Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card review
Earn up to 15% back in the form of store reward coupons.
- Get this card if you want to save money on Sally Beauty purchases.
- Pick something else if you want a credit card you can use everywhere.
- Apply with any credit score.
Up to 12.5x
Purchase APR (variable)
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
With each mark worth one cent, you basically get 12.5% back in the form of reward coupons to use toward your next purchase at the store. This means annual spending of $1,000 at the store gets you $125 back in reward coupons.
Other credit card benefits include a small welcome offer, gifts each year and free shipping with no minimum. This isn’t bad for a no-annual-fee card. But other store cards typically offer better perks, including promotional interest-free periods, a feature the Sally Beauty card lacks.
Despite its shortcomings, the Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card is worth considering for all Sally Beauty regulars. Note, you can only use this card at Sally Beauty stores.
How to apply for the Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card
Applying for the card is simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the Sally Beauty website.
- Click Credit card at the top of the page.
- Click Apply now on the next page.
- If you’re a member, log in.
- If you’re not a member, register for a membership.
- You will be automatically redirected to the credit card application page.
- Fill out the application.
- Review the application and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Sally Beauty doesn’t state a specific credit score necessary to apply, but, as with most store cards, people with any score are likely to get approved.Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card benefits
- Signup bonus. Get $20 off when you make a purchase of $50 or more at the time you open your credit card account. You also get 20% off on your next Sally Beauty purchase, but you have to receive this offer in your email first.
- Rewards. Earn 2.5x beauty marks on your Sally Beauty purchases in addition to the 10x marks you already earn as a Sally Beauty member. Those who spend more than $200 each year on Sally Beauty purchases become elite members and instead of 10x marks, earn 12.5x marks. One Sally Beauty mark is worth one cent.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee for the life of the card.
- Free shipping. Get free shipping on Sally Beauty purchases with no spending minimum.
- Gifts. Get a $10 gift in the month of your birthday and a surprise gift on your credit card anniversary.
What to watch out for
- High-interest rates. Regardless of your credit score, all cardholders will get the same APR of 25.99% variable. This is high considering you can get an APR of around 16% with other credit cards if you have a good credit score or higher.
- Can’t use the card elsewhere. You can only use this credit card to make purchases at Sally Beauty.
- Limited redemption. Once you reach a minimum of 500 marks (worth $5), Sally Beauty will send you a reward coupon by email. You can only get coupons in denominations of $5, $10, $15 or $20.
- Reward coupons expire. Unused reward coupons expire after 60 days. Make sure to use them before the expiry date is up.
- No intro APR period. Most store credit cards let you make purchases without interest for a certain period of time. However, this is not a benefit you’ll get with this card.
Compare store credit cards
Sally Beauty regulars now have the chance to earn generous discounts on their in-store purchases. With the Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card and your Sally Beauty membership, you can get either 12.5 or 15% back on your purchases in the form of beauty marks. You get reward coupons for the marks, which you can use at Sally Beauty.
Keep in mind, you can only use the card at the store. If you’re looking for another card to fit your shopping needs, compare other store credit cards.