Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee credit card with high cash back on dining and entertainment purchases and at grocery stores.
finder.com’s rating: 4.3 / 5
- Get this card if you spend most on dining and entertainment.
- Pick something else if you want higher cash back on other categories.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 5%
Intro purchase APR
for the first 15 months (then 15.49% or 25.49% variable)
|Welcome Offer||$250 after spending $500 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||5% cash back on Uber Eats, 3% on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 15 months (then 15.49% or 25.49% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||15.49% or 25.49% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card comes with a $0 annual fee, a $250 signup bonus and 3% cash back on dining and entertainment purchases, and 5% cash back on Uber Eats until January 31, 2021. You’ll also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores. This is a solid set of rewards, considering the card has no annual fee.
In addition, you get to use 15 months of 0% intro APR period on purchases, which can be handy if you’re looking to make a large purchase and carry the balance without interest.
Overall, all these cool perks make the Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card worth considering.
How to apply for the Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
How long will it take to get my Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card?
Capital One usually makes a decision in less than a minute. If they require additional information, you’ll get an email or a letter within 7 to 10 business days.
Upon approval, your card, your welcome materials and your credit line should arrive in seven to 10 business days.
- Cash back. Earn unlimited 3% back on dining and entertainment, 5% back on Uber Eats until January 31, 2021, 2% back at grocery stores and 1% back on everything else you buy. Redeem your earnings as a statement credit or a check. Grocery purchases from gas stations, super stores, discount stores and convenience stores earn 1% back.
- Signup bonus. Get a $250 bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of card membership. This is relatively easy to obtain, and the amount is similar to offers from competing credit cards.
- No annual fee. The cash back you earn is a pure reward since you don’t have to pay an annual fee for the card.
- Intro APR period. Enjoy a 0% intro APR for 15 months from your account opening on purchases. After that your APR reverts to a variable 15.49% or 25.49%.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card freely when traveling abroad without incurring any foreign transaction fees. Other cards have up to 3% fee of the amount of each transaction made outside of the US. That’s a possible savings of up to $90 for spending $3,000 annually on purchases made abroad.
- Card protection. Get security and protection tools like locking your card, zero liability fraud coverage, account alerts, account monitoring and emergency replacement card.
- Price protection. If you bought an item and then found a lower price within 120 days, you could be reimbursed for the difference.
- No penalty APR. For any late payments you’ll pay a one-time fee instead of paying a penalty APR that last indefinitely.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card?
Eeryone’s spending habits are different. But with spending on dining, entertainment and groceries, you’ll boost your cashback rewards. In the table below, we have an example of how much cash back you can earn in one year if you spend $13,000 with this card.
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
Let’s say your annual spending resembles the example above. In this case, you would earn $250 in cash back in a year. And if you clear the signup bonus, you’ll earn a total of $400 for the first year.
How to earn 5% cash back on Uber Eats
- Create an Uber Eats account or log in if you have one.
- Set your Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card as a payment method.
- Order your food.
- Earn 5% cash back within one or two billing cycles.
What to watch out for
- Minimum credit line. Your credit line depends on multiple factors, but when you apply for this card, know that you won’t get a lower credit line than $1,000. This is relatively low compared to the minimum credit line you get with the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card of $5,000.
- Potentially high APR. Your APR mostly depends on your creditworthiness. A low score could get you a variable APR of up to 25.49%. Avoid paying the high interest by paying your balance when due.
- Balance transfer limitations. Request a transfer after you open your account. Know that Capital One determines balance transfer eligibility of your account and you may not always be eligible to make transfers.
Compare dining rewards cards
Compare Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card with other cards
What should I know before I apply?
You must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen to apply for this card.
Also, in the application form you’ll need to provide the following:
- Your full name and contact information.
- Date of birth and Social Security number.
- Employment information and annual income.
- Monthly housing and card spending.
At the end of your application, you can select to receive your further communication in English or Spanish.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card reviews and complaints.
Satisfied card members love the cashback rates they get on dining, entertainment and grocery stores. There’s also a large number of customers who are happy with the size of the credit line they received.
Customers mostly complain about the high APR rates that come with the card. But you could avoid this by paying your balance on time.
As of October 2020, Capital One earns an A rating from the Better Business Bureau, which accredited the bank since 1995.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the Capital One mobile app. Use the app to activate your card, to send money with Zelle, to redeem rewards, transfer money and more.
- Avoid interest and fees. Your due date is 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. To avoid paying a late payment fee of up to $40 and the high APR once the intro period passes, pay your balance before its due.
- Customer service. For questions, reach out to Capital One credit card customer service at 800-227-4825.
How do I redeem rewards from Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card?
Redeem your cash back as a statement credit or a check. If you prefer to receive your rewards automatically, set up your redemption preference for either:
- A set time each calendar year.
- When your spending reaches $25, $50, $100 or $200.
To set up your automatic preference, log in to your online account or call the Rewards Center at 800-228-3001. If you don’t set up any redemption preference, you’ll get your cash back when you ask.
This can be an excellent card if you mostly spend your money on dining, entertainment purchases or at grocery stores where you’ll earn the highest cash back. You’ll get a long intro APR period on purchases, and you won’t pay an annual fee.
However, if you think you might do better with a different card, check out other credit cards and compare your options.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.