Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Sephora Beauty Insider, VIB and Rouge sales: What to expect
Get exclusive discounts up to four times a year and free gifts on your birthday.
As a member of Sephora's rewards program, you'll be eligible for exclusive discounts during its annual sales, though the amount you'll save depends on the tier you're in.
- You'll be an Insider right after you sign up — eligible for 10% to 15% off twice a year.
- Spend $350 per year to reach VIB status — Very Important Beauty-Insider — and get 15% to 20% off three times per year.
- Spend $1,000 per year to reach Rouge status and get up to 20% off three times per year and one $25 voucher during the holidays.
When's the next sale?
The Spring Beauty Insider is up next, in April 2021:
- 4/9 to 4/19 for Rouge members (on 4/9 and 4/10 you must shop in-store)
- 4/13 to 4/19 for VIB members
- 4/15 to 4/19 for Insider members
Enter code OMGSPRING at checkout to get the discounts. You can use the code as many times as you want during the sale period — it won't expire until midnight on the 19th.
The Spring Beauty Insider discounts don't apply to:
- Sephora Collection products
- The Ordinary products
- Viva Glam by Mac Cosmetics products
- Nudestix anti-bacterial hand sanitizer gel
Sephora's annual sales
Plan your beauty hauls around these sales to save money on refreshing your stash of hair and makeup goodies.
Spring Beauty Insider
- Late April – early May
- 10% to 20% off everything
Rouge members get early access to 20% savings, usually starting at the end of April and running through early May. VIB and Beauty Insider members can start shopping about a week later. VIB members get 15% off and Insiders enjoy a 10% discount.
Keep your eyes peeled in your email for an exclusive promo code that you might have to enter to cash in on these deals.
- If you pay using a Sephora credit card, you'll earn double rewards during this sale.
Summer VIB Bonus Sale
- Mid to late August
- 15% to 20% off everything
The summer sales event is exclusively for Rouge and VIB members — sorry, Insiders. Rouge members usually get an extra two days to shop the sale, raking in 20% savings on practically everything online and in stores. VIB members still get plenty of time to save 15% sitewide. Like most Beauty Insider sales, you should get a coupon in the mail and/or your email. Present the coupon when shopping in-store, or use the promo code when shopping online.
Friends and Family
- Exclusive savings for friends and family of Sephora employees
Sephora gives every employee a unique discount code to share with friends or family members during this sale. If you don't know a Sephora employee, then you won't be able to participate.
Holiday Bonus Beauty Insider
- Late October through mid-November
- 15% to 20% off everything
This annual sales event kicks off in late October, with Rouge members getting early access to sales. VIB members usually start saving in early November, while all Insider members gain access to the sale in mid-November. Expect savings of 15% for all Insider members, with VIB and Rouge members earning up to 20% off select items.
This sale usually wraps up just before the Black Friday season kicks off, so be sure to shop the Sephora Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales if you didn't find everything you were looking for during holiday bonus buys.
Rouge $25 Bonus
- Late November through early December
- $25 off any purchase of $75
This is only available to Rouge members.
How to shop Sephora Beauty Insider, VIB and Rouge Sales
Beauty Insider is Sephora's free rewards membership program. Right after you sign up, you'll start earning rewards points on every purchase and score a free annual birthday gift, trial-sized samples at checkout and access to exclusive seasonal sales.
Members who spend at least $350 at Sephora each year are automatically upgraded to VIB status. VIB members earn an extra 0.25 point for every dollar spent, plus get to choose from four birthday gifts, earn a tier celebration gift, get extra seasonal savings and more.
Rouge members spend $1,000 or more per year to get perks like an extra 0.5 point for every dollar spent, another tier celebration gift, free standard shipping, early access to products, a $100 Rouge reward and more.
How to sign up
Here's how to start earning points and saving money when you shop at Sephora.
- Go to Sephora's website, select Sign in, then select Create account
- Enter your name and email, then create a password
- Enter your birthdate, then select Join Now
Beauty Insider birthday gifts
If you're a Beauty Insider, VIB or Rouge member, your next birthday just got a little merrier. Sephora released its new slate of free birthday gifts available in 2021, and it includes goodies from top brands like NARS and Laneige.
Here's a sample of the gifts you can choose from when you turn one year older.
- NARS Mini Laguna Bronzer
- NARS Mini Laguna Lip Balm
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
- Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream
- Kérastase Nutritive Shampoo for Dry Hair
Ways to save even more
Sephora offers tons of ways to save, even when there's not a big sale going on.
- Earn double points. Several times a year, Beauty Insiders can earn double the rewards points with every purchase. These events usually happen in January, February, May and August.
- Browse the sale page and Rewards Bazaar. New deals drop every Thursday, and Rewards Bazaar rewards drop every Tuesday and Thursday. Find discounts on popular beauty picks on Sephora's sale page, and scoop up free trial-size new products or sign up for makeovers and experiences in the Rewards Bazaar.
- Take advantage of exclusive mobile app promos. Download Sephora's mobile app to cash in on exclusive deals and offers.
- Pick your birthday gift. All Beauty Insider tiers get a free birthday gift of their choice. Remember to choose yours!
- Get free samples. When shopping in-store, ask for a free sample of a product you're interested in. Chances are, if it's in stock, the sales associates would be happy to hook you up. Most online orders come with two free samples.
- Treat yourself to a free mini-makeover. Sephora offers free 15- to 20-minute in-store makeovers — no purchase necessary!
- Spend your rewards money early for year-long perks. Use some of those Christmas gift cards toward hitting your Beauty Insider tier goal early in the year so you can rake in extra savings and freebies all year long.
Sephora deals & sales
More guides on Finder
CVS Epic Beauty sale
Time to act fast – CVS is hosting a beauty sale and you can save big on everything from skincare to makeup products.
Target 14 Days of Beauty sale
Get all the details on Target’s 14 Days of Beauty sale, including a full list of deals! And find some hacks on how to stack your savings.
Ulta’s Love Your Skin sales event is here
Shop Ulta’s Love Your Skin sale and discover 50% off popular beauty brands like Sunday Riley, L’Occitane and BareMinerals.
How do CVS rewards work?
Learn how to get up to 10% in rewards with the loyalty program at CVS.
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
What to expect from Target’s Deal Days sale
Save big on Target products with the upcoming Deal Days sale, featuring discounts on everything from electronics to hot tubs to rival Amazon Prime Day.
Retailer cashback reward programs
12 retailer loyalty and cashback programs that reward you for shopping.
How do Ulta rewards work?
Calling all beauty lovers! Earn points on purchases online or in stores to spell savings and exclusive discounts throughout the year.
Sephora holiday sets have arrived – here are details on all the goodies
Shop Sephora’s holiday collection, featuring a wide range of beauty products, from creamy lipsticks to shimmery highlighters.
Lululemon Boxing Day sales 2021
Score savings on the season’s hottest athleisure trends with the Boxing Day sales from Lululemon.
Ask an Expert