These romantic getaways are the perfect place to relax, unwind and revel in your lover’s company. We compared dozens of places around the world to come up with this list, which includes hotels and resorts known for going above and beyond to deliver a true honeymoon feeling. Splurge for a romance package for over-the-moon perks like champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, butler service, rose petals and more.
Bungalows Key Largo
Where? Key West, Florida
Are you in the mood for love and an all-inclusive Caribbean getaway … in the US? Allow us to introduce you to Bungalows in Key West, where you and your lover can retreat to the privacy of a waterfront hideaway with the glitzy amenities of a 5-star resort.
Lounge on the secluded porch and soak beneath the sun in the veranda tub. Top-shelf liquor and wine are included, complete with a sommelier.
Check availabilityBook flights to Key West
- Adults only (21+)
- Complimentary poolside refreshments
- Babymoons, honeymoons, weddings and elopements
- Three-night Romance packages include:
- Rose petals upon arrival
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- A bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- $200 spa credit
- $200 water sports credit
- 5-star hotel
Post Ranch Inn
Where? Big Sur, California
The privacy of majestic redwoods. The soothing sounds of salty Pacific Ocean waves. A wood-burning fireplace, and the comfort of your lover.
Post Ranch Inn practically grows out of the cliffs onto which it’s built. Stunning scenery and the magic of organic architecture deliver a totally zen, totally private romantic getaway.
Float in the infinity pool, attend meditation classes or pamper yourselves at the ultra-luxe spa. At night, we recommend dining at the award-winning Sierra Mar restaurant, then returning to your room for some good old-fashioned stargazing. The panoramic views are guaranteed to take your breath away.
Check availabilityBook flights to San Jose
- 5-star hotel
- Its three-night Romance at the Ranch package includes:
- two four-course dinners at Sierra Mar
- two one-hour massages in your room, daily breakfast
- champagne and crystal flutes
- all amenities, from guided nature walks to yoga classes
Black Star Farms
Where? Suttons Bay, Michigan
The Midwest is often overlooked when it comes to romance, but couples who feel coziest in bed-and-breakfast-style accommodations will practically melt into the warm hospitality of Black Star Inn. Enjoy farm-fresh breakfast, a nightly tour with complimentary wine and hors d’oeuvres, a bottle of house-made wine and an all-included tasting at its very own Barrel Room.
Cuddle up in the lounge or library, or embark on wandering hikes through the gorgeous 16-acre estate.
Check availabilityBook flights to Michigan
- Located on the Leelanau Peninsula
- See horses and farm animals on the premises
- Member of the elite B&B Select Registry
Where? Tulum, Mexico
A sprawling tree house complex with a nod to ancient Mayan traditions, Azulik also happens to be completely luxurious. There’s no air conditioning, television, Wi-Fi or electric light, allowing you and your partner to fall in sync with each other — and the timeless heartbeat of our planet.
Stay in a jungle villa nestled deep in emerald green wilderness, a sea villa perched on the Caribbean coast or elsewhere on the rambling Mexican resort.
Check availabilityBook flights to Tulum
- Contemporary art museum
- Fine dining fused with Indigenous traditions
- 5-star hotel
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Where? Lake Como, Italy
If your style is more art nouveau than beach cottage, you’ll fall in love with Grand Hotel Tremezzo. It’s perched on the shores of Lake Como with splendid views of the Bellagio and Grigne mountains.
Spend your days wandering hand-in-hand through the lush private gardens, sunbathing on the private beach or wandering through the quintessentially Italian villages nearby. Indulge in the finest of wines, learn to cook the local cuisine and tour the exclusive vineyards of legendary Nino Negri.
Check availabilityBook flights to Lake Como
- Rent a boat or tour the lake with a guide
- Painting classes, cooking classes and photography outings
- Seven golf courses nearby
- 5-star hotel
Archontariki of Patmos
Where? Patmos, Greece
This ultimate romantic Grecian getaway is so secluded that the only way to get there is by boat, traversing the captivating Aegean Sea to reach your stone-arched destination.
The beautiful island is said to be where St. John the Theologian wrote the book of Revelation — over 1,900 years ago. Live your own love story within the walls of a 400-year-old mansion, with ceramic-tiled passageways lit by hanging lanterns.
Check availabilityBook flights to Greece
- A small hotel with only five suites
- Authentic cultural experience
- 4-star hotel
Where? Taupo, New Zealand
Dubbed as the best place to vacation in New Zealand by many travelers, Huka Lodge is one part gorgeous scenery — rolling lawns, a sparkling river and brilliant blue lake — and one part easygoing 5-star hospitality.
It was founded as a simple fishing village in the 1920s, but today Huka Lodge is a luxury resort that caters to nature lovers and couples in need of incandescent romantic getaways.
Check availabilityBook flights to New Zealand
- 5-star resort
- Two-night Escape together package includes:
- One bottle of New Zealand wine
- Private five-course dinners with pre-dinner drinks and canapés
- Private breakfast
- Cruise or guided hike
- Two massages or facials
- Goodie bag with souvenirs
- Fresh-baked Vistandine almond cake
- Other packages include Foraging, Art Lovers, Fly Fishing and more.
How we chose these romantic getaways
We looked for hotels, resorts and inns that actively cultivate a relaxed, secluded environment, with gorgeous views and one-of-a-kind accommodations. We focused on getaways in scenic and culturally-rich destinations where couples can recharge and reconnect — without urban distractions or big-city stressors.
While we favored romantic getaways, we also looked for accommodations that are known to deliver the highest value for the price — weighing amenities, inclusions and the novelty of each experience.
Additionally, we sought out customer reviews on travel websites and personal travel blogs, considering first-person experiences and each location’s overall reputation for hosting totally romantic getaways.
How do I find romantic getaways near me?
Vacation time can be hard to come by, even for lovebirds. Here’s what we recommend if you’re looking for romantic getaways close to home:
- Search for local bed-and-breakfasts. Most B&Bs offer romantic packages — perfect if you simply need to escape for a night or two. Many are located in small towns that offer delightful main street strolling and meandering paths for intimate nature walks.
- Look for cabins, inns and boutique hotels. Instead of staying in a chain hotel, look for independently-owned accommodations. These tend to have more personality, and many are located in off-the-beaten-path destinations — a dream for honeymooning couples.
- Choose a romantic destination, then browse Airbnbs or vacation homes. For romantic getaways, the geographic location matters as much as the actual accommodations — if not more. Pull out a map (fine, open Google Maps) and look for the nearest body of water. Once you’ve pinpointed a green-and-blue oasis, look for a rental property or Airbnb in the area. You definitely don’t need to stay in a 5-star resort to score stunning views.
Top deals for romantic travel
Sometimes, romance can be lost at home. We’re pointing at you, endless piles of dirty laundry! These getaways offer seclusion and heart-racing views — the perfect backdrop to stoke desire and rekindle your love.
If you do decide to indulge in one of these romantic getaways, use our flight search tool to book the cheapest or most efficient transport from here to there.