Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Alternatives to HiFX
Since HiFX has merged with XE, see what other services can help you out.
Updated . What changed?
As of 26 January 2019, HiFX has merged with XE. This means you won’t be able to use HiFX to send money overseas. Instead, check out if XE Money Transfer is right for you in our full review.
HiFX is a service designed to help you transfer your funds to a bank in a foreign currency. If you’re working far from home, HiFX is ideal for getting cash to your family or making investments overseas. Given how easy it is to transfer your money to foreign companies in their currency, it’s especially ideal for business accounts.
- One of the most trusted money transfer names in the UK
- Competitive exchange rates save you money in the long run
- Transfer is complete in 1 to 4 days
- Rate comparison tool not available until after you’ve registered with the site
TransferWise is a money transfer site designed to help you save money on exchanges through a peer-to-peer system. Its unique system allows you to exchange your funds with those of another seeking to convert their money to your currency. It’s basically trading money with another person, but it doesn’t cross borders.
Why pick TransferWise instead?
- Maximum 1% fee
- $3 minimum fee
- Minimum transfer of $1
- Maximum transfer of $36,000,000
- Apps for both iOS and Android
- Uses mid-market exchange rate with no hidden fees
- Transfers to bank accounts. No cash pickup option.
WorldRemit provides a variety of transfer options in more than 120 countries worldwide, including online, bank-to-bank and cash transfers. Fees vary by country you’re sending funds to and the global exchange rate at the time of your transfer. WorldRemit is ideal for small businesses, offering transfers from $1 to $2,000.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Flexible payment options
- Easy three-step transfer process
- Transfers to mobile wallet accounts
- Cash pickup available
- Mobile airtime account transfers
- The higher your transfer, the greater the transfer fees
- Currencies Direct
Currencies Direct is an international money transfer service dedicated to helping its customers save more when transferring money internationally. With 39 currencies to choose from (and others that can be discussed with the company itself), it is more flexible than other money transfer services. So long as there’s a bank account available, Currencies Direct will transfer and exchange your funds at a low flat rate.
Why pick Currencies Direct instead?
- No fees for 90% of its transactions
- Worldwide service
- Competitive exchange rates
- Low minimum transfer of $100
- Supports large transactions at a seemingly unlimited max
- Monitors exchange rates for your ideal transfer
- No cash pickup option
- Does not support all currencies (though you can contact them if yours isn’t listed)
OFX offers transfers and exchanges into 55 different currencies. If you’re a larger business looking to pay for exports or just need to transfer a larger sum to an account overseas, this service may be ideal.
Why pick OFX instead?
- 24-hour customer support
- Available in 195 countries and 55 currencies
- Offers scheduled and recurring transfers
- iOS and Android apps available for mobile transfer and tracking
- No cash payment or pickup. OFX only delivers funds through bank deposit.
Sharemoney is a part of the Omnex group, a company that’s specialized in money transfers for over 25 years. Its constantly expanding service range and offer door-to-door and cash pickup options on top of the usual transfer techniques.
Why pick Sharemoney instead?
- Low transfer fees
- Exchange rate calculator helps you see just how much money you’ll get for your dollar
- Fast and easy service
- Door-to-door delivery in as short as 48 hours
- Discounts available on Facebook
- Doesn’t transfer to every country
- Exact location must be specified for cash pickup
- Daily transfer limits of $9,999
Still looking for other options?
More guides on Finder
How do we pick the top money transfer services?
Our top picks are our selection of the best money transfer services, based on our extensive research and market experience. Here’s how we choose them.
Sending money to Mexico during the coronavirus
Learn how COVID-19 may affect how you transfer cash across the border.
XE vs. OFX money transfers
Check out this side-by-side comparison of XE and OFX to find out which provider offers the best value on international money transfers.
Alternatives to InstaReM
Find the best alternative websites to InstaReM for online money transfers.
Compare exchange rates, fees and transfer speeds from this international business transfer service.
FairFX offers fee-free transfers at competitive rates for UK residents — learn about US alternatives here.
Safe ways to transfer money internationally
Compare cashier’s checks, international money orders, money transfer services, and more.
WorldRemit vs. Xoom
An in-depth comparison of WorldRemit and Xoom’s exchange rates, fees and transaction times for international money transfers.
Compare instant money transfers
Are you looking for a way to instantly transfer funds to friends and family overseas? Here’s what you need to know.
Hawk FX review
Everything you need to know about Hawk FX’s exchange rates, fees and safety. Plus, a step-by-step guide through the signup process.
Ask an Expert