The Kohl’s Charge Card offers consistent store discounts and no annual fee.
- Get this card if… you shop at Kohl’s regularly.
- Pick something else if… you’re not a frequent Kohl’s shopper.
- Recommended fair to excellent credit range of 620 to 850.
|Product Name||Kohl's Credit Card|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
Kohl’s deploys multiple promotions to keep customers coming back, such as the Kohl’s Cash and Yes2You programs. The company also offers the Kohl’s Charge Card, which you can use only at its department stores and website.
Beyond offering fairly easy credit, the Kohl’s Charge Card is light on perks. However, it does bring heavy discounts to the table: You’ll get 25% off your first order and then another 15% when your card arrives in the mail. After that you’ll get 12 discount offers every year.
If you spend $600 or more in a year on your Kohl’s Charge Card, you’ll receive six more discounts per year. Of course, none of this means anything if you’re not a Kohl’s regular — but it’s probably music to your ears if you’re a loyal shopper at the store.
- SIGNUP BONUS: Initial discounts.
You’ll get an extra 25% off your first purchase on your Kohl’s Charge account. Also, get a 15% discount when you receive your card in the mail.
- MORE DISCOUNTS: Special offers throughout the year.
Each year, you’ll receive 12 discounts to apply to your purchases.
You’ll also like…
- Combine rewards with your Kohl’s Charge Card. Use Yes2You Rewards and Kohl’s Cash with your Kohl’s Charge discounts.
- Opportunity to become a Most Valued Customer. Spend at least $600 with your Kohl’s Charge Card, and you’ll become a Most Valued Customer (MVC). MVCs receive 18 or more discounts a year.
What to watch out for
- It hurts to pay late. Making late or returned payments could result in fees as high as $37.00.
- Penalty APR for late payments. If you pay late just once, you could be subject to a penalty APR of 26.49% variable.
- Limited acceptance. You can only use the card at Kohl’s stores and the Kohl’s website.
Consider other cards if…
- You’re not a frequent Kohl’s shopper. This card offers rewards in the form of Kohl’s discounts. If you don’t shop much at the store, consider a general credit card.
What should I know before I apply?
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for the Kohl’s Charge Card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Your total annual income and monthly housing payment
What credit score do I need?
Store cards typically have fairly lenient credit requirements. You’ll have a good chance of being approved with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher. However, you’ll likely be approved with a fair credit score of between 620 and 680.
How to apply for the Kohl’s Charge Card
1. Go to the Kohl’s website and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit card approval is automated on the website, you’ll often get a decision within 60 seconds. It may take a few weeks for your card to arrive. In the meantime, you can ask a Kohl’s associate for a temporary card.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. Go to the Kohl’s website and set up an account to pay your bill online. You can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoiding interest payments. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $37.
- Customer service. If you have questions, call the Kohl’s Charge Card customer service line at 855-564-5748.
The Kohl’s Charge Card isn’t packed with features, but it offers consistent store discounts throughout the year.
Compare Capital One Credit Cards