Review: Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card
A store credit card for the Hot Topic loyalist.
- Get this card if… you love shopping at Hot Topic.
- Pick something else if… you don’t shop at Hot Topic often.
If you’re a regular shopper at Hot Topic, you’ll like the Guest List Credit Card. It’s a store credit card with fun perks to keep you spending.
Up to 1x
Purchase APR (variable)
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, The Dallas Morning News, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order and expertly navigate the cutting-edge financial tools available -- including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
As you might expect, the Guest List card comes with perks that’ll encourage shopping at Hot Topic. For starters, you’ll get 15% off your first purchase. On every transaction afterwards, you’ll earn one point for every dollar you spend. You can score a $5 credit toward Hot Topic purchases for every 100 points you earn.
- SIGNUP BONUS: Get a 15% discount on your first purchase.
- POINTS: Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend.
You’ll also like…
- Instant rewards. For every 100 points you earn, you’ll collect a $5 credit toward Hot Topic purchases.
- Shipping discounts. Each year, you’ll receive two coupons for $20 off a purchase of $50 or more.
- Hot Topic perks. You’ll receive offers on your birthday and your card anniversary. Also enjoy early access to events and sales.
- Guest List VIP perks. After you’ve earned 500 points, you’ll attain Guest List VIP status. Earn 1.25 points per each dollar spent, get $2 standard shipping for all orders and access a dedicated customer service phone line when you need help.
What to watch out for
- High interest rate. The Hot Topic card comes with a high 26.49% variable APR, so consider paying off your card balance each month.
- Fees for late and returned payments. For each late or returned payment, you’ll pay a fee of up to Up to $40.
Save more at Hot Topic
Hot Topic offers lots of ways to save, including signing up for its email list to land a quick 30% off your first order and its 25% student discount. Be on the lookout for the best deals around the holiday season — the brand is known to offer a sitewide “buy one, get one 50% off” deal for Black Friday.
Still looking for a deal? Don’t miss these top coupons and discounts:
What to know before you apply
To apply for the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a government-issued ID.
- Have a Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll likely qualify for the Hot Topic card with a fair credit score of at least 580.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Hot Topic website, click the Apply tab.
2. Complete the application form with your Social Security number, annual income and contact information.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit card approval is automated on the website, you’ll get a decision on your application immediately.
I got the card — now what?
- Make your payments. Pay your bills online by registering an online account at the Comenity Bank website.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $40.
- Customer service. If you have questions, visit the help section on the Comenity Bank website or call 1-844-271-2526.
If you’re a loyal Hot Topic shopper, you’ll find small but helpful perks with the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card. If you only shop with Hot Topic occasionally, you may want to see what your other store credit card options are.