Global money transfers with Currencies Direct
Helping individuals, businesses and online sellers transfer money across the world
Currencies Direct makes transferring money simple by offering an efficient, hassle-free service, all while saving you money. It treats its customers as partners, understanding what’s important and then helping them tailor the transaction to best suit their needs.
Currencies Direct believes in beating the fees, rates and hidden costs of the big banks when sending money abroad. Offering a simplified process for transferring money overseas since 1996, it boasts years of testimonials that highlight its services.
Safe transfers with great customer service
Currencies Direct aims to provide a safe and positive service for its customers. They’re authorized by the FCA in the UK, and they process your money through a segregated bank account to keep it 100% safe. And they do this all with a level 1 credit rating with Dun & Bradstreet, the highest you can get.
Currencies Direct is best for:
- Very small and very large transfers. Low minimum and high maximum amounts you won’t find with many other services.
- A wide range of currencies. Supports some 60 market currencies — major, minor and exotic.
- Wire transfers. You can’t arrange a cash pickup.
How much does Currencies Direct cost?
Currencies Direct does not charge a money transfer fee.
Exchange rates when using Currencies Direct
Currencies Direct buys currency at a wholesale rate and passes on the savings from buying in bulk to its customers. And its competitive rates promise to beat bank rates and save you money.
Currencies Direct offers a free rate watch service that allows you to specify your ideal exchange rate range so that you can be notified as soon as the rate hits, allowing you to act immediately. And it updates global exchange rates every 15 minutes for reliable, up-to-date data.
When you need to send money overseas, Currencies Direct guarantees to beat the banks, and change your money faster. Exchanging foreign currencies is all they do, and they’re pretty good at it.
Currencies Direct offers the following services:
- Spot contracts. Make a one-time transfer on the spot.
- Recurring payments. Enjoy a hassle-free service by setting up automated payments.
- Forward contracts. If today’s rate looks good but you’re not ready to make the transfer, lock in the rate for up to one year in advance.
- Limit orders. Select a target rate and Currencies Direct will send your money when that rate is met.
- Rate watch. Currencies Direct’s free service will alert you when the rate you want has been met.
Currencies Direct offers a range of products for businesses in need of foreign exchange services. Currencies Direct will work as part of your team to help you manage foreign exchange exposure and risk.
Currencies Direct will support your business with:
Online seller services
If you’re conducting business online through marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, Currencies Direct offers savings of up to 75% when you receive foreign currency payments, and allows you to pay overseas suppliers for less.
With your account you can set up segregated collection accounts to collect multiple currencies and manage your transfers. You can also pay online suppliers with spot contracts, forward contracts and multiple payments.
Pricing for Currencies Direct’s seller services is straightforward and transparent.
- Only pay for what you use.
- New customers can open an account for free with no monthly charges or transaction fees.
- A 0.1% receiving fee applies to all funds collected in your account.
Currencies Direct supports more than 22 currencies, including the following:
- AED (Arab Emirates dirham)
- AUD (Australian dollar)
- CAD (Canadian dollar)
- CHF (Swiss franc)
- ILS (Israeli Shekel)
- CAD (Canadian dollar)
- DKK (DanishkKrone)
- EGP (Egypt pound)
- EUR (euro)
- FJD (Fijian dollar)
- GBP (pound sterling)
- HKD (Hong Kong dollar)
- JPY (Japanese yen)
- NOK (Norwegian krone)
- NZD (New Zealand dollar)
- SAR (Saudi riyal)
- SEK (Swedish krona)
- SGD (Singapore dollar)
- THB (Thai bhat)
- TRY (Turkish lira)
- USD (US dollar)
- ZAR (South African rand)
Limits with Currencies Direct
You can send a minimum of SEK1,185 and, if you are using the online service, a maximum of SEK296,353. If you want to transfer more than that you will have to contact Currencies Direct’s Scandinavian desk by telephoning +44 (0) 20 7847 9400.
How do I send money using Currencies Direct?
You first need to register online. Select between a business or personal account. From there, follow the instructions. Make sure to include your email address for notifications.
Once that’s complete, select the type of transaction or exchange you wish to enact, designate the funds and send. Each time you receive or send funds, Currencies Direct will email notifications of the status of your transaction. You can also request statements at any time online.
Transferring funds with Currencies Direct is a simple process.
- Set up a free account.
- Choose the currency, amount and where you want to send it.
- Make your payment to Currencies Direct.
- Currencies Direct will send the funds as soon as your payment clears.
What is Currencies Direct?
Currencies Direct has been providing money transfer services since 1996. With branches in the US, London, Spain, France, Portugal, South Africa, India and China, Currencies Direct is the only money transfer provider with a large retail presence, phone service, online service and mobile app.
How does Currencies Direct protect my money?
Protecting your money and personal information while sending money out of the country is a priority at Currencies Direct. It has an impressive history of successful transactions and is one of the biggest money transfer services in the world.
- High credit rating. Currencies Direct received a level 1 credit rating from Dun & Bradstreet.
- Institutional-grade security. Its site includes 256-bit SSL encryption with a 2048-bit signature.
- Experience. Founded in 1996, it has 12 international offices and completes more than US$4 billion in transactions each year.
- Authorized. It is regulated by FinCen in the United States and the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
How do I report suspicious activity to Currencies Direct?
Currencies Direct will never email you to confirm passwords, transaction details or personal information. If you are the recipient of an email from someone claiming to be Currencies Direct, do not respond. If you’re wary about an email or phone call, email email@example.com.
What do customers say about Currencies Direct?
Currencies Direct gets an “excellent” rating on TrustPilot, with customers praising its friendly and efficient service. And the overwhelming majority of reviews on feefo are 5 stars.