first 3 months of card membership.
Additionally receive 24,000 KrisFlyer miles based on 1.2 KrisFlyer miles per S$1 spent locally. The card also earns 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent foreign spend on eligible purchases during the months of June and December.
|Product Name||American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card|
|Reward||Get up to 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 22 days|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to 4X of monthly income|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Go to site|
Review of the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card
A step up from the standard American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer product, the Ascend credit card brings an accelerated mile earning rate as well as additional perks and benefits. The annual fee is higher, at S$337.05 for the main cardmember, but the increased miles earning rate and additional benefits can compensate for the increase.
Travel benefits on this card include a higher mile earning rate at 2 KrisFlyer miles per S$1 when you spend in-flight and online with singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, silkair.com and KrisShop. Simultaneously, you also get to earn 2 miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas during the months of June and December. Cardholders also get one complimentary night at any one of 110 Hilton properties in Asia Pacific, complimentary membership to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards as well as discounted rental on Wi-Fi routers via Changi Recommends.
Benefits of the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card
Accompanying this credit card are several attractive benefits that are ideal for frequent travellers, including:
- Earn miles as you spend. You can get 1.2 KrisFlyer miles for each S$1 you spend, as long as it’s an eligible transaction, but almost all point of sale and online retail transactions qualify. Some transactions earn even more miles: every S$1 spent online and in-flight with singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, silkair.com and KrisShop earns you 2 KrisFlyer miles, while Grab rides earn 3.2 miles for each S$1 in spend, to a maximum of 640 miles a month.
- Welcome offer. Get 15,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$10,000 within three months of card approval. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 Sep 2019.
- Spend Bonus. Earn 15,000 KrisFlyer miles when you spend S$10,000 within the first three months and an additional 12,000 KrisFlyer miles based on 1.2 KrisFlyer miles per S$1 spent locally. Ends 30 September 2019.
- Perks at Hilton Properties. Your card includes complimentary membership of Hilton Honors at Silver tier which includes late checkout and complimentary Internet access. You also receive one free night every year at over 110 Hilton properties located in Asia Pacific.
- Airport lounges. Cardmembers also get 4 complimentary airport lounge access passes every year, allowing free entry to participating SATS Premier lounges in Singapore and Plaza Premium lounges around the world.
- Accelerated KrisFlyer qualification. Achieve KrisFlyer Elite Gold status faster when you hold this credit card. Cardmembers are upgraded to the Elite Gold membership tier if they spend S$15,000 at singaporeair.com within the first year of card membership. Additionally, you also get a Double KrisFlyer Miles Accrual Voucher valid until 30 June 2020.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Enjoy free enrolment in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty programme which entitles you to 10% off on published rates, one-class car upgrade and fee waiver on additional driver at any 8,500 locations in over 150 countries worldwide.
- Travel inconvenience and accident benefits. If you purchase travel tickets with your card you could qualify for up to S$1 million in travel accident insurance, plus further travel inconvenience and accident benefits which will cover you for flight delays and baggage delays.
Features of the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card
In addition to a range of benefits, you also get all the essential credit card features with this card, which include:
- Emergency card replacement. If you lose your card or of it’s stolen you could get a replacement card within one business day, no matter where in the world you are.
- Discounts on Wi-Fi routers. You can rent a Wi-Fi router for as little as S$4.65 a day thanks to a special deal with Changi Recommends.
- Supplementary cards. You can request supplementary cards on your account. Supplementary cardmembers will also accrue miles as they spend and enjoy many of the benefits the principal cardmember enjoys. Each supplementary card carries an annual fee of S$80.25, but this is waived in the first year.
Is this credit card right for you?
The card offers a solid mile earning rate, but it does charge a substantial annual fee. Calculate whether the combination of what you spend on the card, and the resulting miles earned, plus the other card benefits and perks, is worth more than the annual fee. If the overall card offer appeals to you, click the green “Go to site” button to start the easy online application.
- You must be 21 years old or over to apply.
- Singapore citizens and residents require an annual income of S$50,000 to apply.
- Foreign workers require S$60,000 or more in income, per annum.
- A copy of your ID such as your NRIC or passport.
- Full details of your employment and income.
- Evidence of your income such as a payslip.
You can earn more miles almost every time you pay with your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card while also enjoy a range of travel and leisure perks.