Startups and newer businesses could qualify for up to $150,000 with a custom financing package.
Seek Business Capital works differently. It specializes in finding loans and credit cards for businesses that may not have any revenue coming in. Provided you have a high personal credit score and a strong business concept, Seek Business Capital may be able to connect you to personal and business financing you might not have otherwise considered.
|Product Name||Seek Business Capital – Startup Specialists|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$150,000|
|APR||Varies by lender|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Requirements||Personal credit of 680+, no bankruptcies in the last 4 years.|
- Personal credit of 680+
- No bankruptcies in the last 4 years
First, do I qualify?
- You must have a personal credit score of at least 680
- You must not have filed for bankruptcy in the last four years
What is Seek Business Capital?
Seek Business Capital is a loan connection and consulting service that covers a broad range of needs for startups and new businesses. It compiles a funding package unique to your business and helps make the lending process simpler, but it won’t be funding your loan directly.
Its main focus is on helping your business get financing through unsecured loans, lines of credit and credit cards that you may not otherwise qualify for. It also offers consulting services that can help you build your business model and plan for the future.
Your funds will come from third-party lenders based on the underwriting process conducted by Seek Business Capital. All you’ll have to do is read over your Funding Estimate and agree to the terms — though you’re under no obligation to accept the offer from one of its partner lenders. You can generally expect funding within one to three weeks.
What makes Seek Business Capital unique?
Unlike many other lenders and consulting agencies, Seek Business Capital focuses on startups, new businesses with low revenue and seasonal businesses. Once you provide details about your business and your plan for the loan, Seek Business Capital creates a unique plan that determines your loan amount and the sort of funding you qualify for to start building your business. There are no upfront fees, but you will have to pay a fee of 9.99% of your loan once you get your funds.
Seek Business Capital looks at your business plan and your personal credit score to develop a unique Funding Estimate. The Funding Estimate is a combination of third-party business and personal financing that can be used to purchase items, fund invoices or take care of most business expenses.
These work well for short-term needs, especially if you haven’t generated enough revenue from your clients but still need to make purchases. Your funding package will range from $5,000 to $150,000 depending on your business’s needs. To top if off, APRs starts off at 0% for the first 12 to 18 months. This helps keep costs low while you’re expanding your business. However, the company isn’t transparent about what APR you might qualify for after that introductory period is over.
What are the benefits of using Seek Business Capital?
- Helps find funding solutions. It can be hard to know where to start when it comes to getting funding. Seek Business Capital’s viability assessment analyzes the type of funding that benefits you and creates a plan to help generate funding now and in the future.
- Relies on more than credit. Although you’ll still need to have a decent personal credit score to score a loan, Seek Business Capital gauges the potential of your business model when it determines funding.
- Low intro APR. For the first 12 to 18 months, your business may be eligible for a 0% APR. This means you’ll be paying back only the amount you borrow. But watch out — once this period is over, you may have to pay high interest.
What to watch out for
- Consulting service. Seek Business Capital isn’t a lender. Rather, it helps new and small businesses find the funding they need to build capital and expand their services.
- Need a strong personal credit score. Your credit needs to be at least 680 to qualify. This can be hard for many people who have started other businesses or have been applying for funding elsewhere, so consider ways to improve your credit score before applying.
- Funding through credit cards. This provider’s funding packages could include credit cards. Although personal and business credit cards are similar to lines of credit, they tend to come with higher interest rates after a low introductory period. Consider your revenue and ability to repay before signing on to multiple cards at once.
- Lack of transparency around rates. While Seek Business Capital offers a 0% intro APR for 12 to 18 months, it doesn’t state the APR after that introductory period ends.
Compare more business loan providers
What do customers say about Seek Business Capital?
Seek Business Capital has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2016 and earns an A rating, with 80% of its customer reviews labeled positive. Happy customers state that Seek Business Capital quickly obtained funding and that customer service was excellent. Negative reviews left by former borrowers complain of misleading information and that the fees and types of cards provided by Seek Business Capital weren’t fully disclosed.
When dealing with any large line of credit or loan, have a professional accountant or lawyer look over your documents. Seek Business Capital charges a 9.99% fee once your funding is received, and the funding package you’re given likely is comprised of both business and personal credit cards.
How do I get connected with lenders?
To see if your business is eligible for preapproval, start by clicking the Go to site button to be redirected to Seek Capital website. You’ll see a quick online form that takes just a few minutes to fill out.
- Start your online form by supplying how much money your business needs and its purpose.
- Enter your contact information, including your business name, industry and state.
- Select how long you’ve been in business, your average monthly sales and your personal credit score range.
- Click Get Funding Quote to see if you’ve been preapproved.
Application process with screenshots
If you enter the preapproval process, one of Seek Business Capital’s representatives calls to go over your funding options. You also have the option of downloading the full online form to complete and send back via mail or fax, which may help speed up the process.
What documents will I need?
To complete Seek Business Capital’s online form, you’ll need your business’s:
- Bank statements from the past three months
- Profit and loss statements
If your business is new and hasn’t yet developed these statements, don’t worry. Seek Business Capital also offers Entity Creation and Business Plan Creation services to help you and your partners get your new business registered and ready to open its doors.
What happens after I’m approved for funding?
Since your funding could be a combination of personal and business financing, carefully review your terms to make sure you agree to each line of credit. From here, you can agree to accept your Funding Estimate. You’re charged a 9.99% fee once your package is processed.
Your payment due dates and any other potential fees depend on the individual lenders.
Seek Business Capital can be a great resource for business owners who may not be able to get funding from more traditional sources like banks or credit unions. However, the mix of business and personal credit cards may not appeal to some borrowers, especially those with high credit and established banking relationships with other lenders.