Support a worthwhile cause and earn cash back on your purchases.
- Get this card if you want to earn cash back while supporting the World Wildlife Fund.
- Pick something else if you want to support another organization or if you want to earn higher cash back on other categories.
- Apply with good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
|Product Name||World Wildlife Fund Credit Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||15.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 12 statement closing dates (then 15.24% to 25.24% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 statement closing dates (then 15.24% to 25.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||18.24% to 27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
If you take pride in supporting the world’s leading conservation organization, the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card could be what you’re looking for. This rewards card donates a flat dollar amount to WWF on account opening and on each account anniversary as well as a percentage of all net retail purchases made with the card.
Also, you get to earn accelerated cash back on gas, groceries and purchases made at wholesale clubs. Aside from that, you can save money with a long intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers, and you can get a generous signup bonus, which is relatively easy to obtain.
Support a cause you love.
Bank of America donates $3 to the World Wildlife Fund when you open your account and on each card anniversary. It also donates 0.08% of all net retail purchases made with this card. That’s $12 for $15,000 spent.
Earn 3% cash back on gas purchases and 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs for the first $2,500 in combined purchases each quarter. After you reach the $2,500 mark, you’ll earn 1% cash back for the remainder of that quarter. For all other purchases, you earn 1% cash back.
Get a $200 online cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in the first 90 days from opening your account. This is a solid bonus, considering other cashback cards offer between $100 and $150.
10% customer bonus.
When you deposit your rewards into a Bank of America account or an eligible Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management cash management account, get a 10% bonus. That means if you redeem $200 as cash rewards, the bank deposits $220.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card?
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
If your annual spending resembles the example above, you would earn $245 per year. With the signup bonus, your rewards for the first year could reach $445.
Bank of America lets you earn cashback bonus in two ways:
- Redeem your cash back to your Bank of America checking or savings account and earn 10% more. For a $245, you would earn $269.50.
- Enroll in the Preferred Rewards program and turn your $245 between $306 and $428.
You’ll also like …
Intro APR period.
Save interest on purchases and balance transfers with a 0% intro APR that extends throughout the first 12 statement closing dates following your account opening. After the intro period passes, a variable APR of 15.24% to 25.24% will apply.
No annual fee.
Pay no fee to show your support for WWF over the life of the card.
Increase your customer bonus to 25% to 75% with this three-tiered program that includes free ATM transactions, money market savings, priority client service and no fees on select banking services.
Enhanced security and protection.
Use this card at chip-enabled terminals in more than 130 countries without worry. It also comes with a $0 liability guarantee to protect you from fraudulent transactions.
What to watch out for
Foreign transaction fees.
Using your card outside of the US will cost you 3% of the amount of each transaction. If you’re not careful it can quickly add up when traveling.
Quarterly cap on cashback rewards.
You’ll earn high cash back on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs on up to $2,500 in purchases every three months. After reaching the cap, you’ll earn 1% back for the remainder of the quarter.
Balance transfer limitations.
To use the intro APR period on balance transfers, you must complete all transactions within the first 60 days of card membership.
With a single late payment, you’ll pay up to $38 fee and you’ll incur a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable. Once you get the penalty APR it may last indefinitely.
Will I get a Visa Signature® or a Platinum Plus® card?
This depends on your approved credit line.
- Credit line below $5,000 will get you the Platinum Plus® card.
- Credit line equal to or higher than $5,000 will get you the Visa Signature® card.
The difference between the two accounts is that some benefits may not be available to the Platinum account. Also, the coverage amounts will vary between accounts.
Consider other cards if …
You want to support another worthwhile cause.
You can check out other charity cards and pick the one you would like to support. Some of these charity cards also offer rewards.
You spend more on groceries.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express lets you earn 6% back on at US supermarkets up to $6,000 annually, after that you earn 1% back. Furthermore, you earn 3% back at US gas stations and select US department stores and 1% back on everything else you buy.
You want to earn uncapped cash back.
You can get 2% back on everything you buy with the Citi® Double Cash Card or the PayPal Cashback Mastercard. Also, with the Citi card, you’ll get one of the longest intro APR periods on balance transfers.
- Your full name, address and contact information.
- Employment status and annual income.
- Monthly housing payments and liquid assets.
Compare cash back credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
Apply for the card if you’re a US citizen and at least 18 years old.
You’ll need to provide the following information when applying:
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval when you apply with a credit score of 680 or higher.
What do customers say about the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card?
Customers like the cashback rates and they love the chance to help the World Wildlife Fund. Some customers would prefer if the card offered larger donations to the WWF, but to donate more you can always do so directly to the fund.
Bank of America is rated A+ from the Better Business Bureau, which has also accredited the bank since 1949.
How to apply for the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
- Look for the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card on Bank of America’s site, and click Apply now.
- Provide the required personal and financial information.
- Make sure that your information is correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my World Wildlife Fund Credit Card?
Bank of America uses an online conditional approval system, so you’ll typically get a response in as little as 60 seconds. If additional information is required, it may take up to a few weeks.
Once approved, you’ll typically get your card within 7 to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the Bank of America Mobile Banking app. With the app, you can activate your card, make payments, send money with Zelle and more.
- Enroll in the optional Preferred Rewards program. You can earn more cash back on your purchases if you enroll in the program by opening a personal checking account with Bank of America and keeping an average balance of $20,000 in a Bank of America banking account or Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
- Enroll in Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay. Once enrolled, you can use your phone to make credit card payments.
- Avoid interest and fees. Try to pay your balance on time. Otherwise, you’ll pay a late payment fee of up to $38 and you’ll end up with a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable.
- Customer service. For any questions you may have, call 1-800-732-9194. You can also reach Bank of America customer support using your mobile app or on the BoA website.
How do I redeem rewards from World Wildlife Fund Credit Card?
Redeem your cash back once you reach $25 as a:
- Statement credit.
- Deposit into a Bank of America checking or savings account.
- Deposit into an eligible cash management account with Merrill Lynch Wealth Management or Merrill Edge.
Get bonus cash back
Cash back redeemed into your Bank of America checking or savings account or into an eligible cash management account with Merrill Lynch Wealth Management or Merrill Edge will earn you a 10% bonus at the time of redemption. This means cash back of $200 will become $220.
Also, if you become a Preferred Rewards client, you can get between 25% and 75% more cash back. Enrollment requires:
- Bank of America personal checking account.
- A three-month combined balances averaging $20,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts or Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
If you appreciate the World Wildlife Fund’s work toward wilderness protection and the reduction of humanity’s footprint on the environment, this rewards card could be ideal. You’ll contribute to a worthy cause and earn cash back on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs.
In addition, you’ll get a generous signup bonus and a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, all without paying an annual fee.