A user-friendly platform where you can manage your business, market and sell products in one place.
Selz can help you build and curate an online presence, complete with inventory, payment processing and SEO analytics. However, it won’t suit businesses that expect tremendous growth or complex technical needs.
- Choose this provider if you’re a small business owner or entrepreneur without coding experience.
- Consider something else if you want a high level of technical customization for your site.
- Current offer: 14-day free trial.
|Products||Payment processing, Website builder, Inventory tracking|
|Monthly fees start at||$26/month|
|Processing fees start at||2.9% + $0.30 per transaction|
Here’s what Selz can help you do:
- Register for a custom domain name
- Get a free SSL certificate
- Build an online storefront
- Develop promotions and discount codes
- Sell through social media
- Sync your inventory across third-party channels
- Market your goods
- Automatically calculate shipping costs and generate labels
- Leverage SEO with its blogging tool
- Process payments through Selz Pay
- Accepts all major credit cards and PayPal
- Accepts all major credit cards and PayPal
Pricing and fees
All memberships come with the ability to upload an unlimited amount of products, 24/7 support, real-time fraud protection and unlimited storage. You can add the products to an already existing website or blog, access customer analytics, and link your store to Instagram and Facebook to garner sales directly from social media.
Here’s a glimpse at some of the other features, depending on the tier you choose:
From $26 monthly
From $53 monthly
From $179 monthly
From $599 monthly
2.9% + $0.30
2.8% + $0.30
2.7% + $0.30
2.7% + $0.30
Fees for using payment providers other than Selz Pay
All features of Basic, plus:
All features of Standard, plus:
How much technical experience do I need?
You only need a basic level of technical experience to use Selz, since it’s designed to be a simple, effective way for folks to set up shop. It curates a collection of tutorials and instructional articles on FounderU, to help answer your questions and get you up and running.
For example, to set up your online store, simply drag-and-drop the pieces into place — no coding needed. Its themes are free to use and are compatible with web, mobile and tablet.
How do I contact Selz support?
Selz’s customer service team is available 24/7 via email or chat.
We reached out to Selz’s customer service via live chat and received straightforward, clear feedback about prices and fees — which is rare for the industry.
- Email. Send a note to email@example.com.
- Live chat. IM its help team in real time through the Selz website.
Selz doesn’t have a phone number publicly available.
What design options does it have?
Selz has 25 different template options available, and all of them are free. Its templates tend to have a minimalist design, with an emphasis on images rather than text. Rearrange “building blocks” to add some customization to your storefront, though you don’t have as many options as you’d get with manual coding.
Each theme contains a demo you can click around and test it out before committing.
Pros and cons
Selz can be a good option for small businesses and companies that are venturing into the e-commerce world for the first time, but more advanced enterprises may find the features limiting.
- Clear pricing. The membership tiers are clearly laid out, with no transaction or setup fees.
- All-in-one platform. This platform includes payment processing software and a merchant account.
- Accessible customer service. Its team has a reputation for being friendly and reliable when you need help.
- Limited customization. Selz focuses on drag-and-drop design. Companies that anticipate needing complex code-based design should look elsewhere.
- Limited features. The needs of larger companies may quickly exceed the available features.
Selz reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, Selz has a 4.6- out of 5-star Great rating on Trustpilot, compiled from more than 105 reviews. Overall, customers applaud its prompt and helpful customer service, and easy-to-use interface. Selz has replied to most reviewers, either thanking them for the positive comments or offering to untangle complaints.
There are no reviews listed about Selz on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) , and it’s not BBB-accredited.
How do I sign up with Selz?
To sign up with Selz, you’ll start with a free 14-day trial — without entering a credit card.
- Enter your email address and click Start free trial.
- Enter your name, choose a password and agree to the terms and conditions. Click Sign up.
- Answer some questions about your business, including its name and category. Click Next.
- Indicate your current revenue, website and phone number then click Submit.
Then, you’ll choose a membership plan and get started building your storefront.
What other products will I need?
You probably won’t need to purchase other products, as Selz includes payment processing software in all memberships. However, you will need a business checking account to receive payments.
What is Selz?
Selz is an e-commerce software provider that can help you build an online storefront, market your business and manage customer sales. Its US office is located in Portland, Oregon.
To use Selz, no need to invest in service, apps or integrations, and you don’t have to sign a long-term contract. Pay monthly or annually, and cancel at any time without fees. This friendly approach is unique for the e-commerce platform biz.
Compare merchant services providers
If you’re focused on growing your business but don’t have the resources for technical finesse, Selz can seamlessly launch or manage your e-commerce presence. But if you’re looking for more customization and features, browse other e-commerce platforms.
Frequently asked questions
Which payment processing service powers Selz Pay?
Selz Pay is powered by Stripe.
Does Selz integrate with any accounting software?
Yes, Selz integrates with Xero, QuickBooks and FreshBooks.
Does Selz integrate with Mailchimp?
Yes, Selz integrates with Mailchimp.