A cashback card with accelerated earnings at gas stations, grocery stores and wholesale clubs.
- Get this card if you mostly spend on gas and groceries.
- Pick something else if you want higher cash back.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card|
|Annual Fee||See terms|
|Purchase APR||15.49% to 25.49% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR||0% for the first 12 statement closing dates (then 15.49% to 25.49% variable)|
|Balance Transfer APR||15.49% to 25.49% variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||for the first 12 statement closing dates (then 15.49% to 25.49% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||18.49% to 27.49% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $38|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $27|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||$200 back after making at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||3% back on gas, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs up to $2,500 in combined purchases per quarter, then 1% after that and on all other purchases|
|Base Rewards||1% cash back|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
This is a simple credit card that lets you earn high cash back on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs without paying an annual fee. With a Preferred Rewards membership, you can earn up to 75% more cash back, and if you redeem your rewards into your Bank of America checking or savings account, you’ll earn 10% on top of the regular cashback rate.
If you plan on making a large purchase or if you’re stuck paying high APR on another card, use the long intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers and save money on interest.
A cashback card with similar categories
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Cash back.
Get 3% back on gas and 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs up to $2,500 in combined purchases per quarter. After reaching the cap, you earn 1% back on these categories — which is also the rate you earn on all other purchases.
- 10% redemption bonus.
Redeem your cash back into an eligible Bank of America banking or Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management account to get a 10% bonus on your reward. For instance, redeem $150 as cash back rewards into an eligible account and see a bumped-up $165 deposited.
- Signup bonus.
Get a $200 online cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of card membership. Compared to similar cards, which generally offer between $100 and $150, this is a generous signup bonus.
- No annual fee.
Enjoy all the benefits this card offers without paying an annual fee.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa®?
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
Suppose your annual spending is similar to our example and you don’t reach $2,500 in combined spending for the first three categories during any one quarter, you would earn $220 per year. If you clear the signup bonus, your total rewards for the first year would be $420. And if you constantly redeem your rewards to your Bank of America checking or savings account, you would earn $242.
As a Preferred Rewards client, your $220 cash back can turn between $275 and $385.
You’ll also like …
- Intro APR period.
Pay no interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates from your account opening. After that, your APR will be 15.49% to 25.49% variable.
- Digital wallet.
Add your card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay and simplify your payment process.
- Security and protection.
This chip-enabled card comes with a $0 liability guarantee that protects you against fraudulent transactions.
- Tiered rewards.
As a Bank of America Preferred Rewards customer, you can increase your cashback reward to 25% and even 75%, depending on your tier. You’ll also get free ATM transactions, money market savings, priority service and no fees on select banking products.
What to watch out for
- Foreign transaction fees.
Every time you use this card outside the US, you’ll pay a fee equal to 3% of the transaction.
- Quarterly cap on cashback rewards.
Your cashback rate on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs is capped to $2,500 in combined spending per quarter. If you spend more than $2,500 per quarter combined, you’ll earn 1%.
- Balance transfer limitations.
To use the intro APR period on balance transfers, you must complete your transfers within 60 days of your account opening.
- Penalty APR.
If you make a single late payment, you’ll pay a fee of up to $38 and you’ll incur a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable — which applies to your account indefinitely.
Visa Signature® or Platinum Plus® card?
If your approved credit line is lower than $5,000 — you’ll get a Platinum Plus® card.
If you get a credit line equal to or higher than $5,000 — you’ll get a Visa Signature® card.
The difference between the two accounts are the card benefits, such as coverage amounts. Some benefits may not be available to Platinum Plus® accounts.
Compare cashback cards
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card you must be a US citizen and at least 18 years old.
When filling out the application form, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and residential address.
- Phone number and email address.
- Employment status and annual income.
- Monthly housing payments and liquid assets.
What credit score do I need?
Your application stands a better chance of approval if your credit score is 670 or higher. A higher credit limit and lower APR are more likely if you apply with a score on the upper end of the scale.
What do customers say about the U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card?
Customers are happy with the cashback rates, and especially love the added 10% bonus when redeemed into a Bank of America savings or checking account.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates Bank of America with an A+ and they have accredited the bank since 1949. As of this writing there are just under 6,000 complaints on the BBB website, but none have gone unanswered or unresolved. Even if you run into an issue with your card, you’ll likely be able to contact the bank for assistance.
How to apply for the U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card
- Find the U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card on the Bank of America website. Click Apply now.
- Provide the necessary personal and financial information.
- Confirm that your information is correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card?
Bank of America can make a decision on your application within a minute. If additional information is required it could take up to a few weeks.
Once approved, expect your card to arrive within seven to 10 business days.
How do I redeem rewards from U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card?
When you reach $25 or more, log in to your online account and redeem your cash rewards for a:
- Statement credit.
- Deposit into a Bank of America checking or savings account.
- Deposit into an eligible cash management account with Merrill Lynch Wealth Management or Merrill Edge.
How do I get bonus cash back?
Redeem your cash back into a Bank of America checking or savings account or an eligible cash management account and get 10% bonus at the time of redemption. This makes $100 into $110.
You can also get between 25% and 75% more cash back by being a Preferred Rewards client. To enroll in this program, you need to have:
- Bank of America personal checking account.
- A three-month average combined balances of $20,000 or more in your Bank of America accounts or Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download Bank of America Mobile Banking app. Use the app to make payments or to send money with Zelle. You can also find special deals or contact support through the app and more.
- Enroll in the optional Preferred Rewards program. If you want to earn more cash back with the card, consider enrolling in the program by opening a personal checking account with Bank of America and having an average balance of $20,000 in a Bank of America banking account or Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
- Enroll in Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay. And use your phone to make credit card payments.
- Avoid interest and fees. Make sure you pay your balance on time to avoid late payment fees and a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable.
- Customer service. If you need any account-related information, call 800-732-9194 or reach Bank of America customer support through your mobile app.
This can be a solid card for you if you spend up to $900 every month on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs. Furthermore, you’ll get a long intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers and you’ll get a generous, easy-to-earn signup bonus. If you’re a Preferred Rewards member, you’ll earn even more cash back.
You can also check out other cashback cards and compare your options until you find the right card.