Earn 1x points on everyday spending, and get 0% APR for 18 billing cycles on balance transfers.
- Get this card if you want excellent rewards in everyday-spending categories
- Pick something else if you want 0% APR for purchases and balance transfers, try a different card such as the Santander® Ultimate Cash Back® Credit Card.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
|Product Name||Bravo® Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||$0 annual fee for the first year ($49 thereafter)|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 18 billing cycles (then 17.24% to 24.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% or $10 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 100 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1 points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
The Bravo® Credit Card is most attractive for its rewards. You’ll earn 3x points on supermarket, restaurant and gas station purchases, on up to 15,000 in spending each quarter. That’s a much higher cap than most other cards offer.
With such good rewards, of course you’ll pay an annual fee of $49 starting the second year. Because of that, this card is probably a good pick only if you have a high volume of spending in everyday purchases.
INTRO APR:0% on balance transfers for 18 billing cycles. For a card that offers 0% intro APR and rewards, try the Sphere® Credit Card.
Earn up to 1x points.
Here are the points you’ll earn from the Bravo® Credit Card:
- 3x points on supermarket, gas station and restaurant purchases. Up to 15,000 points per calendar quarter.
- 1x points on all other purchases.
You can earn 1x points on up to $5,000 in spending each quarter. That’s an impressive given that other cards cap your bonus-point spending at around $1,500 to $2,000. Just remember the card’s annual fee may eat into your earnings.
SIGNUP BONUS:$100 cash back.
When you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days, you’ll earn $100 bonus cash back. Redeem it as statement credit.
You’ll also like…
- $49 annual fee for the first year. When you open your card, you’ll pay $0 annual fee for the first year.
- No over-the-credit-limit fee.
- Get a Debit Mastercard from Santander Bank.
- No over-the-credit-limit fee.
- Instant Card Hold. If you think you’ve lost your card, call Santander to place a temporary hold on it. This will block most transactions on your card.
Compare rewards credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
Starting the second year, you’ll pay an annual fee of $49.
This fee is waived if you have a Santander Select or Santander Premier Plus Checking account. These are Santander’s upper-tier checking accounts, and they come with high monthly fees.
Potentially high APR.
If you have a weaker credit history, you may be given an interest rate up to 24.24%. That’s high, considering the average APR is around 16%.
Santander may apply a penalty APR of 31.74% to your account if you:
- Miss a payment.
- Pay late.
- Make a payment that is returned.The penalty APR applies until you make six consecutive on-time payments.A penalty APR is never fun, and it increases the consequences of slipping up on payments.There are plenty of banks that don’t charge penalty APRs.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the Bravo® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old. The card is available only to customers in these states:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the Bravo® Credit Card
1. Go to the Santander website and click Apply Now.
2. Select your state from the dropdown menu and enter your ZIP code.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, a credit card provider will make a decision on your application within 10 days. In some cases, your application may be approved immediately.
If there are issues with your application, you may need to wait up to a few weeks to hear back.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at the Santander website, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of at least 21 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with fees of up to $35 per infraction.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, call Santander at 877-768-2265.
If you spend a lot on everyday purchases, the Bravo® Credit Card may be a great pick. It offers a strong 3x points on supermarket, gas station and restaurant purchases, and its bonus-point cap is high.
If you’re looking for a great balance transfer promotion, the Bravo® Credit Card delivers: It offers 0% APR for 18 billing cycles.
However, if you want to compare your options before deciding on a particular card, visit our guide to rewards credit cards.
Frequently asked questions