Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card
Earn bonus air miles and get a host of travel-friendly rewards, including free travel cover of up to S$1 million.
If you’re a business person who likes to be rewarded as you travel, the American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card could be a great choice for you. Through this card’s partnership with Singapore Airlines HighFlyer, you could find you’re soon offsetting the cost of future trips. Plus, free travel cover is just one of multiple travel perks you can take advantage of.
Read on to find out the key details of the American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card.
Benefits of the American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card
- Points bonuses. You could earn as many as 70,000 bonus HighFlyer Points in the first year of your credit card membership, including 50,000 points if you spend S$10,000 in your first three months. This also includes a loyalty bonus of 15,000 points if you spend S$10,000 with Singapore Airlines Group annually. Typically you’ll earn 8.5 HighFlyer Points per S$1 spent.
- Interest free purchases. Get up to 51 days interest-free on your purchases. What’s more, you can get 0% interest for six months on certain Singapore Airlines spending.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Get up to S$1 million complimentary travel accident insurance and trip cancellation coverage.
- Further travel perks. Benefits include 50% discounts on dining across Asia-Pacific, passes to airport lounges, and much more.
Features of the American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card
- Air miles. Earn up to 8.5 HighFlyer points per S$1 spent (worth 8.5% cashback) on eligible Singapore Airlines Group flights. All other eligible purchases will accrue 1.8 HighFlyer points per S$1 spent (worth 1.8% cashback).
- Annual fee. There’s an annual fee of S$299 with this card. Supplementary cards typically cost S$99 per card per year; however, this fee is waived for your first two supplementary cards.
- Fraud protection. American Express credit cards are well protected against fraud. The company has intelligent security and secure payment systems in place to protect your purchases – whether they’re online or in-store, in Singapore or overseas.
Pros and cons
- High earn rate for HighFlyer Points, which are valid for three years
- 24/7 global customer support
- Annual fee is waived for up to two supplementary cards
- Chance to accelerate to KrisFlyer Elite Gold status if you spend S$15,000 with Singapore Airlines Group in your first year
- There’s an annual fee of S$299
- Many rewards must be redeemed with Singapore Airlines
How to apply
It is possible to apply for an American Express credit card online in under 15 minutes.
Follow these steps to apply for an American Express credit card:
- Select the credit card that best suits you, considering your income level, lifestyle, credit needs and spending patterns.
- Check that you meet the eligibility criteria for your chosen credit card and visit the American Express website.
- Once you submit your card application online, you’ll receive an instant decision within 60 seconds. Some approvals are granted as conditional approvals.
- If this is the case, you’ll receive further instructions to upload the required supporting documents. American Express will assess and verify the information you provided. If your application is approved, you’ll receive your card in the next three to five business days.
Before applying, ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 21 years of age. Supplementary cardholders must be over 18 years old.
- Minimum income. Most Amex credit cards require the following minimum income levels: S$30,000 for Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents (SPRs), S$60,000 for foreigners
- Residential status. Singaporean citizens, permanent residents and foreigners can apply for an Amex credit card. However, foreigners may be subject to higher income requirements and stricter employment criteria.
- Credit history. Applicants must have a good credit rating.
- Business requirements. Applicants should be: business owners and/or persons with executive authority of a Company/Business with a valid Unique Entity Number (UEN); Director’s resolution or board resolution (except for Sole Proprietor/Partnership); Certified IDs of beneficial owners/shareholders (with ownership of 25% or more).
Make sure you have the following information and documents ready when you apply:
- Personal details. You’ll need to provide personal details including your name, email address, phone number, residential address and National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) or passport.
- Credit card information. You’ll need to provide your credit card number and disclose information including your annual income bracket, whether you currently hold an Amex credit card and the type of card you wish to apply for (cashback, rewards or air miles for example).
Singaporen citizens or Singaporen PRs
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back), and
- Central Provident Fund (CPF) contribution history for the last 12 months, or
- Latest three months’ computerised payslip, or
- Last 2 years’ Income Tax Notice of Assessment, and your CPF contribution history for the last 12 months or your last three months’ computerised payslips
In addition to the income documents above, you’ll also need to provide the following:
- Valid passport, and
- Employment pass (for primary cardholders only), and
- Utility bills or bank statements with your residential address, and
- Company letter stating proof of employment (if you’ve been working for less than three months).
More guides on Finder
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
How to buy Robinhood stock from Singapore
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Singapore.
How long does it take to get a credit card?
Learn about the factors behind how long it takes for you to get a new credit card.
Best credit card hotel promotions 2021
Learn about how to reap the rewards of hotel promotions while using your credit card.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.
Best credit cards for Grab rides
Learn how to save by using your credit card as you spend on Grab rides.
Credit cards for foreigners in Singapore
Compare credit cards for foreigners living in Singapore and learn what details you need to provide for your application.
Best credit cards for online shopping
Whether you’re looking to save on interest costs, earn reward points or need peace of mind that purchases are secure, we’re here to help you compare the best credit cards for online shopping.