A cash back business card for those with fair credit.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you’re looking to get cash back for business expenses and have a fair credit score.
- Pick something else if… you’re looking to pay the card off slowly with a low APR.
- Recommended fair to excellent credit score of 625 or higher.
|Product Name||Capital One Spark® Classic for Business|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
Capital One Spark Classic for Business proves that cash back cards aren’t only for those with excellent credit. Earn 1% cash back on all business spending with this no-annual-fee card that also comes with no foreign transaction fees.
Unlimited cash back earnings and the chance to build credit are good features. But other cards in the Spark suite include the Spark Cash, which offers 2% cash back, and Spark Miles, which earns you airline miles for every dollar you spend.
- 1% cash back. It’s not the strongest cash back offer, but this card is a good place to start while building your credit.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card overseas without the worry of extra fees.
- Improve your business credit. By paying your bills on time and managing your account responsibly, you can work your way up to stronger rewards cards.
You’ll also like…
- Free employee cards. Employees can help you earn rewards on every business purchase.
- Fraud alerts. Capital One will notify you of any suspicious activity by phone, text or email.
What to watch out for
Capital One Spark Classic for Business comes with the typical drawbacks of cards that are lower in a suite.
- No intro APR. Depending on your creditworthiness, you could pay up to 24.24% variable in interest on your purchases from the start.
- No travel rewards. If you spend a lot on travel expenses, you may want to look at other cards.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What should I know before I apply
To apply for the Capital One Spark Classic for Business card, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or legal resident.
You’ll need to submit personal and financial information that includes:
- Your full name and personal contact information.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your total annual income and monthly rent.
You’ll also need to provide specific information about your business, including:
- Your business name and address.
- Information about the type of industry you’re in.
- Your ownership type and how long you’ve been in business.
- Your business tax ID number.
- Your annual business revenue and monthly expenses.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a chance of being approved for the Spark Classic for Business card if you apply with a fair to excellent credit score of 625 or higher.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
How to apply for the card
Visit Capital One online, click the Business tab and find Spark Classic for Business. Click Apply Now.
Complete the application with your personal and financial information.
I got the card. Now what?
Start earning cash back on your business spending, but be sure to stay on top of your payments to avoid unnecessary interest and fees.
- Track your spending. Monitor your spending and payments online 24/7.
- Avoid fees. Avoid late fees of up to $39 by setting up automatic withdrawals for statements.
- Earn more with your employees. Earn extra bonuses by providing cards to select employees for business expenses.
- Contact customer service. Get in touch with Capital One by phone at 800-867-0904 or by signing in to your account.
The Capital One Spark Classic for Business card helps you earn unlimited cash back while building credit and paying for your business. But you may want to take a look at other options that come with lower APRs or better travel bonuses.
Compare Capital One Credit Cards