Get the bald eagle in your wallet to earn a signup bonus and cash back with no annual fees.
- Get this card if… you’re looking for a distinctly American card that offers cash back and no annual fees.
- Pick something else if…you want a more flexible rewards card.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850 recommended.
|Product Name||U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first 12 statement closing dates (with whichever is greater, $10 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.24% to 26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
This no-annual-fee card from Bank of America is clearly American: It’s emblazoned with the bald eagle and the Stars and Stripes. That doesn’t mean much for your spending or savings, however.
But the card does come with nice benefits like a $150 online cash rewards bonus if you spend $500 in the first 90 days and an intro 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates. You’re also rewarded with 3% cash back on gas, 2% cash back on groceries and 1% cash back for other purchases for your first $2,500 spent in combined purchases quarterly.
You can be one proud American with this card by letting your spending work for you. Earn 1% to 3% cash back across categories like everyday purchases, grocery stores and gas. The $150 online cash bonus can be yours when you spend $500 in the first 90 days of using your cards.
If you’re in the market for big purchases or transfers, you can save serious money with a 0% APR for your first 12 statement closing dates as a cardholder. No annual fee is an added perk.
- Signup bonus. Get a $150 online cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in the first 90 days as a cardholder.
- Cash back rewards. Earn 3% on gas purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases made with your card. Cash back rewards apply to the first $2,500 in combined purchases quarterly, after which you’ll earn 1% cash back on all purchases.
- Multiple ways to redeem. Redeem as little as $25 for cash back as a statement credit, a check or an electronic deposit into a Bank of America checking or savings account. You can also use your rewards to contribute to an eligible Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management cash management account.
- 10% redemption bonus. Redeem your cash back into an eligible Bank of America, Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management account to get a 10% bonus on your reward. For instance, redeem $150 as cash back rewards into an eligible account and see a bumped-up $165 deposited.
You’ll also like …
- Intro 0% APR. Pay no interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 statement closing dates from your account opening. Eligible balance transfers must be made within 60 days of approval.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay a fee to carry these Stars and Stripes.
- Tiered rewards. As a Bank of America Preferred Rewards customer, you can increase your customer reward to 25% and even 75%, depending on your tier. You’ll also get free ATM transactions, money market savings, priority service and no fees on select banking products.
- Security and protection. This chip-enabled card comes with a $0 liability guarantee that protects you against fraudulent transactions.
What to watch out for
- Quarterly cap on cash back rewards. While the cash back rewards are generous, they’re capped to $2,500 in combined spending per quarter. If you spend more than $2,500 per quarter combined, you’ll earn 1% on that incremental spending.
- 3% on foreign transactions. Use this card outside the US and pay a fee equal to 3% of each transaction in US dollars.
- Stiff penalties. Bank of America charges up to $38 as late payment fees and up to $27.00 as returned payment fees. Making a late payment can also lead to a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable, which can be hard to shake, even with responsible spending.
Consider other cards if …
- You travel overseas often. For a card you can save with globally, find a suitable no foreign transaction fee card instead.
- You want rewards flexibility. The U.S. Pride card comes with cash back, but you’ll find cards with greater flexibility in the form of airline rewards, hotel perks and retail awards.
What to know before you apply
Apply for U.S. Pride BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card if you’re:
- At least 18 years of age.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
Your application stands a better chance of approval if your credit score is 680 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. On the U.S. Pride BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card website, click Apply Now.
2. Provide the necessary personal and financial information. Click Review your information.
3. Confirm that your information is correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Bank of America’s online conditional approval system informs you of your application’s status almost immediately.
I got the card. Now what?
- Manage your account and payments. Register with Bank of America online to keep track of your spending and to make payments.
- Avoid interest. Cash advances attract interest from the day of your transaction. All other purchases accrue variable interest after 12 months.
- Avoid fees. Avoid unnecessary fees by making your payments on time and ensuring adequate funds in your bank account. Remember that balance transfers come with fees.
- Customer service. If you need any account-related information, call 800-732-9194 or turn to Bank of America’s Ask Jenn online platform. Or connect with BofA on Twitter @BofA_Help or Facebook @BankofAmerica.
Don’t let the all-American exterior fool you — this is a basic credit card, albeit one with no annual fee, a generous intro offer and rewards for your first $2,500 spent quarterly. Still, you may be able to find a card with at least 1.5% cash back on your spending with no cap on rewards.