Earn unlimited 2x miles on all purchases with no annual fee your first year and a generous signup bonus offer.
- Get this card if… you want to earn twice the miles per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
- Pick something else if… you don’t want to pay an annual fee after your intro year or want an introductory APR on purchases.
- Excellent credit score of 750 to 850 recommended.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is solid in many respects. It comes with a generous introductory miles offer, a straightforward two miles for every dollar spent on purchases and no annual fee for your first year. You also get $0 transaction fees when you use this card to make purchases outside of the U.S.
|Product Name||Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24%, 19.24% or 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24%, 19.24% or 24.24% variable|
|Annual fee||$$0 intro for the first year, $95 after|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Excellent (740+)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Annual fee||$$0 intro for the first year, $95 after|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The Venture credit card from Capital One is a rewards card that you can use overseas without having to pay a foreign transaction fee, leading to noticeable savings if you’re someone who travels frequently.
You’ll pay nothing to use the card for the first year and a low $95 each year thereafter. The APR you’ll receive depends on your creditworthiness — but if you pay your account balance in full each month, you won’t pay any interest on purchases.
This Capital One credit card is well suited for people who travel overseas and are looking to earn reward miles quickly. It may also work well if you pay your account balance in full each month.
- Signup bonus. Receive a 50,000-mile bonus — equal to $400 in travel — when you purchase $3,000 or more in the first three months after approval.
- Rewards program. Earn an unlimited two miles for every dollar spent on purchases.
- Flexible mileage redemption. Redeem your miles for past travel purchases using Capital One’s Purchase Eraser, which offers no minimum for full travel statement redemptions. You can also use your miles to book flights, car rentals or hotels and more.
- $0 intro annual fee. Pay nothing for the first year and $95 each year after.
- $0 foreign transaction fees. Use this card overseas and pay no foreign transaction fees.
- Visa Signature benefits. Get travel upgrades and savings, access to complimentary concierge services, auto rental collision damage waiver, shopping discounts, extended warranties and emergency card replacement.
- Secure and protected. Offers $0 fraud liability and personalized security alerts.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. After your free intro year, you’ll pay an annual fee of $95 to use the card.
- Requires excellent credit. A credit score of 750 to 850 is recommended.
- High cash advance APR. In addition to paying a cash advance fee, you’ll pay an APR of 24.24% variable o your cash advance amount from the moment it’s received.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What you should know before applying
Apply for the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card if:
- You’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
What credit score should I have?
An excellent credit rating of 750 to 850 will increase your application’s chances of approval.
How do I apply for the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card?
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Visit the Capital One Venture Rewards credit card page and click “Apply Now.” Complete the online application with such details as:
- Your full name and contact information, including your email address and phone number.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Required financial information.
How long will it take for me to be approved?
Once Capital One processes your application, you’ll receive notification that your submission is complete. You’ll typically receive notice of your approval status in 7 to 15 days.
I received the card – now what?
- Keep track of your account. Sign up with the website to see your spending and make payments online.
- Don’t let interest accrue. Pay your balance in full each month to avoid paying interest on purchases. Cash advances and special transfers will accrue interest from the transaction date, so it’s best that you pay these balances as quickly as possible.
- Avoid late fees. Make payments before each due date to avoid late fees of up to $35.
- Contact customer service. Call or email Capital One if you have questions
With the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, you can earn double the typical reward miles without paying foreign transaction fees while traveling.
If you’re looking for a rewards card that doesn’t require excellent credit or an annual fee, compare the fees and terms of other options.