Sam's Club Credit Card
Earn accelerated cash back on gas, dining and travel purchases.
- Get this card if you often shop at Sam’s Club.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period and a better signup bonus.
- Apply if you have a fair to good credit score of 580 or higher.
Up to 5%
17.15% to 25.15%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Product Name||Sam's Club Credit Card|
|Purchase APR||17.15% to 25.15% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Cash advance rate||17.15% to 25.15% variable|
|Cash advance fee||$5 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
|Interest free period||Up to 23 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $38|
Sam’s Club members can apply for the Sam's Club Credit Card, which comes with a capped 5% cash back on gas and uncapped 3% cash back on dining and travel purchases. If you’re not a member, you can apply fast and easy online. When you log in to your account, simply apply for the Sam's Club Credit Card.
The card also comes with a signup bonus, which is enough to help you cover your first year Select Club Sam’s Club membership fee. All you have to do is make an eligible purchase on the same day you open your account. Ninety days later the bonus should be credited to your account.
- Cash back. Earn 5% cash back on eligible gas purchases in the US and Puerto Rico, including gas purchases at Sam’s Club and Walmart fuel stations, up to $6,000 annually. After that, your rate drops to 1% cash back, which is also the rate you earn on everything else except dining and travel. The latter earns 3% cash back.
- Signup bonus. Get $45 in statement credit when you open your account online and make your first purchase on the same day of $45 or more. The offer expires on January 15, 2020.
- No foreign transaction fees. If you travel abroad, use the card freely and you’ll pay nothing in foreign transaction fees.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee for the card, but you still need Sam’s Club membership to be able to apply and use the card.
What to watch out for
- Membership fee. The Sam's Club Credit Card is only available to Sam’s Club members, which starts at a $45 annual fee. However, you can offset your first year’s membership fee with the current signup bonus.
- Limited redemption options. This card allows you to redeem your earnings as cash or for Sam’s Club credits.
- Maximum cash back limit. The maximum amount of cash back you can earn with this card is $5,000. But that’s still too high for most cardmembers as you’ll need to spend six figures annually to reach it.
This could be a card worth considering if you’re a Sam’s Club member who spends up to $6,000 annually on gas at Sam’s Club and Walmart fuel stations.
However, you may not have as many redemption options as with similar cards. Also, other gas reward credit cards could offer you the same rewards rate without annual or membership fees.