Enjoy up to 50% off when dining at over 50 of Singapore’s best restaurants and take advantage of exclusive lifestyle privileges.
Designed to satisfy the gourmand in you, the American Express Platinum credit card allows you to indulge at Singapore’s best restaurants with incredible dining privileges. It also offers a range of lifestyle and shopping perks, including complimentary drinks, club entries, spa treatments, 90-days return guarantee and a host of other services.
|Product Name||American Express Platinum Credit Card|
|Reward||Up to 50% off your food bill for unlimited visits at hotels around Singapore|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 22 days|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to 4X of monthly income|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Go to site|
Benefits of using the American Express Platinum credit card
Here are the features you should consider when looking at the American Express Platinum credit card:
- Dining benefits. The most prominent benefit of this card lies in its dining discounts. Receive up to 50% savings at over 50 of Singapore’s best restaurants, such as Raffles Hotel Singapore, Shangri-La Hotel Singapore, The St. Regis and more.
- Lifestyle and shopping perks. Gain access to an array of nightlife, golf and wellness benefits, ranging from 1-for-1 drink deals and exclusive club entries to complimentary green fees and spa vouchers.
- Reward points. For every S$1.60 charged to your card, you earn 2 Membership Reward (MR) points that may be used for redemptions from the Membership Rewards Catalogue, or even pay directly for your purchases. If you shop at any American Express Platinum EXTRA Partners like Lee Hwa Jewellery and Peony Jade restaurants, you’re entitled to earn 10 MR points for every S$1.60 spent. With this card, miles transfer fees (worth S$40) will be perpetually waived and you can transfer your MR points to Frequent Flyer Miles from any AMEX airline partners. There’s also no expiry for MR points, so you can accumulate them for future redemptions.
- Introductory offer. Get a free Samsonite luggage and 1-night stay at Swissotel Singapore when you pay the annual fee upon card approval and spend S$4,500 in the first 3 months. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 September 2019.
- Supplementary card offer. Receive S$20 worth of CapitaVouchers for each approved supplementary card, up to the first two supplementary cards only. Ends 30 September 2019.
Features of the American Express Platinum credit card
Make sure you also take into account the following features when comparing the American Express Platinum credit card to other options:
- Annual fee. This card comes with a S$321 annual fee.
- Insurance coverage. American Express offers complimentary travel insurance for incidences such as personal accidents, luggage loss or flight inconveniences for you and your family.
- Purchase protection. American Express provides a 90-days return guarantee for almost any purchase made locally. This means that even if a store refuses your return request, American Express provides refunds up to S$800 per item. Your purchases are also automatically covered for 90 days against accidental damage or theft or up to S$10,000 per incidence. Note that terms and conditions apply, and the full cost of the purchase must be charged to the card.
- Additional cardholders. The first two supplementary cards are free for life and subsequent cards are chargeable at S$160.50 each. Also, you can earn reward points for every eligible transaction made on the supplementary card(s).
- Other promotional offers. There is also a range of other offers such as discounts for petrol, travel bookings and yacht charters. You can also expect exclusive privileges and invitations to Michelin-starred dinners and other events. These promotions are subject to terms and conditions as set by American Express and the participating merchant.
- Contactless payments. You can use the card for quick and hassle-free payments on any contactless payment terminals. It is also eligible for Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay, which allows you to make secure payments online, in stores or using apps.
How to apply for the American Express Platinum credit card
If you’ve compared your options and decided the American Express Platinum credit card is right for you, you can complete a secure application by clicking Go to site on this page. The application should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Before you apply, though, make sure you’ve met the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents and information on hand.
- Earn at least S$50,000 p.a if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or S$60,000 if you’re an expat
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years or older
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) or passport
- Photocopy of your employment pass (for foreigners only)
- For salaried employees and expatriates: Latest income tax notice of assessment and latest computerised payslip OR last three months’ computerised payslips
- For self-employed or commission-based earners: Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last two years
- Identification documents supplementary applicant(s), if any
- Expatriates are required to provide a proof of residence (e.g. Latest mobile bill, utility bill or bank statement)
The American Express Platinum credit card is a premium credit card that offers prestige, as well as a suite of other high-end dining and lifestyle benefits. However, the high annual fee could offset the value of these perks, so make sure you take some time to compare your options before deciding.