Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Capital One® Secured Mastercard® vs Discover it® Secured
Two solid secured cards, but one has a rare perk.
Summary of card features
Capital One® Secured Mastercard®
- You'll pay no annual fee to use this card.
- Depending on your credit, you may pay a security deposit as low as $49 and still get a $200 credit limit.
- Make your first 5 monthly payments on time and Capital One will raise your credit limit.
Discover it® Secured
- Build your credit. Responsible use of the card will help you build your credit score, as the card reports to all three major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- Earn cash back. Earn 2% back on dining and gas on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. On everything else you buy, you’ll earn 1% cash back.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Enjoy a 10.99% intro APR period on balance transfers for 6 months. After that, a variable APR of 22.99% applies.
Ask an Expert