Support a worthwhile cause by using this no-annual-fee cash back card — with 0% intro APR on purchases and transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates.
- Get this card if… you want to earn cash back while supporting the worthwhile World Wildlife Fund.
- Pick something else if…you want to support another organization or need a more flexible rewards credit card.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher recommended.
|Product Name||World Wildlife Fund Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first 12 statement closing dates (with whichever is greater, $10 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.24% to 26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
The World Wildlife Fund BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa offered by Bank of America is an easy way to show support for the preservation of wildlife. Use this no-fee card to earn 3% cash back at gas stations, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases for the first $2,500 in combined purchases each quarter. Save more with a generous 0% intro APR offer on purchases and balance transfers for your first 12 statement closing dates and an additional $150 online cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in the first 90 days.
If you take pride in supporting the world’s leading conservation organization, the World Wildlife Fund BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa could be what you’re looking for. This no-annual-fee rewards card donates $3 to WWF on account opening and on each account anniversary as well as 0.08% of all net retail purchases made with the card.
You’re also eligible for benefits that include up to 3% cash back on your spending across gas, groceries and everyday purchases, with many ways to redeem your rewards.
- Support a cause you love. Bank of America donates $3 to the World Wildlife Fund when you open your account and on each anniversary. It also donates 0.08% of all net retail purchases made with this card.
- $150 signup bonus. Get a $150 online cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in the first 90 days from opening your account.
- Cash back rewards. Earn 3% cash back on gas purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on everything else for the first $2,500 in combined purchases each quarter. After you reach the $2,500 mark, you’ll earn 1% cash back for the remainder of that quarter.
- Multiple rewards redemption options. Redeem as little as $25 as a statement credit, a check, electronic deposit into a BofA checking or savings account or to contribute to an eligible cash management account with Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
- 10% customer bonus. When you deposit your rewards into a BofA account or an eligible Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management cash management account, get a 10% customer bonus. That means that if you redeem $100 as cash rewards, the bank deposits $110.
You’ll also like …
- 0% intro APR. Save interest on purchases and balance transfers with a 0% intro APR that extends throughout your first 12 statement closing dates. Offer applies on balance transfers made within 60 days of account opening.
- $0 p.a. annual fee. Pay no fee to show your support for WWF over the life of the card.
- Preferred Rewards. Increase your customer bonus to 25% -75% with this three-tiered program that includes free ATM transactions, money market savings, priority client service and no fees on select banking services.
- Enhanced security and protection. Use this card at chip-enabled terminals in more than 130 countries without worry. It also comes with a $0 liability guarantee to protect you from fraudulent transactions.
What to watch out for
- Foreign transaction fees. You’ll pay a fee equal to 3% of each transaction outside of the US — which can quickly add up when traveling.
- Balance transfer fee. You won’t pay interest for a year on balance transfers made in the first 60 days, but you will pay whichever is greater, $10 or 3. This means that you could pay $60 in fees for a $2,000 transfer.
- Stiff penalties. Fees for late payments can soar to $38 for each incident, and you could also be on the hook for a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable. Returned payments come fees of up to $27.00.
Consider other cards if …
- You’re looking to support another worthwhile cause. Bank of America offers similar cards that support a wide variety of causes and pastimes.
- You’re looking for more targeted rewards. You might want to consider other travel rewards, hotel perks or gas rewards cards out there.
- You have poor credit. To build or rebuild your credit with your spending, look into cards that are available for those with imperfect credit.
What to know before you apply
Apply for the World Wildlife Fund BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
The probability of your application’s approval increases if your credit score is 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. Look for the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card on Bank of America’s site, and click Apply Now.
2. Provide the required personal and financial information. Click Review your information.
3. Make sure that your information is correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Bank of America uses an online conditional approval system, so you’ll typically get a response in as little as 60 seconds.
I got the card. Now what?
- Keep track of your spending. Sign up with Bank of America’s online banking to monitor your account activity and to pay your credit card bill.
- Avoid interest. You’ll start paying interest on all outstanding balances after your intro APR offer expires, and you’ll begin accumulating interest on cash advances immediately.
- Avoid fees. You’ll pay fees of up to $38 for late and returned payments, as well as fees per balance transfers.
- Customer service. For support, use BofA’s Ask Jenn online or call 800-732-9194. Connect with BofA on Facebook or on Twitter @BankofAmerica.
If you appreciate the World Wildlife Fund’s work toward wilderness protection and the reduction of humanity’s footprint on the environment, this rewards card could be ideal. You’ll contribute to a worthy cause and earn valuable cash back on gas, groceries and more.