Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back rewards on all purchases while building or rebuilding your credit.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you want cash back for purchases and you have an average credit score.
- Pick something else if… you’re looking for higher cash back rewards on all purchases and you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Recommended credit range of 630 to 689.
If you’re looking to earn rewards on everyday spending, Capital One’s QuicksilverOne could be the card for you. It offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases — no spending categories to keep track of and no expiration dates on rewards.
|Product Name||Capital One QuicksilverOne® Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||24.99% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||24.99% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.99% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The Capital One QuicksilverOne Credit Card can help you build or rebuild your credit. After five on-time payments, you’re eligible for a higher credit line.
Make the most of this Capital One credit card on every purchase you make and improve your credit score with each on-time payment.
- Cash back rewards. Earn 1.5% cash back on all spending.
- Access to higher credit line. You’re eligible for a higher line of credit after you’ve made five on-time payments.
- No foreign transaction fees. No worries about using your card overseas.
- Fair credit OK. Apply with a credit score of 630 or higher.
- Secure and protected. The card comes with zero-fraud liability and security alerts.
What to watch out for
This card is a good way to work your way up to a stronger credit card. But it comes with a few downsides.
- Annual fee. You’ll pay $39 p.a. a year to use this card.
- High APR. The card has a high 24.99% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers.
- No signup bonus. Unlike other rewards cards, there’s no signup incentive.
- No intro APR. Unlike the Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card, the Capital One QuicksilverOne card does not come with this perk.
- You’ll find better bonuses elsewhere. Other cards offer higher cash back rewards, especially if focused on a category like dining or gas.
- Weak foreign exchange rates. You’ll pay a rate that’s higher than the mid-market rate on overseas purchases.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What to know before you apply
To be eligible for the Capital One QuicksilverOne Rewards Credit Card, you must not have applied for a Capital One card twice in the past 30 days. You must also be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance at approval if you apply with a credit score of 630 or higher.
How to apply for the card
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
- On the Capital One website, select Quicksilver from Cash Back Rewards and click Apply Now.
- Complete the application with personal details that include:
- Your full name, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your residential address, email address and phone number.
- Your bank account details.
- Your employment status and annual income.
- Your monthly rent or mortgage.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit card approval is automated on the website, you can get a decision on your application within 60 seconds. You’ll typically receive a letter with your approval status in seven to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
Now that you’re on your way to earning rewards and improving your credit score with the Capital One QuicksilverOne rewards card, be sure to make your regular payments.
- Making payments. Register your account on Capital One’s website to pay your balance online.
- Avoiding interest payments. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $35. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have any questions about your account, email customer service or call 1-800-227-4825.
If you’re looking to increase your credit score with the benefits of a hassle-free rewards card, look into the Capital One QuicksilverOne Rewards card.
If you’re looking for a card with signup bonuses, no annual fee or higher cash back rewards, explore other credit cards that might better fit your needs.