SEMrush review: Your all-in-one digital marketing toolkit
Gain competitive insights for your SEO, paid search, social media campaigns and content and PR outreach.
Founded in 2008, SEMrush offers a competitive research service for online marketing. It features solutions to boost online stores, offers competitive research and support for enterprise-level businesses and agencies. Plans start at $ 83.28 monthly for freelancers and startups.
What features does SEMrush offer?
As you develop your content for your site, SEMrush features can help you get the word out about your product.
- Peek in on your competitors to analyze their keywords and discover new competitors.
- Display advertising tools to spot new publishers and target the right audience.
- Conduct deep link analysis to find the best backlinks for your site.
- Get info on trends, phrases and keywords for SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Make your product listing ad competitive.
- Get traffic analytics to find out how you’re performing in relation to the competition.
- Explore and analyze new markets and gain insight to new markets.
- Compare domains with a side-by-side comparison.
- Use charts to analyze data.
- Gather data and run custom PDF reports.
- Get ideas for keywords with its Keyword magic tool.
- Check CPC in your niches with its maps.
- Create a content plan and perform content gap analytics with topic research.
- Track your search ranking and compare it to competitors to tap into top search results.
- Use SEO analytic tools for a site audit to find and fix hreflang mistakes and more.
- Schedule posts and use its automation features to update social media. Track the affect your social media pages have on traffic.
- Monitor your brand’s reputation — and your competitors’.
- Conduct backlink audits to strengthen your website’s ranking.
- Unlock keywords and merge analytics and console data.
- Find ideas for ads and create templates.
How does SEMrush update its data?
SEMrush uses a live data algorithm to keep its more than 100 databases current. It has more than 300 million keywords that are tiered so that the top keywords are updated daily. The tiers are on a schedule so that no keyword goes more than three weeks without getting updated.
SEMrush pricing and plans
SEMrush has three standard plans available on a monthly or yearly basis. For custom plans or enterprise-level plans, customers should get in touch with an SEMrush sales representative. All prices are in US dollars.
|Pay monthly||$99.95 per month||$199.95 monthly||$399.95|
|Pay annually||$83.28 monthly||$166.62 monthly||$333.28|
|Reporting||5 scheduled PDFs||20 scheduled PDFs||50 scheduled PDFs|
Prices last checked December 2020
Pros and cons
SEMrush offers a robust array of products dedicated to improving a company’s online marketing. But weigh the pros and cons to see if its right for your online business.
- The Pro package is powerful enough to handle most SMBs with up to five projects and 500 keywords to track, along with 50 social media profiles.
- The annual savings are substantial: $250 for the Pro package, $500 for the Guru Package and more than $1,000 for the Business Package.
- The maximum user limit for the Guru Package is only two while for the Business Package it’s nine, meaning if you have three users, you have to spend an extra $251 monthly for that third person.
- API Access is only available to Business package customers.
Compare other business software
Some of these tools can be very valuable to businesses in general, while others are fairly specific in nature. If SEO and digital marketing isn’t your main focus, compare other business software to find a more appropriate fit.