Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Xendpay international money transfers review September 2022
Send to over 150 countries and pay no fees on bank or debit transfers up to GBP£2,000 (SEK23,327).
Xendpay is an international money transfer service that allows you to send money to friends and family in 173 countries and in over 45 currencies. Its “pay what you want” suggests a transaction fee, but you can choose to pay more or less than the suggestion — or even no fee at all — for your first GBP£2,000 (SEK23,327) transfer with Xendpay.
How much will I pay to send with Xendpay?
Xendpay allows users to choose their transaction fee for the first GBP£2,000 (SEK23,327) they send. You can even choose to pay no fee at all. After sending GBP£2,000 (SEK23,327), you pay a low transfer fee that depends on the currency of your recipient — in most cases within 1.4% of your total transaction amount.
If you’re sending to a mobile wallet or paying with a credit card, you’ll pay higher fees of up to 2.6% of your transaction amount.
How are Xendpay’s exchange rates?
Xendpay’s exchange rates vary by recipient country and currency but tend to be stronger than banks and most other services, according to users and Trustpilot.
What type of transfer does Xendpay support?
Xendpay supports online bank-to-bank transfers from your computer or its iPhone app to bank accounts or mobile wallets.
You can fund your transfer in three ways:
- Debit or credit card. The name on the card must match the name on the Xendpay account.
- Bank transfer. Process the transfer using the Xendpay banking details you receive in your confirmation email.
- SOFORT payments. Available in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
You can send as little as GBP£1 (SEK12) up to GBP£900 (SEK10,497) before verification and GBP£100,000 (SEK1,166,373) after verification.
Pros and cons of using Xendpay for money transfers
- Pay what you want. You can choose your own fee up to an initial GBP£2,000 (SEK23,327) in transfers.
- It’s secure. Xendpay is registered with the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
- Competitive exchange rates. Xendpay’s rates are often stronger than banks and other services.
- iPhone app. Allows transfers from iOS mobile devices.
- Limited delivery options. Transfers to bank accounts and mobile wallets in select countries only.
- Limited no-fee intro. “Pay what you want” applies only to the first GBP£2,000 (SEK23,327) you send.
- Long transfer speeds. It can take up to 4 days for your recipient to receive the funds.
- No recurring payments. At this time, you can’t schedule recurring payments with Xendpay.
How do I send money through Xendpay?
It’s easy to set up an account with Xendpay and send money:
- Log in or set up a free account. Create an account with your email address, ID, proof of address and proof of funds.
- Enter your transfer details. Including the amount and your recipient’s country.
- Enter your recipient’s details. If you’ve sent them money before, simply pull up the saved information.
- Make your payment. Pay with a debit or credit card, bank transfer or SOFORT.
- Track the transaction. Confirm your transfer’s progress on your dashboard.
Once you’ve sent money to a friend or family member, you can pull up their information for more convenient future transfers.
Tracking your order
Xendpay provides notifications for each stage of your transfer. You can receive these by email.
Notifications are sent out to confirm your transfer, once Xendpay receives your money and when your payment reaches its destination.
Cancelling your order
Orders can’t be canceled unless you contact Xendpay before the end of the business day that your order is placed. It should be noted that Xendpay is headquartered in London and customer service operates Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. local time.
Xendpay offers great rates and little fees for sending money securely to people in other countries. Its mobile app for iOS makes it even more convenient for those with iPhones and iPads.
Ultimately, you’ll want to compare Xendpay’s rates and fees against other money transfer specialists to find a service that’s right for your needs.
Compare Xendpay money transfers with other global brands
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
Questions you’ve asked about Xendpay
More guides on Finder
Panda Remit review
Discover more about Panda Remit’s money transfer services, including how your recipient can collect their money and what fees you can expect to pay.
Best Swedish Krona to Swiss franc exchange rates today (SEK/CHF)
Need to send money to Switzerland? Here’s how you can find the highest SEK/CHF exchange rate and the lowest transfer fees.
SEK to VND Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Vietnamese Dong. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to VND.
SEK to NOK Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Norwegian Krone. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to NOK.
SEK to NGN Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Nigeria Naira. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to NGN.
SEK to JPY Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Japanese Yen. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to JPY.
Swedish Krona to Lebanese pound exchange rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Lebanese pound. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to LBP.
SEK to HUF Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Hungarian Forint. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to HUF.
SEK to DKK exchange rate
Live exchange rates Swedish Krona to Danish Krone. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to DKK.
SEK to CAD exchange rate
Live exchange rates Swedish krona to Canadian Dollar. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to CAD.
Ask an Expert