Up to 50% off
Although Amazon Prime Day is fairly new to the sale scene, the event is giving Black Friday a run for its money already. The shopping extravaganza will run from Monday 21 June until Tuesday 22nd June.
Through our Finder research, we found that an estimated 1.2 million Singaporean adults plan to shop the Amazon Prime Day sales, so don’t miss out.
From fashion and beauty to automotive, homewares and beyond, Amazon is offering some of the hottest discounts we’ve been privy to all year right now. Plus, with this limited sale shopping window being so close to the upcoming holiday season and prices being slashed left, right and centre, you really can’t afford to miss out on the amazing deals listed below.
Best Amazon Prime Day deals:
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day has become one of the most highly anticipated and exclusive dates in the shopping calendar ever. The event is hosted annually and now rivals the most prolific sales including Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, unlike these huge shopping events, Amazon Prime Day is highly regarded for its exclusivity. As only Amazon Prime members can access this exciting event, there’s no time like the present to sign up for a membership.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
The shopping extravaganza will run from Monday 21 June until Tuesday 22nd June.
How to score pre-Prime Day sales
Be on the lookout for pre-sale discounts as the event draws closer. Last year, the deals and discounts started as early as two weeks prior to the Prime Day event and Prime Members were able to access some wow-worthy deals including 40% off Kindle Unlimited memberships as well as a discount on Amazon music streaming.
Another way to access early Amazon Prime Day deals is to ask your Echo. Last year, Alexa doled out exclusive savings to Echo owners two hours prior to the start of the sale. Consider asking your Echo about Prime deals at around 9pm the night before the official date and see whether you can secure a deal ahead of the event.
Can you preview Amazon Prime Day deals?
If you ask Alexa, there is a possibility that you’ll be able to uncover insider info on many of the exclusive deals way before Prime Day commences, granting you a sneak peek of what’s to come. Bear in mind that Amazon Prime Day is laid out in what it calls “Lightning Deals,” which only last for a very limited time before they’re gone. So, it pays off to know exactly what you’re looking for before you start to shop.
Amazon Prime Day shopping tips
As with all major sales events, there are plenty of things to think about before setting out on your Amazon Prime Day shopping spree. Do a little research and ensure you shop savvy during this year’s event. Scroll on to see our top tips for picking up the best deals on Prime Day:
- Know when to strike and when to pass. The Prime Day Lightning Deals land thick and fast with new ones arriving as often as every five minutes. This can quickly turn your online shopping spree into a frenzy. While you do need to act fast to secure the products you want, don’t be tempted to hit the “Add to Cart” button on every single sale item that flashes across your screen. Whenever possible, take the time to do a quick Internet search to confirm that the Prime Day price really is as good as it presents itself.
- Always read the fine print. Some Prime Day deals, particularly on electronics such as TVs, smart devices and computers, won’t reveal the brand name and model number until just seconds before the sale drops, so ensure you double-check these details before jumping on a low price.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever go into a sale event without a list. Take some time before the sales start to think about what it is that you actually need or want to buy. By giving your sale shopping spree a purpose, you’ll stop yourself from walking away with a bunch of stuff you didn’t really want or need.
- Check reviews. Sale events can make you feel pressured to snatch up a discount which could cause you to skip reading through the product reviews as carefully as you usually would. This step is vital unless you’re already familiar with the product and know for sure it’s what you want.
- Compare prices. As Amazon Prime Day is being launched close to Black Friday this year, it’s a good idea to check out competitor prices online. By now, other retailers are very aware of Amazon’s biggest deal day of the year, so there’s a chance you could find similar or even better deals by shopping around.
- Voice shop. If you have an Echo device, take advantage of exclusive deals by voice shopping with Alexa.
What’s the catch?
When it comes to Amazon Prime Day, the only real catch is that you have to be a paying Prime member to be able to access the event. This sale’s exclusivity sees millions of new members across the globe subscribing to Amazon Prime just so that they can access the event. Why not ask Alexa to sign you up today and see whether you can score a discount on the annual fees?
More guides on Finder
Top sites to buy false eyelashes online in Singapore 2021
Pick up drama-infusing false eyelashes at these top retailers for less with one of our coupons.
Where to buy eyeliner online in Singapore 2021
Accentuate your eyes and come up with a new eye look with eyeliner from our list of retailers.
Where to buy eco-friendly packaging online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on pioneering eco-friendly packaging online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable straws online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on sustainable, reusable drinking straws online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy eyeshadow online in Singapore 2021
Top up your makeup kit and try out new looks with eye shadows from our list of retailers.
Where to buy reusable coffee cups online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee cups online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable diapers online in Hong Kong 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on reusable diapers for the little ones in your life online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable heat packs online in Singapore 2021
Shop for reusable heat packs online at any of these eight destinations and score a discount with a coupon code.
Where to buy reusable coffee pods online in Singapore 2021
Cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee pods for use with Nespresso machines with a discount code at any of these online retailers.
Where to buy mascara online in Singapore 2021
For a great range of mascaras, shop from these sellers and save with our discount and coupon codes.