If you’re looking for a low-fee business card, Spark Cash could be for you.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you’re looking to get 2% cash back for your business spending and signup bonuses.
- Pick something else if… you’re looking for a 0% intro APR.
- Recommended good to excellent credit score of 700 or higher.
|Product Name||Capital One Spark Cash for Business|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||18.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||18.24% variable|
|Annual fee||$0 intro for the first year, $95 thereafter|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Good (700-739)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Annual fee||$0 intro for the first year, $95 thereafter|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The Capital One Spark Cash for Business card can earn you money back on business expenses. You’ll enjoy unlimited cash back earnings plus a one-time $500 signup bonus after you’ve spent $4,500 in the first three months after opening your account.
If you’re looking for a low-fee business card, Spark Cash could be for you. Other cards in the Spark suite include the Spark Cash Select, which offers an intro 0% APR for nine months, and the Spark Classic for those with average credit looking for a cash back business card.
Beyond making it easy to pay for your business expenses, Capital One Spark Cash for Business card offers rewards that can stretch your spending.
- Unlimited cash back. Earn 2% cash back on all business spending.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card overseas without the worry of extra fees.
- Intro bonus. Get $500 back when you spend $4,500 in the first three months after approval.
You’ll also like…
- Free employee cards. Employees can help earn rewards on every business purchase.
- Fraud alerts. Capital One will notify you of any suspicious activity by phone, text or email.
What to watch out for
Capital One Spark Cash for Business offers rewards for spending on your business, but there are limits to its benefits.
- No 0% intro APR. 18.24% variable APR on all spending right from the start.
- No travel rewards. Spending on travel won’t earn you additional rewards.
- Annual fees. After the first year, you’ll pay $95 per year.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What should I know before I apply
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for the Capital One Spark Cash card, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- You’ll need to submit personal and financial information that includes:
- Your full name and personal contact information.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your total annual income and monthly housing payment.
You’ll also need to provide specific information about your business, including:
- Your business name and address.
- Information about the type of industry you’re in.
- Your ownership type and how long you’ve been in business.
- Your business tax ID number.
- Your annual business revenue and monthly expenses.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Spark Cash for Business card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 700 or higher.
How to apply for the card
1. Visit Capital One online, click the Business tab and find Spark Cash for Business. (Or use this link to go directly to the page.) Click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with your personal and financial information.
If approved, you’ll receive your letter of approval in seven to 10 days. You’ll need to submit your initial deposit, then you should receive your card in another two to three weeks.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit approval is automated on the website, you may get a decision on your application within 60 seconds.
I got the card. Now what?
Start earning 2% cash back on all of your business expenses, but be sure to stay on top of your payments to avoid unnecessary interest and fees.
- Track your spending. Monitor your spending and payments online 24/7.
- Avoid fees. Avoid late fees of up to $39 by setting up automatic withdrawals for statements.
- Earn more with your employees. Earn extra bonuses by providing cards to select employees for business expenses.
- Contact customer service. Get in touch with Capital One by phone, email or live chat.
The Capital One Spark Cash for Business card helps you earn unlimited cash back while paying for your business expenses. Take a look at other options with better introductory rates or travel bonuses.
Compare Capital One Credit Cards