Compare top rewards credit cards
You’ll get 3x points at supermarkets, 2x points for restaurant bills and 1x point for other eligible purchases. Redeem these points for discounts at AT&T, Macy’s, Enterprise, Hulu and more.
This card is a smart choice for grocery shoppers who want the maximum value for their spending. In addition to 3x points on all supermarket purchases, you can also enjoy 2x points on all restaurant bills and 1x point for all other eligible purchases.
- 0% intro APR. After 12 months, the APR reverts to a variable rate of 15.99% to 25.99% variable .
- Great value for supermarket purchases. Get 3x points for every dollar spent at grocery stores for redemption at any Plenti affiliate.
You’ll also like …
- 2x rewards points at restaurants
- 1x reward point everywhere else
- Third-party return protection, roadside assistance and express shipping
What to watch out for
While the card is a good deal if used responsibly, it comes with severe penalties and interest rates for late or returned payments. The rewards program also limits how many points you can accrue and where you can apply them.
- Annual fee. You’ll pay $0 p.a. a year to use this card.
- It hurts to pay late. Making late or returned payments could saddle you with a penalty APR as high as 29.99% You could also pay late and returned-payment fees as high as $38.
- Limit on supermarket points. After you reach $6,000 at supermarkets, your reward rate decreases to 1x point until year end.
- Limited redemption options. Use your points only at AT&T, BILO, Exxon, Harvey’s, Macy’s, Mobil, Rite Aid, Winn Dixie, Nation Wide, Chili’s, Direct Energy, Enterprise, Expedia and Hulu.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Plenti Credit Card by American Express, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A legal resident of the US.
You’ll need to submit personal and financial information that includes:
- Your full name and personal contact information.
- Proof of stable employment.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Plenti Credit Card by American Express if you apply with an excellent credit score of 700 or higher. You could get approved with credit scores as low as 700.
How to apply for the card
- Locate the Plenti Credit Card on the American Express website and click Apply Now.
- Complete the application and click Continue.
- Agree to the terms by clicking Agree & Submit Application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit approval is automated on the website, you may get a decision on your application within 60 seconds.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. Register your online account with American Express to pay your balance online.
- Setting up automatic payments. Never miss another payment again by enrolling in autopay.
- Avoiding interest payments. At the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $38. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. According to J.D. Power, cardholders give American Express high marks in customer service. Call