A store credit card for the Hot Topic loyalist.
- Get this card if… you love shopping at Hot Topic.
- Pick something else if… you don’t shop at Hot Topic often.
If you’re a regular shopper at Hot Topic, you’ll like the Guest List Credit Card. It’s a store credit card with fun perks to keep you spending.
|Product Name||Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$38|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$38|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
Many retailers put their own spin on the store credit card. For Hot Topic, there’s the Guest List Credit Card.
As you might expect, the Guest List card comes with perks that’ll encourage shopping at Hot Topic. For starters, you’ll get 15% off your first purchase. On every transaction afterward, you’ll earn one point for every dollar you spend. You can score a $5 credit toward Hot Topic purchases for every 100 points you earn.
There’s more to keep the Hot Topic loyalist happy, including shipping discounts and birthday offers. And the truly faithful can eventually attain Guest List VIP status, which comes with benefits like 1.25 points per dollar spent and cheaper shipping.
- SIGNUP BONUS: Get a 15% discount on your first purchase.
- POINTS: Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend.
You’ll also like…
- Instant rewards. For every 100 points you earn, you’ll collect a $5 credit toward Hot Topic purchases.
- Shipping discounts. Each year, you’ll receive two coupons for $20 off a purchase of $50 or more.
- Hot Topic perks. You’ll receive offers on your birthday and your card anniversary. Also enjoy early access to events and sales.
- Guest List VIP perks. After you’ve earned 500 points, you’ll attain Guest List VIP status. Earn 1.25 points per each dollar spent, get $2 standard shipping for all orders and access a dedicated customer service phone line when you need help.
What to watch out for
- High interest rate. The Hot Topic card comes with a high 26.49% variable APR, so consider paying off your card balance each month.
- Fees for late and returned payments. For each late or returned payment, you’ll pay a fee of up to $38.00.
Consider other cards if…
- You don’t shop often at Hot Topic. The Guest List Card is a store credit card that you can use only at Hot Topic. If you’re not a Hot Topic regular, consider picking a credit card you can use elsewhere.
What to know before you apply
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for the Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a government-issued ID.
- Have a Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll likely qualify for the Hot Topic card with a fair credit score of at least 620.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Hot Topic website, click the Apply tab.
2. Complete the application form with your Social Security number, annual income and contact information.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit card approval is automated on the website, you’ll get a decision on your application immediately.
I got the card — now what?
- Make your payments. Pay your bills online by registering an online account at the Comenity Bank website.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $38.
- Customer service. If you have questions, visit the help section on the Comenity Bank website or call 1-844-271-2526.
If you’re a loyal Hot Topic shopper, you’ll find small but helpful perks with the Hot Topic Guest List card.