Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Nano (XNO) in Sweden
Learn how to buy Nano (XNO) on 3+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Nano (XNO) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Kriptomat. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Nano is a scalable, feeless, and environmentally friendly digital payment protocol that is designed to address the inefficiencies of traditional financial and blockchain systems. Here's how to buy Nano.
How to buy Nano in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Nano is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit kr using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, neteller, sofort and skrill payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Nano You can now exchange your funds for Nano. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Nano to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Nano in Sweden
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade XNO by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Nano?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Sweden to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Nano?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Nano.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing XNO with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Nano with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy XNO with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy XNO on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase XNO by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for XNO on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Nano?
The easiest way to buy XNO is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying XNO, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Nano has been performing recently.
Best Nano wallets to store your XNO
You can keep your XNO on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Nano a good investment?
When buying any cryptocurrency it is important to understand the risks associated with the underlying technology and gather awareness of the volatile market conditions. In particular, buyers of XNO will want to consider the following:
- Feeless: Nano is one of the very few payment protocols that charges no transaction fees when a user wishes to transfer funds. In comparison to other payment protocols in both the cryptocurrency and traditional finance industries, this could make Nano extremely attractive.
- Patchy security: While the protocol offers zero fees, this advantage has, in the past, come at a cost to security. In March 2021, the Nano network suffered a spam attack that flooded the network with transactions. The spam attack caused the network to become extremely congested and the nodes to fall out of sync. The network will need to build user trust again before wider adoption is accepted.
- Scalability: The protocol is considered to be “infinitely scalable” in the sense that it can scale indefinitely as long as the hardware that powers its network is upgraded according to the growing user demand. However, unlike conventional Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake blockchains which reward miners and stakers, there is no incentive to run a node on Nano other than to support a decentralised payment system that offers zero fees.
- Competitors: Digital cash is arguably one of the most competitive use cases of cryptocurrencies. The protocol must capture market share from protocols such as Bitcoin Cash, XRP, Stellar, BTC and the Lightning Network, and stablecoins, which may prove difficult.
- Environmentally friendly: Nano boasts one of the lowest carbon footprints among digital payment protocols, with each transaction costing merely 0.111 wH. For those investors that do not wish to support the level of energy used by blockchains, such as Bitcoin, the Nano protocol could offer a strong alternative.
Additional information about Nano can be found using our XNO analysis tools.
Today's Nano price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Nano ($0.800673 USD) against its all-time-high price of $33.69 USD on 02 January 2018. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer XNO is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: January 02, 2018
Nano ATH: $33.69
How to trade, convert or sell NanoYou can convert or sell your XNO with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have XNO on.
- If you store your Nano in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of XNO you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Nano.
- Complete your transaction and move your XNO to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Nano, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of XNO is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Nano or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Hur man köper Litecoin (LTC)
Lär dig hur man köper, handlar och säljer Litecoin (LTC) i denna guide. Se en analys av myntet och vilka börser som stöder den.
Hur man köper NEXO (NEXO) i Sverige
I denna guide kan du lära dig hur man köper, handlar och säljer Nexo (NEXO) i denna guide. Se en analys av myntet och vilka börser som stöder den.
Hur man köper Bitcoin SV (BSV) i Sverige
I denna guide kan du lära dig hur man köper, handlar och säljer Bitcoin SV (BSV) i denna guide. Se en analys av myntet och vilka börser som stöder den.
Hur man köper Chiliz (CHZ)
I denna guide kan du lära dig hur man köper, handlar och säljer Chiliz (CHZ) i denna guide. Se en analys av myntet och vilka börser som stöder den.
How to buy Paribus (PBX) in Sweden
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PBX).
How to buy ADAPad (ADAPAD) in Sweden
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ADAPAD).
How to buy Fodl Finance (FODL) in Sweden
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (FODL).
How to buy JET (JET) in Sweden
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (JET).
How to buy Cardstarter (CARDS) in Sweden
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CARDS).
How to buy Nominex (NMX) in Sweden
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (NMX).
Ask an Expert