Riviera river cruise ships
Riviera’s ships each hold fewer than 200 passengers and have expansive sun decks for stretching out and catching rays. Some of its vessels are topped off with pools and hot tubs.
Most of Riviera’s cruise ships are named for writers that hailed from the UK and Ireland — like Jane Austen, Emily Brontë and Oscar Wilde. Accommodations are spacious and elegant, akin to what you’d find in a classy boutique hotel.
Riviera cruises begin in major European river port cities. Here’s where you can kickstart your trip:
- Baltimore, Barbados, Barcelona, Bermuda, Charleston, Copenhagen, Dover, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Honolulu, Jacksonville, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Mobile, New Orleans, New York City, Norfolk, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Francisco, San Juan, Tampa, Tampa/St.Petersburg, Vancouver, Venice
Riviera cruises along the main rivers in Europe, including:
- Dutch Waterways
Here’s a quick list of the places it can take you:
- Alaska, Bahamas, Baja Mexico, Canada and New England, Eastern Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal, Southern Caribbean, Transatlantic, Western Caribbean
It also has themed Christmas market and New Year’s river cruises along the Rhine and Danube.
What’s included on my Riviera river cruise?
Accommodations, meals and onboard entertainment are all included in your Riviera river cruise fare. It also covers shore excursions, guided tours at each port and Wi-Fi when available.
You’ll pay extra for alcoholic drinks and specialty coffee and tea. Gratuities aren’t included in the fare, though these are at your discretion and won’t be automatically charged to your shipboard account. If you’re happy with the service, Riviera recommends tipping around €5 to €10 per day. You can put the money into an envelope and drop it off at reception before exiting the ship.
How much are drink packages on Riviera river cruises?
If you’d rather pay for drinks up front, you can buy a package that includes your choice of beer and wine with dinner, along with soft drinks and juice. Here’s how much it costs:
- 5-day cruises: $99 per person
- 6-day cruises: $109 per person
- 8-day cruises: $159 per person
- 15-day cruises: $299 per person
Call the reservation team in advance to add a drink package to your cruise.
Why you should (or shouldn’t) cruise with Riviera river cruises
Riviera River Cruises offers a comfortable and pleasant way to visit multiple cities in Europe. Still, consider the benefits and drawbacks before booking:
- Known for top-notch service
- Excellent shore excursions
- Food is generally delicious, according to online reviews
- Comfortable cabins with sophisticated amenities
- You can’t book a Riviera cruise online — call to inquire about dates and prices.
- Onboard entertainment can be lacking.
- Only one seating for dinner service
Still on the fence about Riviera River Cruises? Compare it with Avalon Waterways and Tauck.
Frequently asked questions